• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Something We've missed about the DS?

duderon

rollin' in the gutter
DrEvil said:
dw3.jpg

the first word is isolation, i can't make the second one out.

duderon

rollin' in the gutter
yeah, this has got to be online. Anti isolation, an eye on the screen, and the warpipe dude feeding this info to us.

GDGF

Soothsayer
This is getting exciting, but I do believe if warp pipe lets us down, half of GAF will go down to Chicago for an ass kicking session.

GDGF

Soothsayer
Oh, and this has got to have something to do with a matching service (where Warp Pipe comes in, I guess) and an online plan that is half old Starcube speculation and half distributed processing (like the multi emotion plans of old)

duderon

rollin' in the gutter
here's another quote from Dean (DrEvil) to keep the hype machine a rollin!

Dean said:
I can't say much due to security reasons, obviously it's something really innovative and will revolutionize multiplay. but that's all i can say, i cant tell you specifics yet -- I can drop hints though, so perhaps you can piece the puzzle togeter... give it some personality.

Chittagong

Gold Member
My predictions of what really will happen:

NINTENDO ANNOUNCES STRONG EXCLUSIVE LAUNCH LINEUP FOR NINTENDO DS
New first-party games demonstrate unique, innovative features of Nintendo DS
Momentum continues in early 2005 with further titles

REDMOND, Wash., Oct. 7, 2004 - Nintendo announced today an exciting first-party launch lineup for Nintendo DS, the dual-screened, hand-held video game system redefining the idea of interactive entertainment. The initial launch lineup for Nintendo DS includes exclusive new installments of Nintendo's most loved franchises - Super Mario 64x4, Animal Crossing DS and Wario Ware DS.

"We are thrilled to launch the Nintendo DS with a stellar trio of Nintendo favorites. A real power punch is delivered by using the new games to demonstrate the revolutionary new gameplay possibilities the Nintendo DS offers", says Reggie Fils-Aime, Vice President of Sales and Marketing of Nintendo of America. "The launch trio is perfect for demonstrating the exclusive new features of Nintendo DS - wireless multiplayer gaming in Super Mario 64x4, innovative use of the second screen as an input in Animal Crossing DS, and unique new style of gameplay using the touch screen in Wario Ware DS. "

For 2005 and beyond, Nintendo announced a further unique, innovative gamers. Gamers can expect to get their hands on Nintendogs, a virtual dog simulation, Mario Kart DS, the dual screen version of the world's most popular karting game, New Super Mario Bros (working title), and all new Mario adventure, as well as Metroid Prime Hunters, into which gamers get a first peek with the free preview version included with the Nintendo DS system, Metroid Prime Hunters: First Hunt. Further details of these games will be revealed at a later date.

DECK'ARD

The Amiga Brotherhood
So a new platform is going to be launched without any word about a feature that will supposedly make people go "ohhhhh"? You'd think Nintendo would want to create as much "ohhhhh"ing as possible ...

Seems a bit odd to me. Although Nintendo suddenly adding WiFi to it was also odd. There must have been a compelling reason for them to decide to do something that added to the cost of the hardware, which is crucial with handhelds.

I'll keep an open-mind for the time-being I think.

Hero

Interesting. I'm trying not to get to involved, but it sounds like something online, or at least massively multiplayer.

Going onto that n-sider thread, everything points to it.

Maybe every NDS has a MAC address or something similar and you create your own personal identification handle so that others can 'find you.'

IJoel

I don’t know where I’m going
But, I sure know where I’ve been
Hanging on the promises
In songs of yesterday
An’ I’ve made up my mind,
I ain’t wasting no more time
But, here I go again
Here I go again

Tho’ I keep searching for an answer,
I never seem to find what I’m looking for
Oh lord, I pray
You give me strength to carry on,
’cos I know what it means
To walk along the lonely street of dreams

An’ here I go again on my own
Goin’ down the only road I’ve ever known,
Like a hobo* I was born to walk alone
An’ I’ve made up my mind

I’m just another heart in need of rescue,
Waiting on love’s sweet charity
An’ I’m gonna hold on
For the rest of my days,

Like a hobo* I was born to walk alone
An’ I’ve made up my mind

But, here I go again,
Here I go again,
Here I go again,
Here I go...

An’ I’ve made up my mind,

Like a hobo I was born to walk alone

Like a hobo I was born to walk alone
An’ I’ve made up my mind
I ain’t wasting no more time...

But, here I go again,
Here I go again,
Here I go again,
Here I go,
Here I go again...

Memles

I'm completely convinced that all this is, based on his comment on personality, it some form of matchmaking service. Whether this includes online play or not is a completely different story. Coming from the Warp Pipe guys, though...you'd have to think so.

Top Bottom