• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sony E3 2006 Conference Thread (start at reply ~#1300)

Lunatic

Guys where will I be able to download the conference in high res tomorrow? I don't want to go to gaf for spoilers before I see it.

GoutPatrol

Forgotten in his cell
xaosslug said:
TBH, considering how bad it's been in the past for smaller events and now that we're practically in the thick of one of the biggest gaming related events... barring a few "Cannot Find Sever" pages every now and again I think NeoGAF is holding up fine. I'm pretty damn impressed even.

YOU CAN DO IT, GAF! KEEP IT TOGETHER!

Porkins.jpg

"I can hold it."

Goreomedy

Console Market Analyst
The feed is up.

Edit: 700K stream is selectable in settings. Hopefully this means they managed to work it out.

Furoba

Goreomedy said:
The feed is up.

Edit: 700K stream is selectable in settings. Hopefully this means they managed to work it out.

There is no feed yet, just a commercial.

Don't waste your bandwidth yet.

Goreomedy said:
The feed is up.

where?

I'll be happy with low-res stream, but I would love a 700k stream. I have insider - is IGN broadcasting?

Blimblim

The Inside Track
Gamespot is using Akamai for the streams. This pretty much ensures that the streaming will go without any problem.

Kleegamefan

K. LEE GAIDEN
TWO PLAYSTATION 3 FINAL FANTASIES BITCHES

PS3 GAME #1-Final Fantasy Thirteen

First one is FFXIII, being done by Toriyama (FFX). The game was begun by the FFX team for PS2, but the team was then derailed to make last year's FFVIII PS3 tech demo. They were so happy with the hardware, they decided to then shift development to the new platform. Apparently the game will run on the "White Engine" and will feature the most technologically advanced civilization ever featured in a Final Fantasy. The storyline will center on "those who resist the world."

PS3 GAME #2-Final Fantasy Versus Thirteen

FFVersus XIII is being done by......drumroll....Nomura!!!This one is a project between the Kingdom Hearts and Advent Children teams

Believe it or not, there are TWO MORE FFXIII games (for a total of four in all)...the other two areFinal Fantasy XIII: Fabula Nova Crystallis (from Nomura) Final Fantasy XIII: Agito, Both are "Mobile" games....

Microsoft gets the shaft on this one :lol

Oh and here are some shots of Final Fantasy Versus XIII on PS3:

finalfanta200151l3kl.jpg

finalfanta200152l2dh.jpg

finalfanta200153l7ad.jpg

finalfanta200155l7gc.jpg

finalfanta200159l5il.jpg

Have a nice day :D

Goreomedy

Console Market Analyst
Sorry. Let me clarify.

The link is up for the conference at Gamespot for subscribers(javascript pop up for the event player). You can jump into the conference dedicated chat room now, and choose your settings for when the stream begins.

700K is an option.

Hopefully the free link will be up soon for non-subscribers.

Andvary

Kleegamefan said:

First one is FFXIII, being done by Toriyama (FFX). The game was begun by the FFX team for PS2, but the team was then derailed to make last year's FFVIII PS3 tech demo. They were so happy with the hardware, they decided to then shift development to the new platform. Apparently the game will run on the "White Engine" and will feature the most technologically advanced civilization ever featured in a Final Fantasy. The storyline will center on "those who resist the world."

FFVersus XIII is being done by......drumroll....Nomura!!!This one is a project between the Kingdom Hearts and Advent Children teams

Believe it or not, there are TWO MORE FFXIII games (for a total of four in all)...the other two areFinal Fantasy XIII: Fabula Nova Crystallis (from Nomura) Final Fantasy XIII: Agito, Both are "Mobile" games....

OMG *heart attack*

Thanks KLEE!

Rlan

I'm currently getting the

"The Sony Playstation E3 Press Event Presented by Gamespot

STAY TUNED"

page. Is there any music on this? I want to make sure the sound will work :D

lancubap

Kleegamefan said:

Believe it or not, there are TWO MORE FFXIII games (for a total of four in all)...the other two are Final Fantasy XIII: Fabula Nova Crystallis (from Nomura) Final Fantasy XIII: Agito, Both are "Mobile" games....

finalfanta200151l3kl.jpg

finalfanta200152l2dh.jpg

finalfanta200153l7ad.jpg

finalfanta200155l7gc.jpg

finalfanta200159l5il.jpg

One Word: AMAZING. But are they In-Game ?

Cosmozone

I plan to be in bed before the show starts, so I only say this little thing: If neither Silent Hill 5 or Gradius VI are announced at the conference, it's officially meh. :)
Even then there's still hope with the Konami conference, though.

HomShaBom

Banned
wtf how do I fix these WMP errors, when I try to watch a WMP vid in my browser, it crashes the browser(ALL browsers). Its the illegal operation error. I HAVE tried reinstalling.

Striek

Ninja Scooter said:
Heavenly Sword looks good.
F1 looks meh.
Motorstorm looks fantastic.
More like
Heavenly Sword looks fantastic.
Motorstorm looks good.
F1 looks like utter fucking crap.

And all don't match last E3.

warthog

How long does a conference normally last? I have to get up early in the morning and it's well past midnight here already, so I'd like to have an idea about that.

yayaba

HomShaBom said:
wtf how do I fix these WMP errors, when I try to watch a WMP vid in my browser, it crashes the browser(ALL browsers). Its the illegal operation error. I HAVE tried reinstalling.

Don't know... I'm using IE now as I had problems with Firefox.

Omg, webcast starting! (I think... the screen blacked out just now isntead of showing the Gamespot text...)

is anyone going to be doing text updates? I have no sound at work so ill be watching in silence :(
need to ge this damn sound fixed

TekunoRobby

Tag of Excellence
GameSpot is up and running for me, can't wait to see some third party titles. Those are the REALLY impressive games (sorry SCEE). Ratchet will fucking own!

lancubap

Guy LeDouche said:
uh, the third one has attack commands and shit.

I mean, I don't play FF games, but isn't that what the menus look like? next-genified?

Ok. Thanks. Only 10 Minutes to the Conference !!!

Top Bottom