• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Some GT4 screens

Watch.Impress.com.jp

Corporation SONY computer entertainment (development: Corporation ポリフォニー digital) driving simulator "グランツーリスモ 4 (GT4)". The introduction title "GT4 prologue" is sold on end of the last year, and it is the work whose attention is high with E3, but the test playing stand large number is prepared with the SCEJ booth, the car can be photographed "photo mode", and is the new axis just, "B specifications" mode (later description) and the like attention had focused. Furthermore, the concert "of GT4" was held at the Makuhari メッセ nearby hotel. The Yamanouchi one model person of ポリフォニー digital President the Noboru platform, up-to-date did the presentation regarding "GT4". Sale day December 3rd, is sold in the day when place t Shaun 10th anniversary commemoration is joyous. As for price it is regrettable still to become undecided, but "prologue" empty 1 year, the fact that finally sale day is notiified probably is the delightful topic.

gt400.jpg

gt418.jpg

gt410.jpg

gt411.jpg

gt412.jpg

gt413.jpg

gt414.jpg

gt415.jpg

gt416.jpg

gt417.jpg

Ranger X

I never saw any pictures of some circuits that are supposed to make a comeback (if it's true that we are supposed to get back all previous games circuits) like Grinderwald and Redrock Speedway.... is GT4 is going to deceive me on yet another point? ;(

Gek54

truesayian said:
no online = rehash...trash.....

Physics are much improved that and the 900 degree force feedback make still make it a must have.

Good god those screens are sex.

Gek54

BeOnEdge said:
those screens ARE sex but they'll be lonely masturbation once they hit your TV screen undoctored.

Nah, prologue is already too good looking and these look a ton better than the Prologue touchups.

AlphaSnake

...and that, kids, was the first time I sucked a dick for crack
Where the fuck is my car list!? GT4 better have a 4th and 5th generation Maxima in it. >=(

!

thorns

Banned
I don't see what makes this look that much better than Forza? The screenshots are touched / AA'd and sharpened to hell already and there is a ton of replay effects going on which is irrelevant to how the game will look like when you're actually playing. It also has static backgrounds which don't look nearly as good in mount.

Until both games are out, these screenshots are just pretty and don't tell us anything about how the game will look IMHO.

isamu

OMFG HOLY MOTHER OF MARY IN HEAVEN I CANT BELIEVE IT WTF WHERE ARE MY SEDATIVES AAAAHHH
BeOnEdge said:
those screens ARE sex but they'll be lonely masturbation once they hit your TV screen undoctored.

:lol

Not to mention the fact that....

はい,今日のアップデートは嬉しかったですね.これで何人やめるのかが知りたいところですが,おそらく分からずじまいでしょうね.

shpankey

not an idiot
they are sweet pics, but they are right, they won't look like that at home, cause the FSAA and AF is set to max in these, also the depth of field, and that's just not happeneing in reality. I feel for people who actually expect it to look like that and the shock they are in for when reality shows itself on thier tv's. in defense of them doing this tho.. EVERYONE does this bullshit trick, so it's not them trying to do anything shifty or whatever.

having said that though, the lighting is very VERY impressive, as is the car modeling. backgrounds are not that great in comparison to some other racers but not bad either. the lighting fucking OWNS every other racer ever made though, especially the lighting on the vehicles, so sweet... it really brings the cars to life!!!

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
Even if these screens do not represent the actual game resolution, lighting is what really impress since there is no reason to believe it wont be like that in the actual game.

Gimme gimme.

Give me some real pics, not this super clean FSAA'd stuff. I guess if people are fine with obviously retouched stuff like this, then there's no need to make any real pics. Just sad.

cobragt3

Lighting can be very important to any game. Forza's lighting is way off making it look very unrealistic in comparsion to gt4 and it run 30fps, no thxs.

cobragt3

BlackClouds said:
Give me some real pics, not this super clean FSAA'd stuff. I guess if people are fine with obviously retouched stuff like this, then there's no need to make any real pics. Just sad.
You can always just look at the trailer and see how gt4's ingame graphics are lilke.

Pug

I have no idea if Porlogue has been imroved on but the in game graphics look nothing like these.

cobragt3

Those pics are just high-res for wallpaper use. The texture res hasn't been upped and you can clearly see that by watching the trailer. The pics are just big and the only difference in the pics and what's gonna be on screen is the amount of jaggies present. There will be more jaggies on screen but you see the detail on the tracks? That's all gt4. And if you dont agree, you haven't seen the trailer at all.

I like to see pics to, chosen with care by somebody who knows how to take some good ones as well as the videos and demos. I don't mind the glossed up for wallpaper stuff, but I want to see some real ones also. I don't think people should be using the blown up wallpaper pics as evidence that this game has the best graphics or whatever.

cobragt3

Photomode pic
gt4-nurburgring-screens-20040729050104421.jpg

Video capture pic
falken6.jpg

Like I said, only the pic itself is upped in res so it can be used as wallpaper because who would use a 640x480 pic as wallpaper? The texture res in those pics are the same. And to tell you the truth, photomode sometimes over do some pics, making the game look too clean and clear and bright, making it look unrealistic. I'll stick with the vids, pics can only go so far. Want to see how photorealistic gt4 looks, look at the trailer, simple as that. You'll see the best looking and most realistic looking game this gen.

mr2mike

Banned
gt415.jpg

gt416.jpg

I'm speechless, I am without speech. that viper and GT40 are no doubt THE most photoreal game graphics I've ever seen, and I've just been in the jgtc forza thread :p

I also want to know how the fuck is this possible on PS2?

Oh and the game might as well not have online, in one of the menu screens ou can see that the game has NOS, wich is something I'd rather not have in the game: I wouldn't want kiddies juicing past my all motor car at the simple press of a button. NOS is cheating.

thorns

Banned
Seriously the 30fps argument IS crap. PGR2 is 30 fps and VERY playable. As long as the game doesn't control at 30 fps, I don't see any problem.

mr2mike

Banned
well you basically just said what's wrong with 30 fp: it's "playable", just "playable" and nothing more.

the people who bitch are the ones that want more than a just 'playable' racer, mostly because we've been enjoying racers that are much more for years now, and that with current hardware, just 'playable' hardly cuts it, especially for the supposed blockbusters of a lineup on the supposed most powerful console.

Forsete

SantaCruZer said:
well Bungie does the same thing with their halo2 screenshots. Super high res and lots of AA.

Yeah.. Honestly, I dont know why people keep on bringing this up in GT4 threads, while they are silent in the Xbox threads? Its the same type of cheating, and everyone is doing it these days?

cybamerc

Will start substantiating his hate
Xbots think that because Xbox supports flicker-filtering in hardware (and true FSAA which is practically never used) those super hi-res press images are somehow representative of actual gameplay IQ. They're not very bright.

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
thorns said:
Seriously the 30fps argument IS crap. PGR2 is 30 fps and VERY playable. As long as the game doesn't control at 30 fps, I don't see any problem.

Ah yes, I've played that game.

I remember screaming "GO GO 60 FPS!!!!" into the XBOX Live headset to no avail...

30 fps racers make baby Jesus (and Dark10x) cry. :(

cobragt3

Yea, yea, there is AA in those pics but if you were to take that AA out and make it a 640x480 pic, that photorealistic look would still be there. I would love to see that track in motion. It looked amazing in the trailer, I want to see more of it.

Top Bottom