• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spies v. Mercs online mode to return in SC:Chaos Theory

Ubisoft announced today that Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell Chaos Theory will include the innovative co-operative multiplayer gameplay showcased at E3 2004, as well as the critically-acclaimed, wildly successful adversarial style of gameplay (known as 'versus mode') introduced by Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell Pandora Tomorrow.

http://news.teamxbox.com/xbox/6860/Splinter-Cell-Chaos-Theory-to-Include-Both-Coop-and-Versus-Multiplayer-Modes

"Humiliation Move"
1096304916.jpg

All I can say is hell yes!!

I knew they delayed it to add the vs. mode.

Players will work as teams and will compete against each other as either stealthy, third-person Shadow Net Spies with specific stealth objectives, or heavily armed, first-person Argus Mercenaries charged with protecting their compounds.

In several completely new levels, players will have at their disposal a host of new cooperative maneuvers and interactions, gadgets and weapons, hand-to-hand combat actions, additional ways to taunt adversaries, and two game modes (see below). With destructible items, integrated climate affects that directly impact gameplay and totally redesigned visuals which to improve accessibility and immersion, the adversarial gameplay will make Tom Clancy’s Splinter Cell Chaos Theory the most diverse and immersive multiplayer game on the market.

Not sure if my link works, but its from TXB.

epmode

goty. seriously.

i hate throwing buzzwords around, but pandora tomorrow's multiplayer is one of the most Innovative gaming experiences i've had in years. i was worried that the sequel would drop it in favor of the co-op mode.

Brandon F

Well congratulations! You got yourself caught!
Strange, I thought it was always implied this game would include the multiplayer modes from Pandora. Weird...

Well, EGM said that it was included a while back. Then it was confirmed that it wasn't included. I figure there was enough backlash that they decided to add it afterall. Thus, necessitating the delay to March.

aerofx

Oh, so if the game shipped December then the Multiplayer vs mode would've been left out? Not cool. I wouldn't have bought it.

Top Bottom