• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sonic Anniversary Retrospective - Billy Hatcher & The Giant Egg

I thought it was alright but felt like it could use more polish to make it truly great. It was interesting to see another company make a game so clearly taking after 3D Mario.

Kjell

Sonic
6MMcvlH.png

Billy
bjGxoX8.png

Had more fun with this game than i probably should have :)

Kjell

So Billy is the more tame game, while Sonic is the more chaotic one then ?

Well, that too .. but i meant it in the literal sense. Sonic has quite a few pinball inspired elements, while Billy Hatcher has a snooker / billiard inspired attack & combo system ( or at least that's what it reminded me of ).

RK128

Well, that too .. but i meant it in the literal sense. Sonic has quite a few pinball inspired elements, while Billy Hatcher has a snooker / billiard inspired attack & combo system ( or at least that's what it reminded me of ).

I can see that too :). Billy's egg push ability really does mirror that image when you have a lot of small foes around XD!

woopWOOP

I really enjoyed this game back then. Finding all those weird, different elemental animal buddies was fun. Never beat the final boss tho. Couldn't play it for long when I popped it back in few years ago... Billy's voice is a bit too grating for me nowadays. I do really like the character designs and that main theme is still catchy.

Oh. and multiplayer was kind of fun though! It was essentially a 4-player Pokemon battle free for all... except you were aiming to murder the other trainers with whatever you hatched. Atleast that's why we were into it, lol.

Camjo-Z

Billy Hatcher has some of, if not THE greatest boss music in a game. I dare anyone to refute this.

Anyway, the multiplayer in this game was great for just fooling around in. Grabbing powerup hats and flying around/mind controlling eggs, making a mad dash for Sonic Team and rainbow eggs, riding around on dinos and sharks... good times. I also really liked how you could download GBA minigames, lost a lot of time to NiGHTS Score Attack.

RK128

Billy Hatcher has some of, if not THE greatest boss music in a game. I dare anyone to refute this.

Anyway, the multiplayer in this game was great for just fooling around in. Grabbing powerup hats and flying around/mind controlling eggs, making a mad dash for Sonic Team and rainbow eggs, riding around on dinos and sharks... good times. I also really liked how you could download GBA minigames, lost a lot of time to NiGHTS Score Attack.

Completely agree; its just so catchy XD!

Peltz

I have the demo of this on that disc that came with my GCN. Cool looking game. I'll pick it up someday.

Top Bottom