• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sony E3 2006 Conference Thread (start at reply ~#1300)

VALIS

Dan said:
I'm not watching this, but the reactions in this thread are highly entertaining :lol

Isn't it? I think I'm gonna do the same with the Nintendo and MS conferences tomorrow - not watch, just follow along on GAF.

OMG DULL
THE WORST CONFERENCE EVER
I'M TURNING IN MY SONY JACKET
WOW THAT LOOKS AWESOME!!!
HAHA MICROTRANSACTIONS
YOU'RE KILLING ME SONY
HEY THIS GAME LOOKS GOOD

:lol :lol Fucking spazzes.

Seth C

Come on now, Lair and Getaway don't even look like they are games at this point. Nothing in that Lair trailer looked like it even resembled something that could be played. It looked like a tech demo. Could be real-time, but nowhere near being a game yet, still, a year later. I wouldn't be surprised if it gets canned.

Love the atmosphere on the Naughty Dog game! Wish it had some gameplay. Looked like all real-time (or concept render) cinematics. Still, I love the style and atmosphere.

This last game looks like it will take the place COD2 did for MS last E3, only it looks much better than COD2 ever though about looking.

J2 Cool

Father_Brain said:
Eight Days looks amazing, but I'm almost certain that most of that trailer was CG.

I think it was but some gameplay it seemed was in there. Gotta hate that we can't even trust studios anymore

What the heck? Naughty Dog??

huh? Eight Days looked meh ... HORRIBLE character modeling and particle system. Only thing i liked was the fluid animation. Come on ... that game looked like shit and 1/2 of it was prerendered i bet.

Tellaerin

lancubap said:
They copied Nintendo for all their life and they contunue again...

No, if they were copying Nintendo, they'd make you go out and buy an extra cable for PS3/PSP connectivity, then release some PS3 'connectivity' games that are pretty much worthless unless you own also own a PSP.

Sony, on the other hand, seems to be approaching connectivity as a nice perk if you happen to own a PS3 and a PSP, not ramming it down peoples' throats as something you must have to enjoy certain titles.

Sony connectivity > Nintendo connectivity. Superior implementation FTW.

lancubap

6:04pm: New Naughty Dog game is shown, featuring a gun-toting hero battling enemies with a number of weapons through a mountain-based environment. Looks sweet, but no title.

hyp

nice videos, but i'd prefer to see these games played live with a controller to understand the gameplay better.

vatstep

This poster pulses with an appeal so broad the typical restraints of our societies fall by the wayside.
Resistance looks FUCKING INSANE

Juice

Hah, I like how this dude just gave an eight sentence description of the most overdone hackneyed theme in the most overdone repetitious genre.

An FPS where you fight other people and then some unknown alien force in a post-apocolptyic mayhem? No Way.

SyNapSe

ugh my feed is breaking up. It looks like a WWII type shooter but he said it's alternate reality instead

whoa this is sweet

Tellaerin said:
No, if they were copying Nintendo, they'd make you go out and buy an extra cable for PS3/PSP connectivity, then release some PS3 'connectivity' games that are pretty much worthless unless you own also own a PSP.

Sony, on the other hand, seems to be approaching connectivity as a nice perk if you happen to own a PS3 and a PSP, not ramming it down peoples' throats as something you must have to enjoy certain titles.

Yeah for an arm & a leg price

MetalAlien

Banned
VALIS said:
Isn't it? I think I'm gonna do the same with the Nintendo and MS conferences tomorrow - not watch, just follow along on GAF.

OMG DULL
THE WORST CONFERENCE EVER
I'M TURNING IN MY SONY JACKET
WOW THAT LOOKS AWESOME!!!
HAHA MICROTRANSACTIONS
YOU'RE KILLING ME SONY
HEY THIS GAME LOOKS GOOD

:lol :lol Fucking spazzes.

I know, I thought the mods were very pro sony... no banning? :lol

This Naughty Dog game looks great, but not too good to be realtime. :D

Oh shit, it's Resistance. Hopefully it looks better than it did last time... yeah, this looks pretty sweet, though I really need to see higher-quality video.

OH GOD KONAMI WHO THE FUCK ASKED FOR A CODED ARMS SEQUEL

I feel like I'm literally just seeing stuff I've already seen on PC last year.

Is anybody more impressed with this than Okami? I'm amazed at how much shit is going on, but come on...it's boring.

djtiesto

is beloved, despite what anyone might say
Oh boy, its a WWII FPS... except it takes place in a reality where WWII never happened :p

So far the most interesting looking game is Afrika.

lancubap

6:07pm: Resistance from Insomniac Games is shown, and played live for the crowd. Looking good, kinda like Black but a bit more intense. 32 players can go at it online, and it will be playable at E3.

EekTheKat

Whoa...that little spider thing just punched a hole in some dude's head :lol

There's a SHITLOAD of stuff happening at once in that insomniac demo.

Gawaian

Tellaerin said:

:lol :lol :lol Wow, some of the reactions here are awesome, better than the actual conference I'd dare say.

Top Bottom