• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2013 |OT -7| My Giant CG Pony Can't Possibly Read This Much Baudelaire

Status
Not open for further replies.

7Th

Key visual for Chuu2 S2:
WaZ3TCG.jpg

Branduil

Oh thank the lawd.

Can't wait for this.

Thank god Japan has good taste. Fuck ya Tamako fuck ya Hyouka, the best KyoAni show since Nichijou gets its rightful second season.

Don't you ever get tired of just being a contrarian all the time instead of actually enjoying good anime?

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Don't you ever get tired of just being a contrarian all the time instead of actually enjoying good anime?

Don't you ever get tired of being a dick?

I like what I like. I am not a contrarian. Most people don't even like Tamako Market to begin with so I really don't understand how my views on that show would fall under that notion.

Soma

even though i didn't hate Chuu2 as most people here did (that ending was still bad though) all i really feel is disappointment from this

still hoping on a new Hyouka season/movie that covers the last novel (or whatever it was that the anime didn't cover).

Branduil

How is he being contrarian?

He does this shtick all the time, jumping in the thread to say "screw [show animeGAF generally enjoys]" and then jumping out without actually discussing anything. It's just driveby trolling but whatever, I'm done falling for his instigation.

OceanBlue

even though i didn't hate Chuu2 as most people here did (that ending was still bad though) all i really feel is disappointment from this

still hoping on a new Hyouka season/movie that covers the last novel (or whatever it was that the anime didn't cover).
Any announcement regarding Hyouka won't happen now since it's a Kadokawa property.

This is too funny.

duckroll

There is no "last novel", the story remains episodic and continues slowly as the author isn't dedicated to writing the series. Hyouka won't have another season until there's more content much later. There's no point making a movie for just a few short stories about the new school year, and there isn't enough content for a new series.

It's not like there's some super exciting development in the novels which hasn't been adapted. All the best stuff were already in the anime. Most of that was written years ago.

Branduil

With the failure of Nichijou and Tamako Market, it's certainly unlikely that KyoAni will stray far from its formula of "cute girls doing cute things adapted from moderately popular source material."

yami4ct

There are multiple movies, yes. Probably 3 for the main story. There might be a 4th one if they want to do The Answer too.

I had heard the rumors going around that they were doing only 2 films. They'd need at least 3 to do the story any justice and not make it seem like a huge rush job.

Honestly, really not looking forward to these films. Likely, this means the beginning of Index undoing (read: Ruining) Persona 3's great ending.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
He does this shtick all the time, jumping in the thread to say "screw [show animeGAF generally enjoys]" and then jumping out without actually discussing anything. It's just driveby trolling but whatever, I'm done falling for his instigation.

AnimeGAF is more than one person. But I guess you wouldn't think that since your views are the only ones that count in all of AnimeGAF.

Your bullshit is really offensive honestly. I like shows that other people like, just looking at examples from last year I really enjoyed Fate/Zero and Humanity has Declined were great shows. I didn't enjoy Hyouka but I respect it. Theres literally nothing to respect about Tamako Market.

Sorry if that offends you.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
With the failure of Nichijou and Tamako Market, it's certainly unlikely that KyoAni will stray far from its formula of "cute girls doing cute things adapted from moderately popular source material."

The fujioshi market is a very safe bet though. Maybe they're looking for a backup plan in case people get tired of cute girls doing cute things.

Shergal

Well, but Hyouka aired much later than Nichijou. And they probably had Chuu2-2 in the kitchen even before Tamako started airing.

I didn't like Chuu2, but what makes me sad about this development is that there's nothing new; same old staff, same old (bad) visual style, same old material. In a studio with as much talent as Kyoani, it's sad to see the same 3 guys direct everything with Ishihara doing much more work than the other two.

Moonlight

Banned
Chuu2 S2 announced; KyoAni must be in serious need of money.
You can't be serious.

Satone Shichimiya was Yuta's childhood friend; Satone was told by Yuta that they were soul mates destined to be together. She suffers from delusions and believes to have a magical ring. She likes to be called "Sophia Ring SP Saturn VII."
This may be the most offensive character biography I've read in a long time.

Here's the point:

Tamako DVD+BD volume sales: <4k
Our gods have abandoned us. KyoAni has turned to the dark side. Anime is dead.

:(

Branduil

AnimeGAF is more than one person. But I guess you wouldn't think that since your views are the only ones that count in all of AnimeGAF.

Your bullshit is really offensive honestly. I like shows that other people like, just looking at examples from last year I really enjoyed Fate/Zero and Humanity has Declined were great shows. I didn't enjoy Hyouka but I respect it. Theres literally nothing to respect about Tamako Market.

Sorry if that offends you.

You don't understand, it's not the different opinion that's the problem, it's only saying stuff like "LOL that show sucked I'm glad no more will be made" and then not backing it up before running out of the thread that's annoying and trollish.

duckroll

This is factually untrue.

Tamako Market is literally "cute girls doing cute things" except it is an original work. It has failed. Previous KyoAni adaptations have never been "moderately popular" works aside from Key and Haruhi. Those are also far from "cute girls doing cute things" and are the opposite of their slice of life works. K-On was not a "moderately popular" source material before it was adapted into an anime. Not much more than Nichijou. One succeeded, the other failed. Chuu2 is a completely unknown light novel before it was adapted into an anime, and it wasn't even sold in many book stores originally. It is now one of their most popular works.

There is no pattern to what KyoAni makes being successful or unsuccessful. They make many different things and some are more successful than others. The failures do not follow any strict pattern, and neither do the successes.

Tamako Market, if anything, was viewed as one of KyoAni's "safest" works in years. Maybe that contributed to its failure. Maybe not.

You say that like the success of Tamako Market would have led to anything different other than perhaps more original material.

Branduil

This is factually untrue.

Tamako Market is literally "cute girls doing cute things" except it is an original work. It has failed. Previous KyoAni adaptations have never been "moderately popular" works aside from Key and Haruhi. Those are also far from "cute girls doing cute things" and are the opposite of their slice of life works. K-On was not a "moderately popular" source material before it was adapted into an anime. Not much more than Nichijou. One succeeded, the other failed. Chuu2 is a completely unknown light novel before it was adapted into an anime, and it wasn't even sold in many book stores originally. It is now one of their most popular works.

There is no pattern to what KyoAni makes being successful or unsuccessful. They make many different things and some are more successful than others. The failures do not follow any strict pattern, and neither do the successes.

Tamako Market, if anything, was viewed as one of KyoAni's "safest" works in years. Maybe that contributed to its failure. Maybe not.

Tamako has too many gross boys.

Tamako Market isn't about cute girls doing cute things?

Ah, been answered already.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom