• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring 2011 Anime Thread PART TWO return of sex hair, ghosts, and ZAWA

Status
Not open for further replies.

soc

RIP Kawakami Tomoko.

Tomoko Kawakami (川上 とも子 Kawakami Tomoko?, born 川上 倫子, April 25, 1971 – June 9, 2011) was a Japanese voice actress from Tokyo. Having graduated from the Toho Gakuen School of Music, Kawakami was affiliated with Production Baobab at the time of her death. She was best known for her roles in Revolutionary Girl Utena (as Utena Tenjou), Hikaru no Go (as Hikaru Shindou), Sgt. Frog (as Fuyuki Hinata), Harukanaru Toki no Naka de (as Akane Motomiya) and Kenichi: The Mightiest Disciple (as Miu Furinji).

flawfuls

Hitokage said:
If what you say is indeed true, then you've been holding out!

Well I've pimped it a multiple times in the manga thread. I don't think I actually got anyone to read it though :(.

Hellsing321 said:
Ano Hana 9
Hang that lampshade you crazy star. So much NTR going on this episode. I think Ghost NTR might be my favorite now.
I dunno, Glasses makes it clear to all she doesn't have a crush on him, so he prob. didn't think she'd care much. They're always hanging around, but don't act particularly nice to each other, seems more like a sibling relationship from an external view. If she does care she has a weird way of showing it, I wouldn't even call her kuudere since she never even warms up to HIM

duckroll

Unknown Soldier said:
I can dream, right?

Sunrise said there won't be any news on the next Geass anime (Akito) until Fall. Sounds like they want to promote the new Gundam first, and will announce more details about Geass after Gundam AGE goes on air.

Articalys

Izayoi said:
You derailed a thread on gaming side.

This is your fault.

I hope you're happy.
Wait, how did the Spice and Wolf spelling debate spill over into a thread about a PSP loli mecha musume game?

e: Actually, it's funny that everyone complains over Holo/Horo, but nobody gives a shit about the difference between Kraft and Craft.

Articalys said:
Wait, how did the Spice and Wolf spelling debate spill over into a thread about a PSP loli mecha musume game?

e: Actually, it's funny that everyone complains over Holo/Horo, but nobody gives a shit about the difference between Kraft and Craft.
Because those are both pronounced the same
DONT DERAIL THIS BRO
LEARN FROM HISTORY

duckroll said:
Sunrise said there won't be any news on the next Geass anime (Akito) until Fall. Sounds like they want to promote the new Gundam first, and will announce more details about Geass after Gundam AGE goes on air.

The other problem with Code Geass Gaiden: Akito of the Ruined Land is that it's, well, a side-story set in Europe. Maybe some of the Britannia royal family members will appear, maybe they won't. Lelouch and C.C. definitely won't be there, as they never go anywhere near Europe during the course of the main series. I guess Sunrise will have to surprise us on how this new series will involve Geass at all.

[C] 9

The effects of C are really staggering. Every non main character looks like shit. Interesting that the biggest threat to reality isn't a person of any sort but rather a phenomenon (though I guess crazy top hat dude would be the villain).

Also, shouldn't the convenience store have disappeared along with the old dude?

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
Izayoi said:
You derailed a thread on gaming side.

This is your fault.

I hope you're happy.
No, sir, when you were presented with the opportunity to cast off your ignoble ways and resoundingly endorse the public service announcement attached to your namesake for the enlightenment of all, you stubbornly insisted on poisoning that well and throwing others into confusion. You derailed that thread, not I, and now you come here lacking the fortitude to take responsibility for your shameful deeds.

Hidan no Aria 09:

Oh look, Riko's back! Uh, and a bunch of harem stuff happens. Lame. When this show is in harem mode, it's still kind of funny but also kind of boring. When it's in fuck awesome action movie mode, that's when it's both funny and fuck awesome. Get it right, J.C. Staff! Sigh. :|

real edit: Not my fight, not involved. Nya~

Izayoi

Banned
Hitokage said:
No, sir, when you were presented with the opportunity to cast off your ignoble ways and resoundingly endorse the public service announcement attached to your namesake for the enlightenment of all, you stubbornly insisted on poisoning that well and throwing others into confusion. You derailed that thread, not I, and now you come here lacking the fortitude to take responsibility for your shameful deeds.
Bahahaha.

...Time to catch up on the past two three weeks of episodes that I've missed. :|

mAcOdIn

zeroshiki said:
I still believe!!!

You never know, someone at Sunrise might have had too much to drink one night and greenlights a new Banner
Lol, even if that happens then we'd be sitting around bitching for the author to finish the series so the next season could be made. He just needs to sell the rights to the universe so the studio can make an offshoot with Spoor and the Queen without the dead weight that is Jinto and Lafiel.

Articalys

Huh, after editing my animelist page, I realized I dropped Star Driver about 3/4 of the way through. If I've read the rest of the summaries and know the plot (if you can call it that), is it worth watching the remaining episodes?

mAcOdIn

Articalys said:
Huh, after editing my animelist page, I realized I dropped Star Driver about 3/4 of the way through. If I've read the rest of the summaries and know the plot (if you can call it that), is it worth watching the remaining episodes?
Well personally if it took you reading over a list to realize you didn't finish it I'd leave it at that, sounds like you ended at a good spot for you.

Lain

flawfuls said:
Well I've pimped it a multiple times in the manga thread. I don't think I actually got anyone to read it though :(.
You got some people to read it, me for example. Although I stopped because I'd prefer to buy the books to keep going.

duckroll

So in the new Level 5 x Sunrise GUNDAM AGE series, they will be fighting alien-like enemies like this:

3K4h3.jpg

Lololololol. Gundam RIP. :(

simtmb

Seeing this thread makes me want to watch anime again. I've been out of the loop for the past 3 years or so. Watched anime since i was very young, but started to stop during my early Uni years.

I know this is asking a fair bit, but i may as well. You guys got any suggestions of series from 2008 till now? xD Tbh i can't really recall the last series i watched lol, but it was probably Geass R2.

There's nothing genre specific i like, so I'm open to anything worthwhile.

Thanks for any suggestions :)

Jex

duckroll said:
So in the new Level 5 x Sunrise GUNDAM AGE series, they will be fighting alien-like enemies like this:

http://i.imgur.com/3K4h3.jpg/IMG][/QUOTE]
Please tell me that this is one of those fake internet things and not from a real source.
[QUOTE=Articalys]Huh, after editing my animelist page, I realized I dropped Star Driver about 3/4 of the way through. If I've read the rest of the summaries and know the plot (if you can call it that), is it worth watching the remaining episodes?[/QUOTE]
The first and last episodes are the best part of [B]Star Driver[/B] so perhaps you should witness the finale.

Aad

I'm just watching Dragonball, man there's so much filler and terrible pacing it's almost unwatchable at times.

Izayoi

Banned
duckroll said:

http://i.imgur.com/3K4h3.jpg[IMG]

Lololololol. Gundam RIP. :([/QUOTE]
That is mighty depressing.

Dali

Halfway through unihabited planet survive! and so far I'm liking it well-enough. Seems like it's really geared to kids (but so was dennou coil) but it's still one of the better series I've seen. It's basically swiss family robinson with kids.

JKTrix

Oh hey, new thread.
slopeslider said:
I dunno, Glasses makes it clear to all she doesn't have a crush on him, so he prob. didn't think she'd care much. They're always hanging around, but don't act particularly nice to each other, seems more like a sibling relationship from an external view. If she does care she has a weird way of showing it, I wouldn't even call her kuudere since she never even warms up to HIM
She says she doesn't like him for political reasons. In school she already gets harassed for hanging out with him so much since he's popular. Her personality is that she holds herself back and doesn't show her true self. This episode highlighted that a bit when she made the remark about red being cuter and the other girl was surprised that she said 'cute'.

Glasses girl obviously likes the other guy.

I initially thought that she liked the main character as kids, and maybe she did. That brings out another contrast between her character and the other girl.

survivor

Banned
Hanasaku Iroha 9

Well that was a terrible episode. Also poor Ko.

Now I just need to catch up in C and I will be good for this season.

7Th

Sage00 said:
Maybe Gundam Age can succeed everywhere Victory Gundam failed! I will hold out hope.

If Gundam Age has a batshit insane, super bitchy female antagonist, I'm watching it to the very end.

Neo C.

Gosick 21: Wow, one twist after another.
I feel bad for the women killed for political/personal reasons though.

Lafiel

と呼ぶがよい
Sage00 said:
Maybe Gundam Age can succeed everywhere Victory Gundam failed! I will hold out hope.
Nah, i really doubt gundam age is going be as awesome as victory gundam, let's not get ahead of ourselves now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom