• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Son fatally shoots father who killed his mother, girlfriend and friend

Status
Not open for further replies.

malfcn

ROWLAND HEIGHTS, Calif. — A man was arrested for fatally shooting his father on New Year’s Eve after he allegedly killed his son’s bedridden mother, girlfriend, and friend in Rowland Heights, California, according to the Los Angeles County Sheriff’s Department.

Police found two men, ages 54 (the father) and 27, and two women, ages 48 and 54, all suffering from gunshot wounds around 8:38 p.m. Thursday, KTLA reported. They were pronounced dead at the scene.

The 54-year-old father allegedly shot his son’s bedridden mother, girlfriend and friend, the Los Angeles Times reported. The motive behind the shooting is unknown at this time.

His 33-year-old son, identified as Christopher Morey by the LA Times, then wrestled his father to the ground and shot him once, killing him, police reported.

The son called the police after the shooting and was arrested for allegedly killing his father. He was held on $1 million bail.

Witnesses said to officials that only one of the victims was living at the house.

Officials did not release the identities of the other victims.

There is an ongoing investigation into the incident.

That's some crazy stuff. Wonder what the forensic team will find..call Dexter or David Young?

lem0n

Jesus. I can't guarantee I wouldn't do the same exact thing the son did. I would lose my shit.

M52B28

Banned
Police found two men, ages 54 (the father) and 27, and two women, ages 48 and 54, all suffering from gunshot wounds around 8:38 p.m. Thursday, KTLA reported. They were pronounced dead at the scene.

I swear, there's some crazy shit popping up on the news.

The first thing that came up on my mind -

giphy.gif

iamblades

If that story is actually what happened, I don't see how a jury could convict him. At the least it's a case for temporary insanity, at best it's justifiable homicide.

Unless they have evidence it was some weird murder suicide pact, I can't imagine that anyone wouldn't react exactly the same way as that dude.

According to this, he (the dad who allegedly killed 3 people) was apparently a heavy drinker with a large gun collection. And police had been called dozens of times previously to the home. Who would have thunk it?

Jesus christ.

I don't blame the son a bit for killing his father if that's what happened. I'd let him go free depending on the exact circumstances. You have to figure out if the story is true though first. The son could have offed all of them for all we know.

lem0n

If that story is actually what happened, I don't see how a jury could convict him. At the least it's a case for temporary insanity, at best it's justifiable homicide.

Unless they have evidence it was some weird murder suicide pact, I can't imagine that anyone wouldn't react exactly the same way as that dude.

A lot of people here will claim they would never, just because of the general stance on guns here. But most normal people that witnessed the murder of everyone they cared about would lose it, I bet.

Dennis

Banned
Well, that is fucked up. Considering all that transpired it is hard to blame the son for ending his father.

AlexBasch

I swear, there's some crazy shit popping up on the news.

The first thing that came up on my mind -

giphy.gif
Oh, thanks, now I feel bad for laughing at this. :|

Imagine you're in the middle of a discussion, a gun pops out and everyone around you is dead in a a few seconds, scary stuff.

A Human Becoming

More than a Member
The son might have killed his father in self defense. After all, they're saying he procured the gun after wrestling on the ground. The father might have been going for the son next.

striferser

Huge Nickleback Fan
That's fucked up.
I can't blame the son, i probably do the same if i was put in his position.
The son might have killed his father in self defense. After all, they're saying he gained the gun by wrestling him to the ground. The father might have been going for the son next.
True, one of the victim is in their house.

Iadien

Guarantee I'm going to screw up this post? Yeah.
This has to be considered self defense, right? If the story is true.

Chumly

How does this not fall under self defence? The father had already murdered three people

I'm assuming they are holding him for
Murdering his father until they can prove his story correct. He's the only one alive so obviously they need to make sure the story matches what he says. Obviously a tragedy if true.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
A lot of people here will claim they would never, just because of the general stance on guns here. But most normal people that witnessed the murder of everyone they cared about would lose it, I bet.

No, those of us who don't like guns would say that this guy never should have had one in the first place.

Jesus, talk about a shitty situation if true.

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
If someone else in the house had a gun this wouldn't have happened, because they would have stopped him before he shot everyone

Even though it doesn't make sense unless they feel the need to carry their gun around with them, ready to shoot, in their own home.

Gattsu25

Banned
So all the witnesses that can verify the son's story are dead?

Police are probably going to be extra careful about this one because they probably don't want to let a mass murderer loose if it later turns out that the son was lying.

However, if this transpired the way the son details it then this is a case of self defense.

Regarding the father, why was someone with a clear history of trouble allowed to own a gun? Don't answer as I already know the answer.

If someone else in the house had a gun this wouldn't have happened, because they would have stopped him before he shot everyone

Even though it doesn't make sense unless they feel the need to carry their gun around with them, ready to shoot, in their own home.

Almost spun it right...the correct way of spinning it would be if everyone had guns it would not have happened

....in saying that it sounds like self defense

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
So the NRA's wet dream of a 'good guy' getting ahold of a gun to stop a bad guy with a gun ends with the good guy with a gun being held on a million dollar bond.

Genius plan assholes.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Please don't create threads about news stories whose sole point is to horrify and appall people. This applies equally to stories about horrible events and to random, petty local tragedies of no greater significance. It makes people's experience of our community worse if they have to tiptoe in between threads about mundane atrocities just to participate in the OT. Real news stories of cultural import are fine, even when they're about something horrific happening, but if the right response to a story is mostly just "wow that's awful" it probably shouldn't get a thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom