• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2013 |OT -7| My Giant CG Pony Can't Possibly Read This Much Baudelaire

Status
Not open for further replies.

ZetaEpyon

Of Hyouka, Chuu2, and Tamako, the one I least wanted more of was Chuu2. Hyouka would have been my first preference.

Of course, more Nichijou would have been far preferable to any of them...

Oh well.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Rikka is honestly one of the worst characters in anime, especially with how the show concluded her arc.

Honestly just couldn't disagree more. Her entire character is interesting, from her mannerisms to her back story.

The titular character of Tamako Market is one of the least interesting main characters in the history of anime.

Theonik

You cannot be serious. I can't believe they thought this was a good idea. This is like the worst thing I have ever seen. The mind boggles.
A SNES controller with a PS X d-pad. Absolutely shocking.
Maybe it's a SNES PlayStation.

sonicmj1

Utah's lost chuuni childhood friend who is in love with him appears and becomes Rika's rival. I'm not even joking.

Given how many liberties they've already taken with the source material, we can hope that they'll diverge completely from the books and leave that stupid character behind.

It's not likely, but I can still dream.

Dresden

Oh gawd, I just realized I have to deal with that pest Dekomori again? NOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

Of all the things to complain about in chuu2, Dekomori is not one of them. She and Nibutani are like the only good things about the show (and Deko is a far better character than Utah or Rikka).

I wanted to mention Touka but they sent her off to molestation hell.

Defuser

Of all the things to complain about in chuu2, Dekomori is not one of them. She and Nibutani are like the only good things about the show (and Deko is a far better character than Utah or Rikka).

I wanted to mention Touka but they sent her off to molestation hell.

It goes to show her character is so terrible standalone it needs Nibutani to make her look good.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Chuu2 is probably the first coming of age story where the main character finally learns what it means to grow up... then regresses.

Branduil

Chuu2 is probably the first coming of age story where the main character finally learns what it means to grow up... then regresses.

They have to do that to appeal to the otaku who never grew up.

"You guys are right, there's no point to growing up" is basically Chu2's whole message.

Dresden

It goes to show her character is so terrible standalone it needs Nibutani to make her look good.

Not at all. That one scene where she's helping kids in her class with their work while popping out in the hipsterbullshit persona to talk with Utah is far ahead of anything Rikka got. DEKOBEST

Somewhat in that muddled mess of an ending, they said it was okay for her to do that, so it's okay.

Haly

Maybe it's subtle commentary on the inherent contradiction between two tried and true YA fiction morals: "Growing up means leaving behind who you were for who you ought to be" and "Don't deny who you really are".

4deep2me

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Oh. I thought you guys were joking about Chuu2-2 being a reality. This is disappointing. At least the premise sounds dumb enough that the show make lose the self-serious tone, but that's kind of wishful thinking.
Seems like someone didn't pay attention to the ending.
I mean I tried not to, but I'm sure some of it seeped in.

Shergal

If they somehow do away with the shitty drama of the first season, the love rival character, and focus on the comedy and actually enhancing the characters into actually entertaining people, a new season of Chuu2 could be at least funny.

What will never change is the mediocre (relative to other Kyoani works) visual style and animation of the show.

Boring.

Steroyd

I don't know what you mean by this, though... is something missing? Are you saying Milky Holmes (the TV series) is bad? I disagree, I liked it overall. Milky Holmes Alternate is bad, but not the two seasons of the main show.

But yes, unfortunately, Alternate ep. 2 is even worse than the first episode, and it's not just worse, it's a lot worse. That villain... whatever they were thinking, it was very, very wrong.

I meant Milky Holmes Alternate episode 2, I've only seen the first episode and thought NO!.

Chuu2 S2 announced; KyoAni must be in serious need of money.

4 days early for April Fools don't you thi--

Utah's lost chuuni childhood friend who is in love with him appears and becomes Rika's rival. I'm not even joking.

http://www.kyotoanimation.co.jp/img/books/chuunibyo/mainVisual/3.png[IMG][/QUOTE]

If it's 12/13 episodes of silly hijinks all the way through without that silly drama towards the end I'll be okay with this.

I'll be okay. With this.

I'll be okay.

Branduil

Oh. I thought you guys were joking about Chuu2-2 being a reality. This is disappointing. At least the premise sounds dumb enough that the show make lose the self-serious tone, but that's kind of wishful thinking.

The premise of the first one was pretty dumb and it didn't lose the self-serious tone, so I don't see why that would happen here. Heck, you could call a self-serious tone in a show with a goofy premise a staple of Ishihara-directed shows.

madp

The Light of El Cantare
4NaWJQb.jpg

not bad, not bad.

/immediately hides all of it from view

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
The premise of the first one was pretty dumb and it didn't lose the self-serious tone, so I don't see why that would happen here. Heck, you could call a self-serious tone in a show with a goofy premise a staple of Ishihara-directed shows.
Eh, I feel like it's harder to take childhood friend NTR more seriously than the dead parents stuff. I am sure KyoAni will work hard to prove me wrong though.

Theonik

Wait... Chuu 2-2. If they are 1 grade higher they might actually use that as a naming pun for them moving up a class! (Grade 2 class 2)

Needs more greater than signs between Hyouka and Tamako.
Even at its worst Tamako was quite good and at the very least had good direction and solid visuals. There isn't a massive gulf in quality there.

Haly

Hyōka
The Disappearance of Haruhi Suzumiya
Full Metal Panic? Fumoffu
The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya
Nichijou
Tamako Market
Chūnibyō Demo Koi ga Shitai!
K-ON Shit
KEY Shit
Lucky Star

AnimeGaf seemed to have it decided from the start once the artwork for the show was revealed.
And that's animegaf problem... not giving the show a chance before casting aside potential is a recipe for failure.

I've seen , i like , i enjoy...

and besides i've seen "yes precure", toei would have to try to do worse than that.

3.png

AH AH ...

AH AH

if it didn't end , this was the most predictable follow -up .

still...
Ns3cEJY.gif

Unless dekomori & co makes a glorious turn back i'm not going to even bother with this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom