• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2013 |OT-8| What could be beyond OT-8? Possibility.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't understand why the kid's dad beat him for wanting to be an aerospace engineer. I'm guessing the dad is just fucking stupid, no matter what type of engineer you become that's like guaranteed money right there. Let the kid make rockets goddamn it. As for Vince, just "becoming an astronaut" is kind of vague since most are either doctors, engineers or something like that. So either way both of them would have had some well paying careers.

I guess it all depends now that I think about it. Wonder how's the space program in 50 years or w/e space bros is?

trejo

Azazel-san Z 8

This episode had me in stitches and the conclusion is exactly what I would have expected from this show. Anyone who had misgivings about the previous arcs and missed the sort of humor found in the first season should give these last two episodes a shot.

wonzo

Banned
I thought Space bros was only like 15 years into the future?
15 years too many for the ultimate TV viewing experience:

spacebros34.jpg

Azazel-san Z 8

It's still not funny. 8 bad episodes, it's not about one arc. They should have just let this series RIP rather than bring it back this way.

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
I think Henneko has a surprisingly good voice acting and premise. I think it's really amusing to see Tsukiko act emotionless but the way she presents herself says otherwise. It's really funny, cute, adorable, and awesome.

cajunator

Banned
I think Henneko has a surprisingly good voice acting and premise. I think it's really amusing to see Tsukiko act emotionless but the way she presents herself says otherwise. It's really funny, cute, adorable, and awesome.

I fully agree little mascot-kun.
how goes the job search?

mAcOdIn

best anime to watch free on hulu or crunchyroll

go
Tsuritama
Space Brothers
Time of Eve (you can also just watch the movie version instead)
Wandering Son
Fate/Zero
Durarara
Natsume's Book of Friends
Polar Bear Cafe
Moyashimon
Madoka Magica
I would also add

Toradora
Read or Die
Otome Yokai Zakuro
Kids on the Slope
Our Home's Fox Diety
Moyashimon
Gankutsuou
Nichijou/My Ordinary Life
Fate/Zero
Moribito (I've heard good things about it.)
Code:Breaker
The Skull Man
Full Metal Alchemist
Gunslinger Girl
Blood C
Haibane Renmei
Requiem From the Darkness
Samurai Champloo
Girls und Panzer
Bunny Drop

That should cover some bases. Note that these are mostly Hulu selections.
Hey fools, where's Natsu no Arashi? Or Robotech(I still maintain it has better music than Macross)?
Besides what I just mentioned and what I bolded in the previous people's lists I say:
Hulu:
Martian Sucessor Nadesico
The Devil is a Part Timer
Minami-ke
Wolf's Rain
You're Under Arrest
Taisho Baseball Girls
Bakemonogatari
Ghost In the Shell
Seriel Experiments Lain
Trigun
Macross Plus
Kino's Journey
Kenichi
Maria Holic
Birdy the Mighty Decode
Spice and Wolf
Baccano
Mushi-shi

Damn, Hulu has a lot of good stuff, I left out a few more middling titles too.

I bet besides the newer stuff that Crunchyroll would fare a lot worse.

Hey fools, where's Natsu no Arashi? Or Robotech(I still maintain it has better music than Macross)?
Besides what I just mentioned and what I bolded in the previous people's lists I say:
Hulu:
Martian Sucessor Nadesico
The Devil is a Part Timer
Minami-ke
Wolf's Rain
You're Under Arrest
Taisho Baseball Girls
Bakemonogatari
Ghost In the Shell
Seriel Experiments Lain
Trigun
Macross Plus
Kino's Journey
Kenichi
Maria Holic
Birdy the Mighty Decode
Spice and Wolf
Baccano
Mushi-shi

I didn't realize half this stuff was on Hulu. Pretty impressive.

CorvoSol

ZZ Gundam 14

Bright Noa in a compromising position with a woman who is not his beloved wife, Mirai Yashima? OH HEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEELL NO. Add this to the list of reasons that ZZ Gundam just isn't as good as MSG or Zeta.

MOON-MOON?

Okay, I have to admit, seeing how a colony would develop if it had been completely cut off from the Earth for like, 90-100 years is pretty interesting, actually. So props to ZZ for doing something different for a change.

Awww, Leina looks so cute in that little Degwin Youth uniform.

HOW IS THIS WOMAN A ZEON COMMANDER?

HOW. HOW. HOW.

You know, I'm glad that Judau is all "I'm not your Messiah." Because if this was Valvrave, here's how that would've played out: 1)Haruto: "I am your Messiah!" 2) L-Elf: "No, I'm your Messiah, and as my proof: at 6:30 it will be 6:30 for a full minute!" 3) Haruto and all: "MAYBE HE IS THEIR MESSIAH!!!"

Man, Valvrave is so stupid.

Don't understand why the kid's dad beat him for wanting to be an aerospace engineer. I'm guessing the dad is just fucking stupid, no matter what type of engineer you become that's like guaranteed money right there. Let the kid make rockets goddamn it. As for Vince, just "becoming an astronaut" is kind of vague since most are either doctors, engineers or something like that. So either way both of them would have had some well paying careers.

I think it's the small mining town mentality where the kids have to take the stable jobs in town and not have any big dreams about leaving, because they'd just be failures if they went away from town and tried to make something of themselves. You can see that in the previous when Rick is talking to the career counselor. The kids were trapped in their dead end life in a town where no one had the luxury of dreaming big.

Dead

well not really...yet
Valrave The Liberator 1

Dat awful pacing

Dem terrible scene transitions

Dat lack of impact

But holy shit, animu CG has come a long fucking way. This might be the first time ever Ive been totally satisfied with CG mecha.

show went full retard in the last 45 seconds tho, didn't expect that. LOL. fuck you sunrise, will watch more.

madp

The Light of El Cantare
Attack on Titan 08:

man I fucking knew it. This show can just throw anything at me at this point; I'll mindlessly lap it up.

cajunator

Banned

Im always so busy writhing on the floor by that point I didnt realize her expressions are changing.

put this character designer on my list of favorites along with Watanabe and Range Murata and Yoshitoshi Abe. Who is it by the way?
I recognize this style from somewhere else.

Attack on Stillshots 8

Jesus I'm not sure who is worse, Toei Budget or Wit's End Studios, there's a shit ton of still shots, and they last for like.... half a minute sometimes. It's ridiculous. It's nice that action gets animated but damn.

Anyway, finally, more often than not, we have people not acting like chicken shits and putting up a fight. Oddly enough, Armin was the one who made them less of wimps and more organized. It's like finally, some hope in this tragic comedy.

The titan was Eren all along! Mikasa can actually cry too! Now they can be lovers again

Is this where AoT gets stupid? A simple yes or no will suffice.

Ultimadrago

I meant on your list!

Oh. It didn't come to mind. Though you seem to have it covered on your list.

Hulu:

I earned 5 mAcOdIn points.
What do I win?
I also haven't watched Natsu no Arashi nor Robotech.

Im always so busy writhing on the floor by that point I didnt realize her expressions are changing.

put this character designer on my list of favorites along with Watanabe and Range Murata and Yoshitoshi Abe. Who is it by the way?
I recognize this style from somewhere else.

Original character designer is Kantoku. He has lots of sameface but it's all cute/lewd stuff.

55krum9.jpg

Shorts/pantyhose master race.

Also Murata draws pretty much the most delicious legs ever, he is a god.

mAcOdIn

I earned 5 mAcOdIn points.
What do I win?
I also haven't watched Natsu no Arashi nor Robotech.
You win nothing! This is like Who's Line is it Anyways where the points are meaningless, so all you get is the dissatisfaction and shame of not having ever seen Natsu no Arashi. Which is a lot of shame by the way but paradoxically, since you haven't seen it and thus don't know how good it really is, I guess you aren't feeling any different now than before you read my post.

Anyways, if the what's a Robotech thing is serious it's the US release of Macross that was edited to also fit in the shows Mospeada and Southern Cross into a single series so that it'd qualify for syndication on US networks. And the OST is way better than Macross.

Defuser

Hentai Ouji ep 7

Achievement Unlocked! Steel King Conquered!

Oh Yokodera, you're such a nice pimp. You got a DFC younger sister and now the big boob older sister.

d2Esgag.png

WuYcmUh.jpg

If this bombs in sales I'm gonna be pissed.

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
I've had a job for the past 2 months. =)

Also, Tsukiko is a very very fashionable person. All her outfits and the way she looks fits perfectly. It's one of the few things that stands out to me compared to other anime.

Hm, now I've got to ask what's some of the best wardrobe/clothes designs you people have seen in anime.

LOL. You and I were thinking the same thing. HAHAHAHAHA.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom