• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sound Shapes |OT| A Game For Vita (and PS3)

Skyzard

Banned
Nope :/

A sound shapes icon appeared last week in the 'latest' list but with no content - still nothing there..

-edit, just about to go on a trip, downloaded 15 lbp levels to play on the plane....would have been nice to take some of those awesome Sound Shape community levels with me too.

pargonta

Picked up the free curves and the acoustic pack. acoustic pack is... alright. some of the sounds are too similar to stuff already in the game, but it was a good incentive to jump back in.

churned out a new level but apparently it's too hard, of the handful of plays nobody has finished it. i'm proud of the level design though, so i'm not quite seeing the unfair difficulty. give it a go if you wish, let me know if something's wrong. http://www.soundshapesgame.com/level/Pgrurs1u

this game is definitely a favorite this year for me. when i say game, i really just mean the editor. i've gotten burned out off and on, but the hours just fly by it's ridiculous

Number45

^^ queued, will check it out a bit later if I get the chance.

EDIT: Actually, as we don't have the DLC in the EU will I be able to play?

Number45

It works fine without the DLC having been bought. Your level is amazing, and fucking impossible.

Finished it with 36/40 coins, in 32:35.20! Many deaths were experienced.

pargonta

It works fine without the DLC having been bought. Your level is amazing, and fucking impossible.
Finished it with 36/40 coins, in 32:35.20! Many deaths were experienced.

haha, yeah it might be a bit too much, glad you liked it though, and glad it's finishable. good to know about dlc, that wouldve been poor form were it locked.

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
haha, yeah it might be a bit too much, glad you liked it though, and glad it's finishable. good to know about dlc, that wouldve been poor form were it locked.

Just tried your level as well, and holy fuckballs was it hard. Liked your design idea for these challenges actually though. Dont think you should make it easier. Wasnt in the mood now after that laserbeam grilled me 7 times, but I'll try to tackle it again.

Skyzard

Banned
Thanks for the free pack, pretty awesome (freebies)!

Are you guys considering to make community levels available for offline play? It's useful with a portable...the vita version is fantastic and all.

Excellent. I'll download it tonight and make some levels during my disconnection from the internet in Colorado! It'll be a nice companion to coding!

I love this game so much but have no skills as a creator... I wanted so much for SP DLC to take off for it; just imagine playing new packs themed around new music. My mind explodes thinking of things like Go Team! songs in this. Sigh.

KalBalboa

Banned
I bought once of the DLC packs and quickly grabbed the rest. I love those puzzles & trophies.

Anyone make anything good with the DLC packs?

J

Jotamide

Unconfirmed Member
Today I played the demo. This game is basically NightSky with techno music and nice graphics. Don't get me wrong, it's really good. Although, I'm finding it hard to pull the trigger when I already have a game that is so similar.

Grinchy

Banned
Wow the first level (after the tutorial level) for the car is awesome. The car is fun to use and visually, the level is so intricate. I wonder how long it took to actually design these levels.

posted this in the dlc thread too but might get a better answer here. just downloaded this for the first time and it updated with a 284mb (or so) patch. upon starting the game it now freezes, getting past the company splash screens and sticking on a black screen. can't access the xmb either, having to resort to restarting the console.
any idea what's up or how to fix it? shall i just redownload the whole thing?

Labadal

posted this in the dlc thread too but might get a better answer here. just downloaded this for the first time and it updated with a 284mb (or so) patch. upon starting the game it now freezes, getting past the company splash screens and sticking on a black screen. can't access the xmb either, having to resort to restarting the console.
any idea what's up or how to fix it? shall i just redownload the whole thing?

I'd redownload, yes.

Iacobellis

Are the servers being flaky for anyone else? I can cloud sync on my Vita but not my PS4. Trying to unlock an extra Trophy shouldn't be this difficult.

KalBalboa

Banned
Are the servers being flaky for anyone else? I can cloud sync on my Vita but not my PS4. Trying to unlock an extra Trophy shouldn't be this difficult.

Not for me.

I downloaded my copy to PS4, synced with the server, and all my trophies popped aok. Wound up getting another platinum!

mstevens

Death mode is so frustrating! I've been banging my head against Event Horizon 1 for two days now and I just had one left and was an inch away... Too slow.

Edit: Just got it with 6.4 seconds left!! I hate this mode but what a rush when you get it!

Reckoner

Bought this game a while ago but just gave it attention recently, with the purchase of a Ps4. I'm having now lots of fun with the platforming, very similar to Mutant Blobs, and it can be challenging at times.

Right now I'm one level away from finishing the Death Mode. The only downside of it is that it can be challenging, but it seems to be random. Every time I die those circles to catch spawn in different locations and sometimes the layout can be easier than what it is supposed to be. I think the most difficult level for me was Event Horizon #2. I got stuck there for half an hour.

Number45

Yeah, the sequences are randomly generated. Means you can bang your head against the wall for ages and all of a sudden get a map that's relatively easy.

Loved it despite that, personally.

KalBalboa

Banned
Loving the new DLC. Just beat the Beat School challenges and remote played over to my PS4 in the living room to sync my saves from my bedroom.

Number45

http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2014/10/14/sound-shapes-ultimate-bundle-new-dlc-update-detailed/

Even more DLC and a new ultimate bundle for anyone that hasn't picked it up! ^_^

Next Wednesday, 22nd October, we are releasing the Sound Shapes Ultimate Bundle, which includes the game and all of the playable add-on content, including the new DLC below. And for those of you who already own the game, there’s also an Add-On bundle that includes all of the DLC.

Lizzywanders Art Pack (€0.99/£0.79)
This pack features original artwork by Dutch artist Liselore Goedhart. Liselore submitted early concepts for Sound Shapes during the development of the game that we absolutely loved and now we’re very excited to have her art in the game. This pack includes a variety of surfaces and decorations in Liselore’s unique art style for use in the editor.

Future Funk 3000 Sound Pack (€0.99/£0.79)
This pack features a five note/loop set of funky sounds from the future for use in the editor. It also includes five new Beat School lessons and trophies.

We also have two updates to the community that will go live today.

Daily Level
This is a fun daily community level challenge with a fresh leaderboard and new level every day. It’s a great way to discover new community levels and challenge your friends and the rest of the community.

Difficulty Rating
Sound Shapes: Difficulty RatingWith over 30,000 community levels to play, we know it can be a challenge finding the right kind of level to play. If you’re looking for something chilled out and you stumble upon a super hard level, it can be frustrating. We now have a rating system that is dynamic based on average plays & deaths. You’ll find the difficulty rating on the level detail window just under the thumbnail image.

One thing to note is that in order for there to be a rating, a level must have been played at least 10 times. This means that many levels will not having ratings yet. Please be patient with this, as it will evolve over time.

Nice updates. :)

Top Bottom