• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring 2011 Anime Thread of ZAWA ZAWA, Money, emo Cyclops, and fun^10xint^40=Ir2

Status
Not open for further replies.

LegatoB

This has nothing to do with the Spring 2011 TV anime season, but I just saw something better, and I have to taunt duckroll in yet another venue.

Takeshi Koike's REDLINE!

This movie is life-changing. It is everything you have heard and more. If you don't leave the theater with your mouth sore from 100 straight minutes of grinning and cackling, you might as well go jump into traffic right then and there. ALL PRAISE MADHOUSE

duckroll

Redline is probably overrated garbage. If not for that pretentious bombastic movie, Koike would probably have been able to direct Iron Man, and it wouldn't have sucked. Who cares about dumb racing anime anyway?

Fuck you BotageL! I will KILL you!!!!!!!!!! loooooooool! :(

mAcOdIn

A Black Falcon said:
You haven't watched Kanon? Or did you not dislike it?
Haven't seen it, it's not like after Clannad, which wasn't terrible but nothing great either, that I felt some impetus to go out and seek all of their back catalog.
A Black Falcon said:
But lots of stuff was going on, having recaps helps when you've got a complex show with a lot going on... sure, sometimes they might be a little annoying, but not always. I don't remember having a problem with them in Last Exile.
But Last Exile wasn't really complex or had a lot going on. I dunno, I guess I have a hard time believing that someone who'd put forth the effort and time to watch Last Exile, which I'd put as somewhere around the teen level of my made up on the spot recommended viewing age scale, would at the same time lack the facilities to properly keep up with it, I figured those people would have been watching Air Master that season.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hurry up and finish 12 Kingdoms instead of looking for a new harem show!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
And congrats for the thread going in a direction not even I dare venture towards, luckily it's settled back down.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
Slam Dunk 30: Why the fuck would you let this fucker play when he doesn't even know the rules of the game?

Coach Anzai is a stupid motherfucker.

Geneijin

Lain said:
I didn't want to join a side, but this just forces me to pick the Iroha side.
I would use it as a ringtone somehow if I could find it at a decent quality. No lie.

A Black Falcon said:
What kind of harem show is it? Anything worth watching about it at all?
MC moves back to a village with his little brother where he spent his childhood. Has memories of a girl he promised to be friends with forever during the train ride there. Accidentally kisses a girl and the very girl he made that childhood promise to witnesses this although they don't know of each others' identity yet in Episode 1. Little brother is more moe than the heroines. Nothing noteworthy besides that except the few penis size jokes ever so slightly. It's a harem anime by the textbook.

Jex

flawfuls said:
We may need an OT2 just for spring. :lol
That's nuts.
jman2050 said:
God I always planned on staying away from /a/ and then Madoka happened and then I was linked to their Madoka threads and now I can't stop oh god help me someone please.
You should probably just turn off your computer if you can't resist such powerful urges.
trejo said:
Yeah I still can't figure out what's going on there.
All I can see are stars....
duckroll said:
It's not another word for gore, it's another word for gross. That's the root of your misunderstanding. The actual act of violence has nothing to do with it, but rather what is graphically depicted. The detailed sight of guts and shit lying on the ground is not just "gore" anymore. It's just sick shit.
Mhm, delightful.
LegatoB said:
Takeshi Koike's REDLINE!

This movie is life-changing. It is everything you have heard and more. If you don't leave the theater with your mouth sore from 100 straight minutes of grinning and cackling, you might as well go jump into traffic right then and there. ALL PRAISE MADHOUSE
How about you just shut your mouth :(
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Yozakura Quartet: Hoshi no Umi 2

I have no idea what's going on or who the character are but damn if the animation isn't pretty!

Deadman Wonderland 1

Yep, this is dumb. First 2 minutes weren't bad and could have been a nice setup for something, but then the massacre happens and everything goes down the toilet. This justice system is beyond Phoenix Wright levels of retarded. The only piece of evidence is this obviously faked video with Ganta totally out-of-character and suddenly that's enough not only to make all his classmates' parents want to beat him to a pulp (what about his own parents?) but also sentence him to death? Wouldn't you at the very least need to provide a reasonable explanation for what sort of weapon he could have used to cause that damage? And what are they doing sentencing a middle school boy to death anyway? Why is the world suddenly out to get him?

Needless to say, I will not be continuing.

hellclerk

Everything is tsundere to me
mAcOdIn said:
Haven't seen it, it's not like after Clannad, which wasn't terrible but nothing great either, that I felt some impetus to go out and seek all of their back catalog.
I've always felt that CLANNAD was the weakest of the Key KyoAni VN adaptations. Sure, it was more focused, but what it focused on was utterly uninteresting and pretty boring. Air (loving a retard and SELLING it) and Kannon (fuck yeah metaphysical bullshit representing their need to overcome emotional hardship!) were both much better I felt and did much better work with making you FEEL for the characters. CLANNAD was basically driven by some girl being intentionally dense and emo to those around her. Sunohara was the best damned thing in that show.

And congrats for the thread going in a direction not even I dare venture towards, luckily it's settled back down.
Yeah, this thread seems to like to skirt with the dark side of the animation frame... I don't mind, as long as it doesn't get into creepy self-pandering and netflirting over that shit.

Dresden

mAcOdIn said:
------------------------------------------------------------------
It's odd, people are talking about anime for some reason.

doomed1 said:
I honestly don't see why, it's just a basic population model as applied to Madoka Magical Girls. It's just someone had too much time on their hands and an ecology book.

The whole foundation is troll physics anyway, so it's not like it matters or anything.

I'm still not sure why you're so ticked off at Madoka's excuse physics, given how fantastical the whole premise is anyway. Would it have made you feel better if instead of entropy they just said the universe needed magic fairy dust instead?

But if you're so into physics, have you seen Noein?

mAcOdIn

doomed1 said:
I've always felt that CLANNAD was the weakest of the Key KyoAni VN adaptations. Sure, it was more focused, but what it focused on was utterly uninteresting and pretty boring. Air (loving a retard and SELLING it) and Kannon (fuck yeah metaphysical bullshit representing their need to overcome emotional hardship!) were both much better I felt and did much better work with making you FEEL for the characters. CLANNAD was basically driven by some girl being intentionally dense and emo to those around her. Sunohara was the best damned thing in that show.
That may be but I still don't see Air or Kannon being something I just need to see so I'm not gonna seek them out.
doomed1 said:
Yeah, this thread seems to like to skirt with the dark side of the animation frame... I don't mind, as long as it doesn't get into creepy self-pandering and netflirting over that shit.
I'm all good until lolis show up.
Dresden said:
It's odd, people are talking about anime for some reason.
Yeah, this thread used to be cool.

[C] The Money of Soul and Possibility Control 1

ok so far nothing much happen yet but it like a two part opening I can see this being good

he so going to try and buy that girl into liking him flashing his cash at her and end up loseing it all

Joe Molotov

trejo said:
Deadman Wonderland 1

10 minutes in and I'm having a hard time suspending my disbelief. For some reason this just comes off as fucking stupid.

I just assumed it was taking place in some bizarro alternate world that wasn't supposed to make any sense and normal rules didn't apply.

like all anime, lol

Uchip

Banned
hosannainexcelsis said:
I'm still not sure why you're so ticked off at Madoka's excuse physics, given how fantastical the whole premise is anyway. Would it have made you feel better if instead of entropy they just said the universe needed magic fairy dust instead?

I dont get what was so horrible about it
his civilization needs magic girls to live
if you're going to argue the implications of that on the heat death (cold death?) of the universe you shouldn't really be watching anime in the first place

Dresden

Tiger&Bunny:

"That doesn't mean I've come to trust you or anything."

Oh, god, don't tell me Kotetsu is the tsundere here. Thankfully the hot producer woman is clearly being won over by his blunt, manly charm.

e: Enjoyable episode overall, complete with the usual bomb-defusing scene with some lampshading tossed in courtesy of Kotetsu.

And I guess Barnaby is on top. Damn it.

Jex

Nichijou 3

It feels like I'm waiting and waiting for the punchline to come, but it never arrives.

Alternatively, I've seen the punchline coming for five minutes.

Either way, this is a weak episode. It's like they don't know what makes something funny.

Lafiel

と呼ぶがよい
Nichijou 3 - Very boring honestly, i loved the first two episodes because they had certain individual scenes that made me go "wow" however there wasn't a single moment like that in this episode, really disappointing.

hellclerk

mAcOdIn said:
That may be but I still don't see Air or Kannon being something I just need to see so I'm not gonna seek them out.
That's fine. Just informing you so that you don't judge Kanon and Air by Clannad's standard.

hosannainexcelsis said:

Actually, yeah, because even if they DID say they wanted to prevent the heat death of the universe, they could just create some arbitrary heat collector device to gather dispersing heat energy for their purposes. A sort of "the universe needs more magical energy" would have been more internally consistent, wouldn't have required a very significant explanation (because a wizard did it), and I feel that Madoka's metaphysical consistency otherwise is pretty solid so it would make sense in the larger universe.

Y'see, that's the difference between metaphysics and science. Metaphysics you can pretty much make up on the fly, even let it contradict itself as long as it's a graceful contradiction. Meanwhile, science is something that's consistent in an external system, and thus when put through its literary paces must match that external system's consistency because that's the system the audience exists in. Madoka fails to do this and thus fails.

And no, I haven't seen Noein, or at least all of it. The animation wasn't very appealing to me and the story sorta dragged. It put me to sleep a couple of times, so I returned the box set to my friend.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
Slam Dunk 32:

nbOHP.jpg

Someone lock him in jail already.

Uchip

Banned
doomed1 said:
science is something that's consistent in an external system, and thus when put through its literary paces must match that external system's consistency because that's the system the audience exists in. Madoka fails to do this and thus fails.

really? do you want to do a critical analysis of Lord of the fucking Rings next?

Jex

doomed1 said:
Y'see, that's the difference between metaphysics and science. Metaphysics you can pretty much make up on the fly, even let it contradict itself as long as it's a graceful contradiction. Meanwhile, science is something that's consistent in an external system, and thus when put through its literary paces must match that external system's consistency because that's the system the audience exists in. Madoka fails to do this and thus fails.
Really anyone defending this is crazy. There was no need to combine real science and magic. It was completely unnecessary and fairly stupid.

Oh well, on to Tiger and Bunny.

mAcOdIn said:
Bah, Kanon's way better than Clannad. You should try it.

But Last Exile wasn't really complex or had a lot going on. I dunno, I guess I have a hard time believing that someone who'd put forth the effort and time to watch Last Exile, which I'd put as somewhere around the teen level of my made up on the spot recommended viewing age scale, would at the same time lack the facilities to properly keep up with it, I figured those people would have been watching Air Master that season.
Why do the previews bother you so much? Is it really such a big deal? I think you're overstating their importance...

Hurry up and finish 12 Kingdoms instead of looking for a new harem show!
I'll watch more of it eventually, I'm not abandoning the show.

doomed1 said:
Yeah, of Key animes, Angel Beats > Kanon > Air > Clannad. Clannad's just not as interesting as the others. Angel Beats and Kanon I really liked, each in their own way. I thought Air wasn't as good as Kanon (a bit too depressing...), but Clannad's weaker than that.

Anime does this to people, I guess... :)

mAcOdIn said:
You should, though. Again, Clannad is not representative of the quality of Air or Kanon (either version).

doomed1 said:
And no, I haven't seen Noein, or at least all of it. The animation wasn't very appealing to me and the story sorta dragged. It put me to sleep a couple of times, so I returned the box set to my friend.
Really? Too bad, I thought Noein was really good... it's one of the better sci-fi animes of its kind, certainly. Good, interesting story, good characters, and more. Sure the story was really complex, thanks to it involving both interdimensional travel AND time travel, but still, very good show.

Dresden

Branduil said:
Did you guys seriously go through 16 pages today?

In before "8 pages durr."
And around half a page was about anime, so it was a good day overall.

---

It looks like Blue Exorcist and Moshidora are the only shows left to air. I should be able to compile a pointless list about what I'm watching and what I dropped then.

hellclerk

A Black Falcon said:
Yeah, of Key animes, Angel Beats > Kanon > Air > Clannad. Clannad's just not as interesting as the others. Angel Beats and Kanon I really liked, each in their own way. I thought Air wasn't as good as Kanon (a bit too depressing...), but Clannad's weaker than that.
I liked how Air ended up NOT having the standard "true love" kind of ending that Kanon had and instead just ended up being about Misuzu
and her slow descent into mental disfunction
. Though Kanon did make me cry
joyful bitch tears
, so it gets points for that. Overall, I like Kanon more, but Air had some fantastic ideas about it. Haven't finished Angel Beats yet, but I wouldn't put it on the same list as the rest. It's just a different kind of show...

Really? Huh, I thought Noein was really good... it's one of the better sci-fi animes of its kind, certainly. Good, interesting story, good characters, and more. Sure the story was really complex, thanks to it involving both interdimensional travel AND time travel, but still, very good show.
Eh, the pacing just didn't really catch me, and inter-dimensional AND time travel is usually a bad idea... Part of why that Star Trek: Enterprise series sucked sometimes.

Uchip said:
really? do you want to do a critical analysis of Lord of the fucking Rings next?
I think you're missing what I'm trying to say...

Instro

A Black Falcon said:

Really? Personally I thought Kanon and Air were worse than both Angel Beats and Clannad. Air should be better but too much of the story is either cut out or just crammed into too few episodes.

mAcOdIn

A Black Falcon said:
Bah, Kanon's way better than Clannad. You should try it.
I'd have to lose a bet or some shit I'm not doing it on my own.
A Black Falcon said:
Why do the previews bother you so much? Is it really such a big deal? I think you're overstating their importance...
Previews aren't recaps! Like I said, get rid of all the recaps in a 26 episode series and you've got another episode or two of time to play with, time that Last Exile's ending could have really used, not that Gonzo would have known what to do with that time anyways but still.
A Black Falcon said:
I'll watch more of it eventually, I'm not abandoning the show.
Good, good, still, hurry up and get to the good Youko.
A Black Falcon said:
Wait, Angel Beats is their high? Their peak? Oh fuck no, not a chance in hell I'm going to watch Kannon then.
A Black Falcon said:
You should, though. Again, Clannad is not representative of the quality of Air or Kanon (either version).
Not after it being stated that Angel Beats was better.

Branduil

Jexhius said:
Deadman Wonderland 1

This opening was kind of...excruciating? I don't know how else to describe it. The set-up/backstory at the start of the episode was one of the hardest pieces of nonsense a show has ever tried to sell me on and at no point did the story even bother to persuade me that it made sense (bar some throwaway dialogue). Perhaps this was the worst part of the episode.

At least it makes all the stuff that comes afterwards seem slightly less awful than it is, even if they are pulling from all the anime tropes they can muster. It's like a fourteen year old's version of what a "badass" story would be.

I'm sure Branduil should experience this masterpiece.
Why is it never a good sign when someone tells me to watch an anime?

Uchip

Banned
doomed1 said:
I think you're missing what I'm trying to say...

no
thing is, you are watching a medium where the human characters eyeballs would be taking up the majority of their cranium, they all act like psychotic outpatients and trolling physics with their every move yet somehow a supernatural cabbit explaining to a little magic girl why hes fucking with them using a twisted version of thermodynamics is somehow effecting your ssupension of disbelief?
to me that just sounds like some kind of pretentious intellectual debauchery that has no place in anime.

Geneijin

JKTrix said:
At least AnoHana actually seems somewhat interesting, even if I'm having a negative reaction to how I feel it's going to try and be emotionally manipulative.
icarus-daedelus said:
It's already gone there, I think, although it wasn't jerking tears too hard yet. It's only episode one, after all!
It already has. Absolutely.

doomed1 said:
I liked how Air ended up NOT having the standard "true love" kind of ending that Kanon had and instead just ended up being about Misuzu
and her slow descent into mental disfunction
. Though Kanon did make me cry
joyful bitch tears
, so it gets points for that. Overall, I like Kanon more, but Air had some fantastic ideas about it. Haven't finished Angel Beats yet, but I wouldn't put it on the same list as the rest. It's just a different kind of show...
I didn't so much mind that
Air didn't have a true love ending, I minded that it was so depressing, all the way to the "Misuzu dies in the end" ending...
and the backstory parts, with that ancient time, are even bleaker. At least in Kanon, even though it gets pretty sad at times, it makes up for it in the end. I liked Kanon's story and characters more, too, endings notwithstanding. Ayu's a good character, uguus or no. :) The others are too, though Makoto's somewhat annoying
until her storyline gets sad
. Still though, Air isn't bad. It has an interesting story with a pretty unique ending for its genre, and some interesting characters as well. That the main character is an itinerant puppeteer of sorts is interesting, he's got to be one of the only such main characters in anime...

Oh, I will agree that Angel Beats is different from the other three. I considered putting it in parenthesis, actually, because it's in a different genre from their other three series, not being a harem series... but because it's also from Key, I decided to just list all of them together.

I do have to admit though, I haven't watched nearly as much of Clannad as I have Kanon or Air. Somehow it's just never grabbed me as much from the beginning...

Eh, the pacing just didn't really catch me, and inter-dimensional AND time travel is usually a bad idea... Part of why that Star Trek: Enterprise series sucked sometimes.
I agree, having both of those things can sometimes be a bad idea, but in Noein's case, it works. The twists and turns of the story, and the different worlds, is both interesting and very well done. Noein's pretty good.

mAcOdIn said:
I'd have to lose a bet or some shit I'm not doing it on my own.
Oh well, but if you do watch it I'd definitely be interested to see if you liked it or not.

Previews aren't recaps! Like I said, get rid of all the recaps in a 26 episode series and you've got another episode or two of time to play with, time that Last Exile's ending could have really used, not that Gonzo would have known what to do with that time anyways but still.
You're just overstating a point that isn't necessarily even bad.

Good, good, still, hurry up and get to the good Youko.
After this sidestory arc it gets to that, right?

Wait, Angel Beats is their high? Their peak? Oh fuck no, not a chance in hell I'm going to watch Kannon then.
Angel Beats was my second favorite anime of 2010, though, after Sora no Woto, remember.

Not after it being stated that Angel Beats was better.
Angel Beats isn't really like their other series; I do think it's their best, but it's also different, most obviously by not being a harem show, but also in the general style and layout of the series. Kanon and Air are quite different in some ways, but still they are more similar than either is to Angel Beats. Even so though, there are some things that tie them all together as being in the Key style, such as the often sad plotlines. But each is different. Each of the four has its own fans who like it the best, I'm sure...

Jex

Tiger&Bunny 3

Man, this show is really good. They're clearly trying to make something that will actually have a Western appeal as well, hence the newspapers are in English.

I do have one thing to mention though: spot the black man.

hellclerk

Uchip said:
no
thing is, you are watching a medium where the human characters eyeballs would be taking up the majority of their cranium, they all act like psychotic outpatients and trolling physics with their every move yet somehow a supernatural cabbit explaining to a little magic girl why hes fucking with them using a twisted version of thermodynamics is somehow effecting your ssupension of disbelief?
to me that just sounds like some kind of pretentious intellectual debauchery that has no place in anime.
That's getting into meta-narrative (one that quite well stays on the right side of the uncanny valley) while I'm talking about the narrative narrative. That kind of misrepresentation of science in what is understood as a normal "human" environment, albeit with "A Wizard Did It" elements, is on the wrong side of the uncanny valley. It's dumb, contrived, and while it might easily fool those who don't remember their grade school science courses, it could have been done a thousand different ways that would have made sense with the consistency of the metaphysical narrative and/or consistency with ACTUAL science. Like Jexhius said, there's no reason for that mix. It's just bad writing.

doomed1 said:

Is that really how the Clannad anime is? That's unfortunate, considering that the Clannad VN is leagues better than the Air and Kanon anime adaptations.

doomed1 said:
Actually, yeah, because even if they DID say they wanted to prevent the heat death of the universe, they could just create some arbitrary heat collector device to gather dispersing heat energy for their purposes. A sort of "the universe needs more magical energy" would have been more internally consistent, wouldn't have required a very significant explanation (because a wizard did it), and I feel that Madoka's metaphysical consistency otherwise is pretty solid so it would make sense in the larger universe.

I'm afraid I don't see that difference. Metaphysics and science are both equally valid ways of looking at the world and trying to figure out how it works; they just go about it from different angles. Since I don't believe this is the only possible world, I think fictional worlds exist whose metaphysics and science is different from our own and is still internally consistent. Fiction doesn't have to be bound by the rules of "real-world" science. So I don't see any problem with the coherence of Madoka's universe as presented.

doomed1 said:

Really? That's a shame. Noein is a real gem, managing to pull off a complex sci-fi plot which is satisfyingly explained as well as a sensitive and thoughtful character-driven drama. It's one of my all-time favorites.

The reason I brought it up is because Noein is a show where physics (specifically, quantum mechanics) is integral to the plot and I was curious what you thought about its use of science. I guess you didn't get to that part though.

Dynedom

Couldn't get through the first episode of AnoHana. I think I have to actually force myself through once the second episode comes out (just to give the show a fair chance). Menma was just a bit overbearing for my liking.

Sign me up for the Iroha team though. Really enjoying it so far.

mAcOdIn

A Black Falcon said:
Oh well, but if you do watch it I'd definitely be interested to see if you liked it or not.
There's really no need, I'm sure I wouldn't like it.
A Black Falcon said:
You're just overstating a point that isn't necessarily even bad.
Says the person who thinks he understands Last Exile's ending but doesn't even know
if they're still on the same damn planet!
A Black Falcon said:
After this sidestory arc it gets to that, right?
Episodes 23-39 is the rest of Youko's story, 40 is the resolution of a character's story introduced in that arc that's also good and then 41 through 45 are really about the King of En and not as good, at least to me.
A Black Falcon said:
Angel Beats was my second favorite anime of 2010, though, after Sora no Woto, remember.
I was going to laugh at this and bring up this list of shows that was way better but after looking up 2010 I'll let you slide. There were shows I thought were technically better but I think I'd have to, gasp, say Sora no Woto was my show of 2010. I know, I don't like typing either it guys but the other shows were even less my thing.
A Black Falcon said:
Angel Beats isn't really like their other series; I do think it's their best, but it's also different, most obviously by not being a harem show, but also in the general style and layout of the series. Kanon and Air are quite different in some ways, but still they are more similar than either is to Angel Beats. Even so though, there are some things that tie them all together as being in the Key style, such as the often sad plotlines. But each is different. Each of the four has its own fans who like it the best, I'm sure...
Oh that's a given, I know of their origins and expect them to all be more alike than Angel Beats but as a whole, if they're objectively not as good as Angel Beats which I thought sucked, I hate harems, I hate dating games and I hate animes based of harems, dating games or both there's essentially no chance I'll like them.
hosannainexcelsis said:
Is that really how the Clannad anime is? That's unfortunate, considering that the Clannad VN is leagues better than the Air and Kanon anime adaptations.
No, it's Okazaki that's basically dense and emo, everyone else was also emo but not so dense.

Jex

mAcOdIn said:
I was going to laugh at this and bring up this list of shows that was way better but after looking up 2010 I'll let you slide. There were shows I thought were technically better but I think I'd have to, gasp, say Sora no Woto was my show of 2010. I know, I don't like typing either it guys but the other shows were even less my thing.
Clearly, you're both going to hell! Yeah, they have one for opinions now. This universe is harsh.

Still better than the Berserk universe, I guess.

Renmei

Banned
4 hours until Deadman wonderland is done, damn you Iraqi internet, be less shitty~

I've enjoyes Iroha, AnoHana and C so far. Any other standout shows so far and what should I avoid so I can stop wasting bandwidth~

trejo

Renmei said:
4 hours until Deadman wonderland is done, damn you Iraqi internet, be less shitty~

I've enjoyes Iroha, AnoHana and C so far. Any other standout shows so far and what should I avoid so I can stop wasting bandwidth~
Deadman Wonderland, for starters.

mAcOdIn

Jexhius said:
Clearly, you're both going to hell!
Now since I sin less will my stay in hell be better or will it be worse since I know what a grave sin it is to like Sora no Woto? Hmm????
Renmei said:

Avoid, the stuff on Crunchyroll that isn't Iroha, so skip Sket-Dance, Steins:Gate, My Ordinary Life(Nichijou - also the people who like this are crazy), We, Without Wings(Ore-tachi ni Tsubasa wa Nai ), Astarotte's Toy, A Bridge to the Starry Skies(Hoshizora e Kakaru Hashi), The World God Only Knows, Sekai Ichi Hatsukoi and Battle Girls - Time Paradox, that's a solid list of skippers(no not sea faring boat captains) right there.

Jex

cosmicblizzard said:
Man, do we really have 8 dedicated OTs this season? Crazy. Still need one for Tiger & Bunny, Toriko, and maybe Blue Exorcist.
If it's a good show it should have it's own OP, which will survive based on how popular the show is. Tiger and Bunny definitely deserves one, even if I feel Deadman Wonderland does not.
mAcOdIn said:
Now since I sin less will my stay in hell be better or will it be worse since I know what a grave sin it is to like Sora no Woto? Hmm????
Recognition is the first step towards purification.

Dresden

cosmicblizzard said:
Man, do we really have 8 dedicated OTs this season? Crazy. Still need one for Tiger & Bunny, Toriko, and maybe Blue Exorcist.
I don't know if we need more OPs that'll just be ignored. None of the ones made this season will get more than 200 or so posts.
Renmei said:

There's always Dororon Enma-kun.

trejo

cosmicblizzard said:
I see one for AnoHana, X-men, Enma-kun, Kaiji and Hanasaku Iroha. Which are the other three?

Uchip

Banned
doomed1 said:
That's getting into meta-narrative (one that quite well stays on the right side of the uncanny valley) while I'm talking about the narrative narrative. That kind of misrepresentation of science in what is understood as a normal "human" environment, albeit with "A Wizard Did It" elements, is on the wrong side of the uncanny valley. It's dumb, contrived, and while it might easily fool those who don't remember their grade school science courses, it could have been done a thousand different ways that would have made sense with the consistency of the metaphysical narrative and/or consistency with ACTUAL science. Like Jexhius said, there's no reason for that mix. It's just bad writing.

you would rather he was a stereotypical villain trying to become a god?
how about this: Kyubey was abandoned as a normal kitten, and his spite for the human race turned him into a magical dodgy salesman and he wants the world to burn hohoho

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom