• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Someone please help me....

I'm obsessing again........

Remember this?

XBoyLG.jpg

I was going through my soon to be defunct Photobucket account and came across it again, and all of the sudden, I was dying to see how it would feel in my hands, so....

XBoyMockup1.jpg

XBoyMockup2.jpg

XBoyMockup3.jpg

XBoyMockup4.jpg

I had to merge two photos for this one:
XBoyMockup5.jpg

I bought some foam core and did this stupid mock up hoping to get it out of my system, but apprently didn't work because I'm getting thoughts of doing a proper yellow foam painted model.... maybe even with a real PPC LCD and working parts buried in it.....

I don't have time nor money for this! Stupid DS and PSP discussisons....

shibbs said:
It so doesnt look like a sp!

:rolleyes:

You get prize for eagle eye! :rolleyes reversal:

This is not a design excersize. This is I want a hold something working in my hands obsession!

The cheapest I found working PPCs with 3.5" LCD is around $180, but I don't think any PPC will have mobo that will fit in the width of my design. Besides, I'd rather have a PPC that's got 3D accel, but that's not gonna be cheap, and the LCD won't be right.

From a pure fantasy route, I could take the Gizmondo when it comes out (which has all the required HD except for the right size LCD and an analog stick) and take the innards of that and shove it in my casing, then replace the 2.8" LCD with a 3.5" one from a broken PPC (problem is most broken PPC on ebay has broken LCD).

Speaking of the Giz, couldn't they fucking wake up and put ananlog stick on that bitch, and get rid of all the unnecessary shit like the digicam and the GPS, lowering the price to DS levels? That would make it a viable gaming portable instead of instant market joke it is destined tobe....

Gek54

On the Dualshock2 if you turn of the analog mode does that mean the buttons are no longer analog?

Top Bottom