• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spike VGX 2013 |OT| DON'T BE CRANKY [Over]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Given the quality of this show I wouldn't be surprised if Joel is acting this terribly due to some behind the scenes lack-of-organization shit, or something.

ArjanN

I see a lot of people are angry over my comments. My point still stands, this game is not worth the 3.3 million in funding it received.

I see you also most likely invested into this game. Whatever it takes for you to justify your backing.

I'm sorry for your loss.

Not really though.

Everyone, look at this man and laugh.

Crayolan

GymgC1q.png

Dew you think this is a joke?

Ithil

People are nonstop insulting the show and calling it an embarrassment (and it's not very good, no) but are still getting angry over any of the award choices?

D

Deleted member 22576

Unconfirmed Member
This is great! Geoff and Joey need to be cops together.

EW its GoT.

Gen X

Trust no one. Eat steaks.
I can't imagine how painful this show would be without Joel McHale. The fact he doesn't always read off the teleprompter and just says what pops in his head is refreshing than the usual PR drivel .

And The Division looks technically awesome, but where's the gameplay?

The Cowboy

OK I'm getting converted just to see Geoff's face every time, screw the games and the awards - give me 3 hours of Geoff looking at Joel.

So, who is taking responsibility for hiring McHale for this?

Also, maybe Geoff will learn how to make a decent show one of these days. We are here Geoff, you have an account. Trust me, GAF can give you better ideas than.....whatever this abortion is.

I don't blame Keighley for this, he strikes me as a talented, passionate gamer doing the best he can with frickin SpikeTV.

Honestly felt bad for him with the way he reacted to McHale's jacket comment, lol.

I Wanna Be The Guy

U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!
Fuck you. Just because a game sells a shit ton of copies doesn't mean it's supposed to be a great game. If it was, Call of Duty would win GOTY year in and year out. I enjoyed the game. A lot. GTA V was GREAT. People reviewed it well, and it deserved every one of those ratings.

But The Last of Us was a MASTERPIECE. It was the only game with an ending that could make me cry. I will play this game for so long or at least until the PS5 comes out. I'm just disappointed that people keep crying out for new IPs and now that they get one, they still choose the same old formula. Awards should be decided on CONTENT, not Metacritic rating, troll.

Then how the fuck are you so pissed off at it winning GOTY? GTA V wasn't a masterpiece too? It's not the new benchmark for open world games? It didn't raise the bar? Of course it did. You basically admitted it did by saying it deserved the reviews. Yet you're pissed off because a game you like better didn't win? What, TLOU should win just because it's a new IP? They gave GOTY to a fantastic game that got universal praise. How anyone could be pissed off about that just because their personal favourite didn't win is just....ugh. And I'm the troll? Holy shit GAF. Wow.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom