• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spotting Gamespot: Tor Thorsen strikes back HARD at Xbox owning Burnout 3 fans

Gerber

Banned
Below is the headline that everyone can see at Gamespot's frontpage. But those who actually take the time to click and read the article find a different story.

PS2 Burnout 3 to feature Need for Speed Underground 2 demo

Electronic Arts will piggyback a sample of its flagship street racer with its new asphalt daredevil game--and vice versa.

Figuring one fiery car crash deserves another, Electronic Arts announced it will include a demo of Need for Speed Underground 2 with Burnout 3: Takedown. The latter game, which was acquired earlier this year by EA, will ship September 8 for the PlayStation 2 and the Xbox.

In addition to this synergistic cross-pollination, EA will include a Burnout 3 demo with Need for Speed Underground 2 when it ships in November. Both the Xbox and PlayStation 2 versions of NFSU2--which is the sequel to one of the best-selling games of all time--will include the demo. The PC, GameCube, and Game Boy Advance editions will not have the demo.

For more on Burnout 3 and Need for Speed Underground 2, check out our recent feature previews for both games.

By Tor Thorsen -- GameSpot
POSTED: 08/26/04 03:55 PM PST

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Hawksley

Did you read it? You get a demo of NFSU2 with your purchase of Burnout 3 PS2, and you get a demo of Burnout 3 with your purchase of NFSU2 PS2 or XBX. Show me the lie.

IJoel

ConspiracyTheory.jpg

Gerber

Banned
Do I really have to explain it? They promote that only the PS2 is getting the NFSU2 demo while if you read the actual article it states that both versions are getting the demo.

You clearly are not reading that correctly. Though admittedly, it is poorly written.

Burnout 3 for PS2 will include the NFSU2 demo. NFSU2 for PS2 and Xbox will have a demo for Burnout 3.

Hawksley

Gerber said:
Do I really have to explain it? They promote that only the PS2 is getting the NFSU2 demo while if you read the actual article it states that both versions are getting the demo.

No, don't explain it. READ IT.

Buy Burnout 3 (PS2)
Get Need for Speed Underground 2 Demo

Buy Need for Speed Underground 2 (PS2 or XBX)
Get Burnout 3 Demo

Gerber

Banned
Miburou said:
Nowhere does it say that the Xbox version of Burnout 3 will feature a NFSU2 demo.

Nowehere in the artciel does it say that only the PS2 is getting a demo. I'll bet my account that the Xbox version also includes the demo.

Hawksley

Gerber said:
I'll bet my account that the Xbox version also includes the demo.

We'll collect your account now and hold on to it for you, then give it back if the XBoX version includes the demo. If we remember.

Kon Tiki

Banned
Gamespot is like one of those 3d eye puzzles. At first you do not see the sony biased, but if you look hard enough it is there.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
Gerber said:
Nowehere in the artciel does it say that only the PS2 is getting a demo. I'll bet my account that the Xbox version also includes the demo.

I'll take that bet and then some. Only the PS2 version of Burnout 3 gets the NFS:U2 demo. But both the Xbox and PS2 versions NFSU2 have a Bunrout 3 demo.

Bye

open_mouth_

insert_foot_
This is one of the worst threads in recent memory. Now granted my memory ain't too great, but still, this thread sucks balls. Next time you're gonna post something like this, just stop and think for a second before you click "Submit New Thread".

Seriously, move your mouse away from the button...very slowly.

Spike

Gerber said:

Seriously, between this and the MP bundle thread, you really need to learn to understand what you read. Reading and understanding something >>> reading.

Gerber

Banned
Hello, I am extremly interested in buying Burnout 3 for my Xbox, but I recently heard that the PS2 would be getting a demo of Need for Speed Underground 2 on it's game disk. I'm not not sure which to buy, please clear this up for me, is the Xbox version also getting the NFSU2 demo? Thank you!

-Smapty

Smapty lives and I will be redeemed. :)

Top Bottom