• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2017 |OT| Don't be a SukaSuka for Gacha

Status
Not open for further replies.

Narag

Yea that's what adaptation are. You don't want to watch a super great adaptation of something you enjoy? Seeing characters you like animated in amazing ways with a kickass ost seems like a damn good reason to me. The anime also adds tons of stuff and takes lots of liberties. From class interaction to long fights. People other then me told you it was more then worth it.

At this point you just sound grumpy and closed to everything. Because if we listened to you nobody here should watch half the shows that are airing since they read the source.

Show some mercy.

Cornbread78

At this point a love interest getting fatally wounded/at death's door and the other person nursing them back to health either with an act of emotional intimacy or straight up getting naked and keeping them warm with their boobs should be a trope.

lol, true, but my complaint is what happened to the character that is missing on the screen for like the 3rd of 4th time now.... like, WTF; try harder..

Sucks at practical magic
Can nullify spells
Can change how spells are invoked

Must be oni... glen radars

Honestly, the first episode, the duel in particular, did feel unnecessary given the direction the series ultimately ended up going. Like, I actually like the direction the show went in, stupid school uniforms not withstanding, but I don't see the point in the "lolno he's actually OP" swerve they did. They should've just established Glenn as strong but unmotivated from the getgo instead of the "Kazuma-lite" stuff from the first episode.

Tonton

AoT S2 delivers for the most part and then there's also an excellent second season of Eccentric Family.

2 good shows is above average as far as I'm concerned, so I'm enjoying the season a lot.

I'd try to get into those 2 but I can't watch either S1 on Crunchyroll :/

--

Now that I finished 3rd I think I'll try to get back into anime, what is still good this season?
No point recommending the above or MHA

TUSR

Banned

--

Now that I finished 3rd I think I'll try to get back into anime, what is still good this season?
AOT S1 should also be on Netflix.

--

Tsukigakirei, Boruto, Kado and BLAME!

Also yea AoT should be on CR.

Tonton

AOT S1 should also be on Netflix.
I'll try looking there later

aot s1 should be on crunchyroll
Seems to be a regional issue since it displays the "Sorry, due to licensing limitations, videos are unavailable in your region." message (oddly enough all of S2 seems to be there just fine which is why i found the message weird at first)
Tsukigakirei, Boruto, Kado and BLAME!

Also yea AoT should be on CR.
BLAME! is a movie on Netlix right?

Dunno if i really want to try Boruto, I only watched Naruto up till around the chunin exam and got a bit more through playing some of the games

I'll try looking there later

Seems to be a regional issue since it displays the "Sorry, due to licensing limitations, videos are unavailable in your region." message (oddly enough all of S2 seems to be there just fine which is why i found the message weird at first)

BLAME! is a movie on Netlix right?

Dunno if i really want to try Boruto, I only watched Naruto up till around the chunin exam and got a bit more through playing some of the games
Yep BLAME! is on netflix. It absolutely amazing.

As for Boruto. It's like a new story. You could easily start from there. If you enjoyed early Naruto I recommend at least checking it out. Lots of really good class interactions.

Ascheroth

--

Blame! (Yes, it's on Netflix)
Kado
SukaSuka (or WorldEnd: What do you etc)

Nothing better then 3rd though.

If the source material is amazing, then I don't see how an adaptation of said material could be boring. Like in summer we get Welcome to the Ballroom. I know the story, but boy am I still hype as hell to watch it. I want to see a series I like animated and even if I know where it's going it doesn't have any impact. It just changes the experience. It's like how will they adapt this and how crazy will they go for that scene or I want to hear All Might scream the most bad-ass quote ever. If it's for a lesser series where I just found the source good though, I can kind of agree.

Sure, I get where you're coming from. But from a different perspective this is the problem some people have with very faithful adaptations. It can feel like there's no surprises left to have. Sure it changes the experience, but if all they care about is the base story line, it's not really going to add a whole lot, animated, live action, or otherwise.

Plus you're a diehard MHA fan. You live and breath for this stuff. Nintendoman doesn't feel the same way, probably, maybe, I don't know, the Getter Robo Avi might give it away. So just imagine that MHA for him is like whatever lesser series you find just 'good' and thus aren't as interested in seeing adapted.

Tonton

Ok, I'll look into Kado, Sukasuka, Tsukigakirei and BLAME!
Will think a bit more about Boruto

What kind of shows are you interested in? Specific genre?

Not looking into anything specific, although i like to have a comedy even if it's not too great (i enjoyed gabriel dropout last season for what it was for one)
You can look into my anime list if you want to get a better idea what I like

The ending to TTGL was such an odd way to close out that show.
GOTTA MAKE THE IMPOSSIBLE POSSIBLE!
WE'LL MAKE OUR OWN PATH FORWARD!
CAN'T SAVE MY WIFE!

Cornbread78

Not looking into anything specific, although i like to have a comedy even if it's not too great (i enjoyed gabriel dropout last season for what it was for one)

Try these out:

Barakamon is a must
D Frag
Etotama
Silver Spoon
Golden Boy
The World God Only Knows
New Game

Sure, I get where you're coming from. But from a different perspective this is the problem some people have with very faithful adaptations. It can feel like there's no surprises left to have. Sure it changes the experience, but if all they care about is the base story line, it's not really going to add a whole lot, animated, live action, or otherwise.

Plus you're a diehard MHA fan. You live and breath for this stuff. Nintendoman doesn't feel the same way, probably, maybe, I don't know, the Getter Robo Avi might give it away. So just imagine that MHA for him is like whatever lesser series you find just 'good' and thus aren't as interested in seeing adapted.
It is going to vary from person to person, but my initial tone was because nintendoman is supposed to be a pretty big fan of the manga of MHA. If what he wrote in the past is true.

phaze

Love Lab perhaps ?

Arakawa Under the Bridge or D-Frag something less impressive production wise.

Gurren Lagaan's ending was great. It isn't exactly what I wanted but what show gives you everything you want? (Besides Clannad After Story. :p)

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
A mouse cursor in an anime gif? Now I've seen everything.

What's the level below Tumblr tier, cos it's clearly there.

Tonton

Try these out:

Barakamon is a must
D Frag
Etotama
Silver Spoon
Golden Boy
The World God Only Knows
New Game

Love Lab perhaps ?

Arakawa Under the Bridge or D-Frag something less impressive production wise.

Those seem to be shows that finished airing?
I'm only looking into stuff that's airing right now atm
But I'll keep some of those in my mind for later (and I already wanted to watch New game)

It is going to vary from person to person, but my initial tone was because nintendoman is supposed to be a pretty big fan of the manga of MHA. If what he wrote in the past is true.

I DO like the manga. That's the problem.

The manga is so far ahead right now that I have no real urge to rewatch the earlier parts of the show. Except for the
Stain
fight. I'm interested in that, at least.

Clov

If the source material is amazing, then I don't see how an adaptation of said material could be boring.

Just because the source material is good, doesn't mean that the adaptation will be though. There's much more involved in making an anime than making a manga or a novel, which gives plenty of opportunity for more to go wrong. You could have great writing dragged down by poor direction, or bad animation, for example.

On a different note, I'm still only watching two shows this season. Not because I'm only interested in two shows, but because my time's been very constrained. Not only do I have a new Fire Emblem to distract me, but I'm going to a convention later this week. I need to put the finishing touches on my cosplays for that. Oh yeah, and I'm getting married next week. That's sort of important. Maybe once it's all over and I can finally relax, and watch some more of this season's shows. I wouldn't mind starting Bahamut, but reactions have been mixed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom