• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2017 |OT| Don't be a SukaSuka for Gacha

Status
Not open for further replies.
More Dive!!
DAok_39WAAEgujS.jpg:large

Dive is going to be great! Amazon better freakin do their job.

Clov

Thanks again to those wishing me well! Got a few new ones in when I was away.

On a more anime related topic, I'm personally not that excited for Dive. I love Free, but Dive doesn't look like it wants to distinguish itself much from it. I'll just wait for that new Free movie instead.

Planetes 18

Wow, I wasn't expecting Lavie to step up like that. He's been a joke character for most of the series, so it's unexpected to see his character and motivations get meaningfully explored. And he ends up being the hero who saves the day, just as his kids wanted. A surprisingly poignant moment.

Meanwhile Hachimaki is withdrawing from everyone around him so he can prepare for the Jupiter mission selection. Well, if he's going to abandon Tanabe, at least he didn't wait until he married and had kids with her like his father did.

Let me make sure to wish you well also.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Meanwhile Hachimaki is withdrawing from everyone around him so he can prepare for the Jupiter mission selection. Well, if he's going to abandon Tanabe, at least he didn't wait until he married and had kids with her like his father did.

wink.gif

Clov

Adaptation of a novel that was written 11 yrs before Free! doesnt distinguish itself too much from Free!...I dont understand.

The source material may be older, but let's not pretend that it's only being adapted now due to the success of female oriented shows like Free. They're definitely after the same market. Perhaps it can't distinguish itself from Free without deviating too much from the source material, but the optics still look bad.

Maybe there's a chance it will end up alright, so I'll wait for impressions. Still, I feel doubtful.

Let me make sure to wish you well also.

Thanks! :)

On a more anime related topic, I'm personally not that excited for Dive. I love Free, but Dive doesn't look like it wants to distinguish itself much from it. I'll just wait for that new Free movie instead.

I see cute boys and I see abs. What more do we need? Hopefully the anime looks like the art.

Also since it's a 4 novel series adaption we will probably get it all adapted!

Cornbread78

Sakurada Reset ep.8
Despite how slow and unpredictable the presentation of this show is, I'm still drawn to it each week to see how Kei solves issues using everyone's abilities around him. I almost hope they at least try to ship Kei and Haruka and I'm guessing that was what the witch was referencing about the "emotionless stone." We'll see...

Clov

I see cute boys and I see abs. What more do we need? Hopefully the anime looks like the art.

Also since it's a 4 novel series adaption we will probably get it all adapted!

Eh, they're not that cute. I find the Free designs more appealing, personally.

Who's even animating this again?

*looking at next season*

Huh, Tsurezure Children sounds like your pretty standard rom-com...

A series depicting various scenarios of young love. These stories range from a boy, crippled by his absolute lack of confidence in himself, cannot even accept the fact that the girl of his dreams actually asked him out on a date, to the near-psychotic girl that pours her own blood into her homemade chocolate in order to win his heart.

giphy.gif

Oh, and it's got the same director as Valkyrie Drive: Mermaid and Maken-Ki! Two. Gonna be a winner folks.

duckroll

Congrats Clov, now you can go start a family and abandon this den of sin. Let me know when you're safely out so I can set fire to the entire place.

striferser

Huge Nickleback Fan
Just because the source material is good, doesn't mean that the adaptation will be though. There's much more involved in making an anime than making a manga or a novel, which gives plenty of opportunity for more to go wrong. You could have great writing dragged down by poor direction, or bad animation, for example.

On a different note, I'm still only watching two shows this season. Not because I'm only interested in two shows, but because my time's been very constrained. Not only do I have a new Fire Emblem to distract me, but I'm going to a convention later this week. I need to put the finishing touches on my cosplays for that. Oh yeah, and I'm getting married next week. That's sort of important. Maybe once it's all over and I can finally relax, and watch some more of this season's shows. I wouldn't mind starting Bahamut, but reactions have been mixed.

Congratulation :D

JulianImp

Kuroko - Up to #51
I didn't expect the show would be able to make Murasakibara into an interesting character with how late he got introduced, but hey, it worked!

However, the show once again went for "spectator explains exactly what Seirin has to do in order to stay in the game", which is awful since whenever that happens I know that whatever strategy was outlined in the expository rant is exactly what I'll get to see in the next couple minutes of the show... seeing the show pull the same pattern again and again is getting pretty tiring, even more so because it's obvious that, say, Seirin has to find a way to counter Midorima's long shooting range or Murasakibara's defense, or cool Kagami or Hyuga's head so that they stop making careless plays, so it feels pretty condescending when Kise, Aomine or whoever starts ranting about what has to happen for the games to go Seirin's way.

Cornbread78

Looks like Summer season will just be another crap season.

Nah, it's already got:

- Owarimonogatari
- New Game S2
- Love and Lies

There's also a pure yuri show that I'm not too interested in, but I know sone of you can't resist...

You know what, after just looking it over again, yeah, it's gonna suck compared to the past few....

As for Summer shows that I've read the source material for:
Aho-Girl: Your standard comedy 4-Koma manga, very hit and miss with it's comedy. Overuses certain jokes to death...
Ballroom e Youkoso: If Production I.G can do the manga justice this will be a damn great anime.
Centaur no Nayami: A manga that can go from cute monster girls doing cute things one chapter; to mind fuckery and complete weirdness with conspiracies the next. Fucking sucks that Haoliners Animation League is doing this show, chances of it being done well are slim to none.
Hajimete no Gal: Fuck this manga, fuck whoever helped bring success to this manga and fuck whoever green lighted an anime for this manga. There are few mangas that make me angry, many can suck but they don't invoke the feeling of anger. This damn manga is a sin and is everything I despise!
Kakegurui: The closest thing we are getting to a new Kaiji Anime, should be good if they don't botch the adaption.
Knight's & Magic (Manga 3 chapters): This is mostly shit....but it doesn't invoke any form of anger from me.
New Game!!: Should adapt some fun chapters this season, if you liked S1 you'll like this season.
Youkai Apato no Yuuga na Nichijou: A fun slice of life/mystery manga, nothing ground breaking but nothing particularly bad.

KraytarJ

Summer has Owari 2 so that's enough for it to be amazing. Ballroom seems like it could be really good, and there's a show basically explicitly called yuri NTR so I mean yeah…

Sakura Quest 8
Really nothing happened, like at all. At this point the show should just be renamed Fashion Quest because the outfits are the best part.

zulux21

*looks at the summer season*
I guess
Fate/Apocrypha
Shoukoku no Altair
Kakegurui
Isekai Shokudou

and my otaku reincarnated will be filled with
Knight's & Magic

and my pick for non obvious anime DTL will gush about (as any that just have a bunch of hot guys on the cover are obvious)
Jikan no Shihaisha

Kakegurui looks pretty cool. Might have to check out the new Ufotable series too. Since Netflix got the rights to Fate, they probably won't upload it until after it finishes airing just like LWA.

There's also a pure yuri show that I'm not too interested in, but I know sone of you can't resist...

You talking about the one where the two girls NTR their boyfriends?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom