• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Soft Drink GAF |OT| Follow the liter

It's hot as hell and I want a root beer float

yGbPwM1.jpg

oh man..not a soft drink guy anymore but if you put one of those in front of me I'm gonna gulp it down in a split second. God..I want one right now!

I have a soft spot for Arizona's Arnold Palmer.

arnold_palmer-900x900.jpg

So many 7-11 exclusives! I don't think there are any 7-11s within 400 miles of me, though.

Has anyone else noticed that Buffalo Wild Wings have been replacing their Coke Freestyle machines by offering flavored Pepsi products? I haven't had a chance to try them yet, but it seems like the REALLY poor-man's version of Coke Freestyle.

Maybe I'm just upset they took away my only way of getting the GOAT:

ngbbs496bdf54a607f.jpg

Ryuukan

it's been a while, but I had surgery so w/e

Gatorade Fierce case from Costco:

XFjCI1j.jpg

Grape: This is standard artificial grape drink taste, solid. 7.5/10

Blue Cherry: This is a very pleasant mild cherry flavor. Its not too weak, not too sour and it doesnt taste like cough syrup. 9/10

Melon: A mix of watermelon and cantaloupe flavor. Oddly refreshing, would drink again. 8/10

Overall, this is likely the greatest gatorade variety pack every crafted

Ryuukan

Red Bull Summer Edition

rd9eJur.jpg

This is another 7-11 exclusive. Larger than your standard Red Bull cans, it has a crisp passion fruit taste. I opened the can up in my car and it was like one of those Yankee Candle air fresheners, pretty potent. Fair warning for energy drink veterans, this tastes almost exactly like Monster Energy M-80. 7/10, +-2 points if you love/hate passion fruit, -311 points for failure to Come Original.

Ryuukan

Long overdue but something new

Nesquik Girl Scout Cookie Caramel Coconut:

This new low-fat milk crossover includes Thin Mints as well, but I have not tried that one yet. I braced myself expecting a toxic amount of sweetness from this bottle but I have to say it was not too bad. The chocolate was very light, the caramel was definitely at the party, but the toasted coconut was the most upfront flavor. Another huge plus was the consistency. Sometimes these flavored milks are loaded with thickeners and have a terrible consistency going down. That was not the case here, nice and smooth.

I am not a big milk drinker. I'm lactose intolerant, so I had to pop my lactaid before downing this. 7.5/10, +1 for milk drinkers, +1 if they are still called Samoas in your heart.

Marz

Half of the shit in this thread I never see anywhere where I live.

Mountain Dew SolarFlare is terrible BTW, tastes like cough syrup.

ruxtpin

Banned
I just discovered Boylan sodas. A more expensive glass-bottled brand, but uses cane sugar. The two flavors I've tried were great. Thinking about ordering a case of the grape soda bottles.

boylan.jpg

Ryuukan

Fanta Cherry:

BxxIIzOCYAArRfo.jpg:large

Another 7-11 exclusive, these 20oz bottles are on sale currently for $2 for 2. Very strong cherry taste (Pepsi, you'll never understand cherry, let Coke do its thing) but not too much of that overpowering cough syrup flavor. Was a nice change of pace from typical mass market soda flavors, 8/10.

Narag

Gave Sprecher's Cherry Cola a shot today and thought it was a little too tart. I've heard good things about the root beer which I'll try later tonight.

Enron

Banned
Sprecher Root Beer, Cherry, and Orange Dream are available at Tower if you live in the metro ATL. The Orange is divine.

Ryuukan

In honor of the bump:

Mountain Dew Dewshine

CJaxdfkUYAA485W.jpg:large

I have no love or nostalgia for glass bottles. I would rather pay less for plastic or aluminum.
That said, this is the god dew. Real sugar with a smooth taste like Throwback, but the flavor is a very simple citrus, almost like grapefruit but no sourness.
10/10 could drink all day long, minus everything if you really don't like citrus.

Top Bottom