• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Splitgate 2 announced for PS5, Xbox Series, PS4, Xbox One, and PC

BigLee74

The first one was definitely fun, but…

…the portal manipulation really favoured the precision and many buttons of keyboard and mouse.

Crossplay with friends on the PC was a chastening experience.

Men_in_Boxes

Snake Oil Salesman
I’m sorry but the way they just completely dropped support the first game turns me off any project they work on completely.

Also ^ that purple haired cuckold :messenger_tears_of_joy:
Didn't they drop support well after the player base left? That game turned into a ghost town after about a 6 week bubble period.

Redneckerz

Those long posts don't cover that red neck boy
Not to me, and other studios doing amazing things with similar resource is relevant.
Name them. Preferably games in a similar vein as Splitgate 2.

Good thing its f2p.

Likely gonna be like Concord, UE5 but without Nanite/Lumen.
I reckon. However one could always hope that PS4 Pro/One X get a soft-Lumen implementation ala Crysis Remastered.

Hope DF covers this one. Also amazing that 11 year old hardware gets these kinds of games still and on UE5 to boot.
Please don’t be a hero shooter.
It never was a hero shooter to begin with.

Rockondevil

I probably only played 20 or so matches of the original and I didn't mind it. I could see myself potentially played a 2 if it warranted it.

Banjo64

cumsessed
Sorry i am not on GAF 24/7 like you do, and your example isnt in the same genre.

Numnuts.

I actually spend 4 hours a day wanking as well.

So 2 small teams with similar resources making live service games that span multiple consoles and PC isn’t a valid comparison because they aren’t both FPS games?

Dummy Feeling Dumb GIF

Redneckerz

So 2 small teams with similar resources making live service games that span multiple consoles and PC isn’t a valid comparison because they aren’t both FPS games?

Dummy Feeling Dumb GIF
Yep. That's where the Preferably games in a similar vein as Splitgate 2. came from.

Ufff
Based on that pic this went from Halo with portals to Sweet Baby inc with portals
Two white guys and one black girl featured in a trailer, and one of the guys has colorful hair while playing a future combat sport.

I think some of you are starting to become hammers that need to stop seeing everything as a nail. This is not Concord, and I don't think you do your arguments any favors when some of you are jumping to conclusions like this. The colorful arena look was a part of the first game as well.

MiguelItUp

Splitgate was definitely fun for a bit, this gameplay is showing a better experience throughout while looking better visually. Nice! Hopefully they nail everything.

Redneckerz

No need that my post continued to live rent-free in your head, but low user numbers don't mean the game is a hero shooter.

The original was Portal with Guns, if they now added classes, well that's on them. Ill try it out when it launches since its F2P anyway.

Disclaimer: Didn't watch your video
Second disclaimer: I am not as stoked as you think i am.

stickkidsam

No need that my post continued to live rent-free in your head, but low user numbers don't mean the game is a hero shooter.

The original was Portal with Guns, if they now added classes, well that's on them. Ill try it out when it launches since its F2P anyway.

Don’t try to hide it. You’re crying harder than a prom night dumpster baby this very minute.

Season 3 Victory Dance GIF by Friends

Loved the first one. Got all the achievements including 1047 wins. Only reason I stopped playing was low numbers in my region, and most lobbies were half full with bots.
Tried the alpha test for this over the weekend and have to say I'm not that impressed. The whole faction thing with different abilities just doesn't work for me. The first game was an arena shooter, run around pick up weapons around the map and kill people. Everyone was equal. It was a team game but it didn't play like one. This whole ability thing is not Splitgate honestly. Will keep an eye on it but what I've played just didn't feel great like the first game.

Last edited:
What I'm hearing about the Alpha:

+Halo-style gunplay feel
+Faster skill-based movement
+Good clarity on art style
+Good map design
+Good hitregister
+Good latency
+SBMM

-Mixed reception on Portal wall placements
-Mixed reception on Hero abilities

If they can fix the last two before beta or release, then they can at least hold a small dedicated community of past players and new players. I am not expecting big numbers for this game. If anything, GAF thread creators most likely going to post titles with it being seen as a failure, even if it holds a decent 20k people on multiple platforms (If we consider Steam/Console/etc). I just want it to at least survive and be playable with a smaller playerbase. Any additions to help it grow are welcome.

Personally I'd want them to dial back the abilities a bit and make them feel more like Halo: Reach which I consider to be Hero Shooter-lite.

If this dies, there is nothing left for fans of Halo-style multiplayer gameplay, except for a slowly dying Infinite/MCC fanbase.

Redneckerz

Well you’re no fun.
Just seems strange to me you return to the thread with a gotcha when there isnt one. My response was a honest one, which you didnt address in a meaningful manner, unless you feel your attempt at trolling was one.

So what you want?

+Halo-style gunplay feel
+Faster skill-based movement
+Good clarity on art style
+Good map design
+Good hitregister
+Good latency
These were all the good things about the first game. And your negative points weren't. That's what made it so fun to play. So basically we just wanted the first game without the stupid faction/ability thing they have going on with the sequel.

Another generic colorfull shitty game? Give me a break!
Another generic shitty comment. Give us a break!

Last edited:

stickkidsam

Just seems strange to me you return to the thread with a gotcha when there isnt one. My response was a honest one, which you didnt address in a meaningful manner, unless you feel your attempt at trolling was one.

So what you want?
The gotcha was just me playin. I mean c’mon I used Anakin Skywalker :p

Your response ignored my video and implied I let ya live in my head. Without paying rent of all things! I don’t even get to do that.

Here 🤝

The video shows that the game takes elements from Hero shooters, which is what I was worried about. Ironically the class that uses portals is so good it makes the other classes redundant. So that sucks. In the same way Halo’s abilities work better as on map pick ups, I think SplitGate would benefit from that design.

I’ll still try it out but it’ll suck if this game flops from chasing trends.

Disclaimer: <3
Second Disclaimer: Same

Top Bottom