• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Splinter Cell HD Trilogy |OT| "You bought the wrong collection!"

Aguirre

well i just got this and i got to say i love it. i did have a little trouble installing, nothing serious though. playing through splinter cell 1.

still better than any stealth game today.

Cudder

Beat the original last night. It's definitely the absolute worst of the collection. The framerate, and shitty CG cutscenes/audio problems, and the archaic, clunky as hell gameplay all make it pretty frustrating. I might go for the platinum later down the road.

Started Pandora Tomorrow, and it is much, MUCH better already. Graphics are a lot smoother, and the controls and stealth mechanics just play a lot better, and don't equal as much frustration as the original. This is complete nostalgia for me, I must've played this game 10x on the PS2 back in the day.

I can't wait to jump into Chaos Theory after this. I played the Lighthouse mission to tease me, and it looks OMG good.

Weeee!!!!

Angry Fork

Has there been any updates on whether or not this is getting a y-axis invert patch? I can't play games without it it's too hard to get used to the normal one. I really want this collection as I love Splinter Cell but it would be unplayable for me without invert controls.

Angry Fork said:
Has there been any updates on whether or not this is getting a y-axis invert patch? I can't play games without it it's too hard to get used to the normal one. I really want this collection as I love Splinter Cell but it would be unplayable for me without invert controls.
i'd like to know too.

CorrisD

badchoiceboobies
According to Joystiq the PSN versions have been patched with the retail versions getting it soon.

I think I will stick it on my Christmas list now, not having inverted controls was really the deal braker for me, it would have been a nightmare to play.

Gen X

Trust no one. Eat steaks.
Nearly picked this up yesterday after spying the other SC6 thread. Loved the original Triology but remembered reading about some issues posted here in this thread so I renagged. Had a look at Gamerankings for scores, reviews seem to be less than favourable.

What's the deal Gaf? If you loved the original Xbox/PC versions, is this good or a bit of a shambles?

hao chi

I'm guessing the answer is no, but can anyone tell me if this includes the PS2 exclusive level and the Xbox DLC levels from the first Splinter Cell?

Returners

I'm guessing the answer is no, but can anyone tell me if this includes the PS2 exclusive level and the Xbox DLC levels from the first Splinter Cell?

No it doesn't. Bummer, cause the DLC levels linked the 1st game to CT (vaguely).

Finished the first game, still loved it and had fond memories. Very faithful port of the first game.

Then I started Pandora Tomorrow...

What the heck did they do?! They made the equipment menu look 16-bit! The original had waaay better menus than this.

Funny that they removed all references of "Sony Ericsson" in this game even though the cellphones clearly resembles their models.

Still, it has IMO the best level in a Splinter Cell game, the TRAIN level. Still amazing.

Looking forward to playing CT, its been too long.

Cudder

funny this thread should get bumped, as I started playing this again too.

I didn't get much time to play these games when the collection released because of the onslaught of fall games, but I beat the first SC, half way through Pandora Tomorrow, and I just said eff it and started CT recently as well. It's great for me because I only had a PS2 last gen so I only got to experience that version. I remember being so addicted to seeing new media on Chaos Theory for Xbox, it blew my mind at the time.

Still, CT is so polished and well done, I love it.

Gen X

Trust no one. Eat steaks.
Funny that they removed all references of "Sony Ericsson" in this game even though the cellphones clearly resembles their models.

Maybe because the phones are 8yrs old now and don't want newcomers to the series thinking these are the latest Sony phones. =D

Returners

Maybe because the phones are 8yrs old now and don't want newcomers to the series thinking these are the latest Sony phones. =D

Haha yeah I know. But even then, they were part of the game. SC1 had the Palm device, PT had the Sony Ericsson's.

I challenge you. The Bank level in CT is the best Splinter Cell level of all time.

Uh uh. I like my stealth with a side of action, when I found out I was going to be under over and beside the train I went HOLY SHIT. And the first time a train rushed by. Wow.

Returners

Finished Pandora Tomorrow. This is really a crappy port.

Example: TV station
The lightning is supposed to expose you all the way and blind you in night vision. I was actually dreading playing this level because I remembered having a hard time getting blinded and being exposed periodically in the lightning.

The port kept the sound, but none of the light. It is there, but it doesn't move the light sensor all the way to the right anymore (just a little past the first bar) so any guards looking in your direction doesn't suspect anything.

*smh*

Hope Chaos Theory pans out better.

BibiMaghoo

I purchased chaos theory from the store as it's in the sale. I'm pretty mad at this point, as the game has seious issues with installation. It gets 'stuck' at 94%. An hour later and it's still only at 96%.

Having googled it, this seems to be a common problem, and some have stated the install can take up to 7 hours to complete. That is completely ridiculous. Having checked around Sony have offered no explanation for this, nor have they bothered to fix it since release.

And yes, Iismad.gif. I would like to use my PS3 today.

Edit: finished now, took 2 hours for a 5Gb game.

Calm Killer

In all media, only true fans who consume every book, film, game, or pog collection deserve to know what's going on.
Ps3 only or can I get this on 360?

Sorry to bump this but i downloaded Chaos Theory last night, tried to install it. It got stuck at %95 so i had to reset the console. So the data got corrupted, tried deleting. Got stuck again. HDD got fucked up, tried to restore, didnt work. Had to format and lost all my saves (5+years worth of saves) my PS3' s 500 GB HDD because of the motherfucking monkeys ported this shit. Congrats UBISOFT, congrats to the MONKEYS who ported this.

Sorry to bump... I still love Chaos Theory...

Edit: Great, now stuck at 93 percent.

I'm thinking about buying a used PS3 to play these games again. I have them all on Xbox OG, but my TV doesn't work well with my Xbox and I would love to get some trophies. Does this game still have major problems or should I go ahead?

I'm thinking about buying a used PS3 to play these games again. I have them all on Xbox OG, but my TV doesn't work well with my Xbox and I would love to get some trophies. Does this game still have major problems or should I go ahead?

I found this thread through a Google search. Bought it at the $3 price or whatever from the PSN store a few days ago. I can't get past this loading screen at all. Sale's over anyway but don't even bother.

Top Bottom