• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

So uh, how much of the core BOFV:DQ team was involved with Command Mission?

So yeah, the game is sucking. I'm about half way through and between the inane "dungeons", the boring battles and the absolute shit dialogue and voice "talent", to say I am disappointed seems almost amusing.

I know that the game was being done by the Dragon Quarter team, but just exactly how much of the team worked on the game? I can't believe this tripe (compared to BOFV) came from that dev house! They certainly proved their talent, and I'm inclined to place all the blame on the Capcom suits... What with Dragon Quarter bombed unfairly within all regions.

Someone want to reassure me?

kiryogi

Banned
Hey now, the battles are what is fun about CM! Solid battle mechanics, just a lack of challenge really. (Just as Kitabayashi has said in interviews) But it has downfalsl in almost every other area. VA wasn't a problem for me, a pity for those that got stuck with the Dragon Ball canadian dub casts :p In any case, I'm curious if Tatsuya Minami is part of Capcom Dev 4 as well. That's one thing that bugged me when I saw the credits besides Kitabayashi, that the same man(minami) that's been leading the X games since X5 was still involved. (The start of the downfall) But to answer Wario's question, they've also done X7 besides these two. It's really obvious from the cutscene style and visuals. X8 sports the same style too for the cutscenes.

edit: It's also to note that Capcom of America edited a lot of the dialouge too to where reviewers were calling it kiddy.

kiryogi said:
Hey now, the battles are what is fun about CM! Solid battle mechanics, just a lack of challenge really. (Just as Kitabayashi has said in interviews) But it has downfalsl in almost every other area. VA wasn't a problem for me, a pity for those that got stuck with the Dragon Ball canadian dub casts :p In any case, I'm curious if Tatsuya Minami is part of Capcom Dev 4 as well. That's one thing that bugged me when I saw the credits besides Kitabayashi, that the same man(minami) that's been leading the X games since X5 was still involved. (The start of the downfall) But to answer Wario's question, they've also done X7 besides these two. It's really obvious from the cutscene style and visuals. X8 sports the same style too for the cutscenes.

edit: It's also to note that Capcom of America edited a lot of the dialouge too to where reviewers were calling it kiddy.

The battles are sucky. It feels like a 'generic' BOF game where everyone is a Dragon (hyper mode). Also, I presume they've done some of the BOF games, because it really does feel like BOF III in alot of respects (but BOF III didn't suck).

I dunno I'm in Chapter 5 and I'm just not feeling it at all. I was expecting much much more here. My expectations did drop once it was released and I heard initial impressions, but man... Didn't know it would turn out like this.

The game would be improved soundly if there were no random battles, and X could do something other than just "DASH DASH DASH" in a boring background area. Ugh.

And yeah, the game really is a kid's RPG. Definately. It's especially hilarious since Paper Mario 2 is nowhere near being a child's game, whereas "teh matoor" artstyle of Command Mission is the most childish I've played in some time... Blehhhh.

The DPLII is nice though. Didn't expect that in a Capcom game. And there are things I do like, but I feel that it was like "the suits" decided how creative the team could get...

ferricide

Dragona Akehi said:
The DPLII is nice though. Didn't expect that in a Capcom game. And there are things I do like, but I feel that it was like "the suits" decided how creative the team could get...
i'd be just as inclined to blame the team for making the game bad. i mean, just because you're talented, if you think you are making a game for teh kiddies, you are likely to suppress your creative/complex/etc ideas.

they took on the responsibility for making the kiddie RPG, and it turned out meh. oh well! i'll buy it when it's ... hrm ... $10. or maybe i won't. =P

Gattsu25

Banned
Dragona Akehi said:
So yeah, the game is sucking. I'm about half way through and between the inane "dungeons", the boring battles and the absolute shit dialogue and voice "talent", to say I am disappointed seems almost amusing.
damn...game sounds like it must suck
Dragona Akehi said:
I know that the game was being done by the Dragon Quarter team
:b

ferricide said:
i'd be just as inclined to blame the team for making the game bad. i mean, just because you're talented, if you think you are making a game for teh kiddies, you are likely to suppress your creative/complex/etc ideas.

they took on the responsibility for making the kiddie RPG, and it turned out meh. oh well! i'll buy it when it's ... hrm ... $10. or maybe i won't. =P

Well while that's true, I was hoping for SOME parts of BOFV to come through. Bleh.
I'm not sure it's even worth 10$. It's that bad.

It'd be much better if I could turn the voice acting off...

And Belgurdo, BOFIII is a great game. Had it's problems (story? What story!) but the Dragon gene bit was alot of fun. So shut yer trap. :p

Top Bottom