• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sony E3 2006 Conference Thread (start at reply ~#1300)

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
dock UK said:
Anyone know how long these conferences last? One hour? Two?

I have to work tomorrow morning so I can't stay up too late, and it starts at midnight here.

I'm in the same position (minus the bit about having to get up for work), and I'm hoping it'll be an hour. But it may go up to 90 minutes, tops, I'd say. I'd like to be in bed by 1 :)

Square Enix
1:00 - 2:30 PM, with reception beginning at 11:30 AM

wasnt able to find the length of the Sony, but from last year, I believe it was 90 minutes. I'm sure someone knows for sure and can chime in. Ill still be at work at 4:00 so im just gonna keep up with it here at worka nd stay a bit late.

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
meltpotato said:
wasnt able to find the length of the Sony, but from last year, I believe it was 90 minutes. I'm sure someone knows for sure and can chime in. Ill still be at work at 4:00 so im just gonna keep up with it here at worka nd stay a bit late.

It was an hour and fifty minutes last year, though that was running a little over time. I doubt this year will be as long.

gofreak said:
It was an hour and fifty minutes last year, though that was running a little over time. I doubt this year will be as long.

im worried that they are going to continue to try to juxtapose psp with ps3 and get into too much business talk trying to make the psp sound like some amazing success which will result in a needlessly long conference.

Midas

Can a mod change the title of this thread? Sony E3 2006 Conference Thread - Free live stream at Gamespot? :lol

Dahbomb

Elios83 said:
I've heard that Capcom hasn't its own conference this year but will show titles during the platform holders conferences.
Well thanks for the info, I guess I will be sticking to the Sony conference for my pre-E3 Capcom hook up.

Dahbomb said:
Well thanks for the info, I guess I will be sticking to the Sony conference for my pre-E3 Capcom hook up.

I'd expect you to see a good deal of Capcom at 360 conf as well (Lost Planet, RE5, Street Fighter XBL)

Kittonwy

Banned
Elios83 said:
I hope that Capcom shows DMC4 and next gen Onimusha (even a teaser) at the Sony conference :D

I need my DMC4 fix.
gladtomeetya.gif

lunlunqq

it's so close now...i can't fucking waiting!!!!

btw, did anybody know where to watch the SE conferenc live? thx a lot in advance.

Dahbomb

OMFG I would crap my pants at SF4.

DMC4 is guaranteed to be a crowd pleaser. That's almost as guaranteed as MGS4 making people crap in their pants.

gamergirly said:
I really wonder if PS3 will be 399......

i really doubt we will find out today, but i could be wrong. If they are somehow able to secure a "low" price-point, they may be giddy to rain on their detractors' parades.

KingJ2002

looks like im going to have to watch re-runs of the sony conference today.

sigh...

looks like im going to have to skip school tomorrow to see nintendo & microsofts conferences tomorrow

sigh...

Sweedishrodeo

the smegma spreader
Furoba said:
Colony Wars PS3
Final Fantasy VII PS3
Final Fantasy XIII PS3
Zone of the Enders 3 PS3

Believe.

oh dear. my squenix fanboy tears will pour if that is true. i want VII more than XIII for the record.

Mmmkay

Kangu said:
You shut your mouth you filthy liar!!

:'(
March's OPM UK did a feature called 'PlayStation Phoenix from the Flames' which looked at old franchises that could resurface on the PS3.

Colony Wars had a likelihood rating of 90%. G-Police was 13% :'(

Andy787

Banned
I can't believe this shit is already almost here. :) It feels like just yesterday Kenny was standing up there with a PS3 in his arms, Killzone was blowing minds, Phil was showing off the magic of rubber duckies, and Kaz telling us how awesome charts and graphs are.

Furoba

Mmmkay said:
March's OPM UK did a feature called 'PlayStation Phoenix from the Flames' which looked at old franchises that could resurface on the PS3.

Colony Wars had a likelihood rating of 90%. G-Police was 13% :'(

Relative chance for RollCage PS3 and/or Syphon Filter PS3 too, at least down the road.

mashoutposse said:
PLEASE let ZOE3 be a reality. That franchise is begging for next generation treatment.

I liked the first one enough, but didn't get around to playing the second one until last October or November, and I must say it's one of the coolest games I've ever played. It was intense as hell and the last few battles were breathtaking.

I'm wearing a Nintendo jacket, but I have this thick Sony sweater on underneath it. I'm sacrificing a comfortable body temperature just to prove that even though I'm an Ntard, I have a strong loyalty to Emperor Kutaragi!

My shoes have Microsoft shoelaces

Top Bottom