• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spike VGX 2013 |OT| DON'T BE CRANKY [Over]

Status
Not open for further replies.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
So was this entire thing a blow out thus far or what? Can't think of an announcement of a new game tonight I care for.

Sorian

Banned
I don't blame Keighley for this, he strikes me as a talented, passionate gamer doing the best he can with frickin SpikeTV.

Honestly felt bad for him with the way he reacted to McHale's jacket comment, lol.

I will preface this with two things. I think Keighley is a great guy and I'm not watching this, I'm just watching the GAF reactions. My understanding, however, is that Keighley was allowed more "control" over this because it was taking up spike tv's time slot (cause, you know, we need that time to air re-runs of cops). This.....thing that has been airing sounds like shit. It's an awards show, just do it that way. Present some awards, lets people talk about their love of games. Don't bring in a hostile host and make everyone watching feel awkward.

Fistwell

Even Cliffy B can't stand Joel:

oKVDwV1.jpg
well then, joel must be doing something right

GetemMa

Wow, Telltale's doing a lot of series at the same time.

Well there is no actual game design going on soooo.......

Probably doesn't take that much time to animate cut scenes and record dialogue.

Southpark guys get a show animated in 7 days or less.

Gone Home got best Indie game? Ugh

At least we got Game of Thrones from Telltale. Have fun Telltale with your 4 unfinished series. So last Episode for TWD Season 2 gets out in 2015 right?

Yards

Banned
The fact that they're still working out the main characters yet expect to release in 2014 makes it look like it's cheap and easy to produce these kinds of games, which is probably true.

This is what we have left to go:

Zombies infect VGX – See if you can survive this demo of Dying Light.
VGX welcomes PEWDIEPEW – One of YouTube’s biggest names visits VGX.
Thief steals the show – Get an exclusive world premiere for the latest entry in this beloved franchise.
You choose the award – We’re revealing the winner of either Best Shooter or Studio of the Year categories. You tell us which you want to see.
We name the character of the year – You voted, now find out who you chose as your Character of the Year.
Another awesome world premiere – We’ve got some of this year’s biggest trailers – only at VGX.
One final VGX award – You decide which award you want to see handed out.
Titanfall world premiere – VGX welcomes Respawn Entertainment’s Vince Zampella for an exclusive look at one of next year’s biggest games.
Rockstar rocks the house – An exclusive one night only performance of the music of Grand Theft Auto V

JB2448

I hope Telltale can handle of their workload. I'm looking forward to their Game of Thrones series. I hope what I'm typing makes sense. I believe my brain cells are sizzling out from this show.

I love McHale.

SykoTech

>"The announcement people have been waiting for."

>"Walking Dead Game:Game of Thrones Edition"

Yeah, I'm out. Not gonna waste another hour and 25 minutes watching this. Hopefully a nice Uncharted trailer or something will be waiting for me at 9:00...well, 9:30. Gotta watch One Piece.

fantomena

What? They are making a game from the GoT show, but the director/boss/whatever hasn't seem the show? If you have seen the show, you have seen sex scenes.

dakun

wow Telltale is getting alot of my money recently... well not alot actually because their games are priced so nicely

The Witcher 2 already dealt with choices better than the Walking Dead, Hopefully they can deliver something with this GoT game that is not just a husk of what the Witcher 3 would offer.

Crayolan

Telltale makes a popular show into a game again? Ugh.

Was that the last of the 3 big reveals? Cause they've all been dissapointing.

Ithil

Sounds like they have barely even started pre-production for the game. Like they just got the licence and go-ahead.

Yards

Banned
The fact that they're still working out the main characters yet expect to release in 2014 makes it look like it's cheap and easy to produce these kinds of games, which is probably true.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom