• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sony Interactive Entertainment announces full TGS 2024 lineup, schedule

Draugoth

Gold Member
TGS-2024_09-19-24-1024x576.jpg

via Gematsu

Following a preliminary announcement in August, Sony Interactive Entertainment has announced its full games lineup and stage schedule for Tokyo Game Show 2024, which will run from September 26 to 29 at Makuhari Messe in Chiba, Japan.

Get the details below.

■ Playable Games Lineup
■ Stage Schedule
September 26

• 13:00 to 13:40 – ASTRO BOT PLAY! (Sony Interactive Entertainment) (YouTube)
  • 15:00 to 15:40 – Let’s Play Indie Games with Shuhei Yoshida! (Sony Interactive Entertainment) (YouTube)
September 28
  • 10:30 to 11:10 – Silent Hill 2 (Konami) (YouTube)
  • 14:30 to 15:10 – Dragon Ball: Sparking! ZERO (Bandai Namco) (YouTube)
  • 16:00 to 16:40 – Metaphor: ReFantazio (ATLUS) (YouTube)
September 29
  • 10:30 to 11:30 – PlayStation Presents Death Stranding 2: On the Beach Special Stage (Sony Interactive Entertainment) (YouTube) – Kojima Productions will host a panel discussion on Death Stranding 2: On the Beach for PlayStation 5. Visionary game creator Hideo Kojima, and Daichi Miura, singer-songwriter and official supporter of Tokyo Game Show 2024, will be joined by a number of guests, including Nicolas Winding Refn, to discuss the upcoming title. Attendees will be given a front row seat to the latest update in the development of Death Stranding 2: On the Beach. Featuring Hideo Kojima, Daichi Miura, Kenjiro Tsuda, Nana Mizuki, Tomokazu Sugita, Shion Wakayama, and Nicolas Winding Refn.
  • 12:00 to 12:40 – Monster Hunter Wilds (Capcom) (YouTube)
  • 15:00 to 15:40 – Dynasty Warriors: Origins (Koei Tecmo) (YouTube)

Last edited:

Kuranghi

Excited to see more of MGSD and Death Stranding 2 for the visuals mostly, I still never settled into Death Stranding yet but I enjoyed what I played of it.

Neva as well since I really loved Gris. Maybe the best stuff will be the unannounced indie games.

I still don't understand what Infinity Nikki is all about, seems jolly af though.

Last edited:

nial

There are two SIEI games coming soon missing from the lineup; Until Dawn and LEGO Horizon Adventures (and before you ask, yes, their Western games have always been exhibited at these TGS events).
The *actual* full lineup should come after the State of Play.
Between the Snake Eater Remake and DS2, Sonys TGS lineup is damn near 20% Kojima! Too bad they're not showing PHYSINT!
KPCL isn't working on Physint until it's done with DS2.

KrisB

Looking good! Excited to see more MGS and DS2. Capcom have been showing off a lot of Monster Hunter but keen to see more.

Will be interesting to see what the unannounced Sega/Atlus titles end up being.

AmuroChan

Sounds like they won't be showing many games for Pro, which is asanine considering all anyone wants is for Sony to show off what the damn thing will do ....i swear Sony doesn't seem to get it anymore.

It's TGS. Nobody is buying the Pro in Japan. If they're going to show anything on the Pro, it's going to be at the SoP later this month.

Bitstream

Think we will get a side by side comparision of DS2 running on normal and pro?
more likely they'll demo it on the PS5 Pro to show it in the best possible light moving forward. Don't think we'll see A/B comparisons in promo material for new games because it will make the shortcomings of the base model more apparent.

nial

Sounds like they won't be showing many games for Pro, which is asanine considering all anyone wants is for Sony to show off what the damn thing will do ....i swear Sony doesn't seem to get it anymore.
It's TGS. Nobody is buying the Pro in Japan. If they're going to show anything on the Pro, it's going to be at the SoP later this month.
PS5 Pro will be there with Gran Turismo 7 and Final Fantasy VII Rebirth.

Last edited:

ShirAhava

Plays with kids toys, in the adult gaming world
Other than MGS....Dynasty Warriors is the most exciting thing for me on that list ...thats not good

AmuroChan

Mayhe we could have gotten MGS Delta or MHW2, but those games are honestly enough. No one is dying to see DQ3 running there.

That's why I said it doesn't matter for TGS. The Pro isn't going to sell much in Japan anyway. The games that will show off the Pro will be at the SoP later this month.

I'd like to see more Delta characters design revealed.

Although I'm interested in Wilds or Metaphor I've already seen enough.

Last edited:
Top Bottom