• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2017 |OT| Don't be a SukaSuka for Gacha

Status
Not open for further replies.

phaze

*looking at next season*

Huh, Tsurezure Children sounds like your pretty standard rom-com...

giphy.gif

Oh, and it's got the same director as Valkyrie Drive: Mermaid and Maken-Ki! Two. Gonna be a winner folks.

Manga is pretty decent actually even if one couple went full Nisekoi.

And with hair colors one will finally be able to differentiate between the male protagonists lol.

Dunno about the director though.

JulianImp

I'm always down for more Monogatari, and I guess I could always work on my backlog if the season doesn't have enough shows I like, anyway.

I'll also have to remind myself to go and order the Kizu BDs for part 2 and 3 once the latter hits Japanese shelves in July. I really want my special commentary tracks, subs be damned.

KraytarJ

Eccentric Family 2-7
Well that was one hell of a dinner party. I can't say I expected Yasaburo to join the Friday club or for Soun to go out like that.

Shaft is saving the second half of the year with Owarimonogatari Part II and more March Comes In Like a Lion S2.

And then we will enter the age of Red Saber.
(Red indicates speed)

Cornbread78

You talking about the one where the two girls NTR their boyfriends?

Yeah:

Yuma and Hotaru have been friends since childhood, so it's only natural that when Yuma is nervous about her new boyfriend, she asks Hotaru for advice. But when Hotaru starts coming onto Yuma for what feels like more than just 'practice,' what does it mean...? With boyfriends in the foreground but a secret, passionate tryst in the background, will Yuma and Hotaru try to forget what happened between them or have they fallen into a trap of true love and betrayal?

Szadek

Fresh Precure - Ep. 6
Great episode. They did a good job at making Soular more competent than the other villains.
The relationship with Love and her mother was interesting as well. Fight scene was great as well.

Crocodile

I'm going to be FUCKING MAD if he tries to bullshit his way out and say he didn't see the show.

While I wouldn't be surprised if Genndy had seen TTGL in the years since Jack's first ending, I feel pretty confident that TTGL is not the first show/comic/manga/whatever to have that sort of ending.

/XX/

Oh yeah, and I'm getting married next week. That's sort of important. Maybe once it's all over and I can finally relax, and watch some more of this season's shows.
I wish to both the best in life, and for you to continue here being a gentleman of impeccable taste! :)

AnimeGAF is kinky again and I'm not a part of the conversation this time.
Nah! The true age of smut was ruined too early by the Google Ads overlords, can't compare...

Oh yeah, and I'm getting married next week. That's sort of important. Maybe once it's all over and I can finally relax, and watch some more of this season's shows. I wouldn't mind starting Bahamut, but reactions have been mixed.

I got married six months ago and I'm still waiting for this part to kick in :p. Seriously though, congrats and all the best to you!

lbsa

Boruto - 08

You know how lame this episode was? So lame that there is a scene of Boruto talking to his own shadow clones.

Sakurada Reset - 08

That's some 4d chess being played by that old witch. I know she can see the future but, does that factor in all the resets or not?

/XX/

Anyone going to FanimeCon 2017 this weekend? I'd love for anyone there to have the possibility of attending the habitual Hiroyuki Yamaga's Q&A session, just in case he shows again the mysterious 3-minute PV for There Is a Reason That We Yawn that was last seen at Connichi 2016.

Sakurada Reset 08

I got super lost in this episode once it seemed like they were jumping through multiple photos and reseting at the same time and somehow saved the witch but not in the same way she saw them saving her and I'm not quite sure how exactly they defeated Eri either despite the explanation.

Cornbread78

Sakurada Reset 08

I got super lost in this episode once it seemed like they were jumping through multiple photos and reseting at the same time and somehow saved the witch but not in the same way she saw them saving her and I'm not quite sure how exactly they defeated Eri either despite the explanation.

Sakurada Reset - 08
That's some 4d chess being played by that old witch. I know she can see the future but, does that factor in all the resets or not?

I wish they had addressed that.

Yeah, it's like they introduced a bunch of new concepts and/or layers to the powers and how they interact.

Kei actually used this layering effect to help the "witch" to escape. At the same time, they acknowledged that the photos they took prior to the reset didn't change and were still present. The same could be said for the multiple "witches" is different timelines in different photos.

lbsa

Yeah, it's like they introduced a bunch of new concepts and/or layers to the powers and how they interact.

Kei actually used this layering effect to help the "witch" to escape. At the same time, they acknowledged that the photos they took prior to the reset didn't change and were still present. The same could be said for the multiple "witches" is different timelines in different photos.

Unrelated but, did Kei receive a photo of that girl that died near the beginning, the one with the stones on the beach?

Cornbread78

Unrelated but, did Kei receive a photo of that girl that died near the beginning, the one with the stones on the beach?

I believe that was one of the photos that was handed to him at the end of the episode; along with the cherry tree picture. I'm sure those will come into play.

That girl died, but the witch said she is not gone and they will meet again. She was the only one that could see into the future after the witch, so I'm guess there is someone that can travel into the past maybe?

Cornbread78

Fairy Tail ep. 99-100
(Eddy, is that you?)

OK, that battle was pretty fun. Gildarts is a beast though... I wish they spent more time on the other fights, but watching Erza go into beast mode was fun at least...
Glad I wasn't the only one trying to figure out who the new guy was the whole time, but now we have 2 new characters? What is going on around here? Let the bad times roll, I guess....

YGO VRAINS! Episode 3

DArkSZYXcAEak9_.jpg:small

Hopefully AI gets some better treatment from Yuusaku, hes so cruel.

Rest of the stuff was just catch up on the story type of things and review. Looking for ward to the next duel..

Man all this talk about the summer season made go look at what's coming and man we are looking at another strong season, but this time less sequel focused. We got a really strong year so far. I feel like I could fill most of my top 10 of the year already.

Of course that take into account that no show this season decides to crash and burn.

JulianImp

Oh, dang it... of course Amazon Japan's global shipping does not include Argentina. Guess I've got to bid farewell to my chances of getting the Kizu BDs anytime before the end of the year at the earliest.

Cornbread78

Ai Yori Aoshi ep. 9-10
Some old craziness for Kaoru, Aoi, Tina and crew. Tina being naked through the storm was pretty interesting stuff and somehow Kaoru held back when he had great "opportunities"....

Man all this talk about the summer season made go look at what's coming and man we are looking at another strong season, but this time less sequel focused. We got a really strong year so far. I feel like I could fill most of my top 10 of the year already.

Of course that take into account that no show this season decides to crash and burn.
If eccentric family continues with this much Benten, it just might :p

Nothing immediately call out to me in the summer.

Except possibly that Vatican show. I'm hoping that my idea of what it'll be ends up being true. But knowing Anime, anything is possible.

Edit: saw the PV and while it told me absolutely nothing the images they were flashing alongside the music gives me hope it'll be good.

I'll likely vote for castlevania too. Even if not entirely Anime.

For new show this summer the hypest one is definitely Welcome to the Ballroom. Considering how I.G handled Haikyu, this could easily be one of this year best show since the material is there for that. One of the best ongoing manga I am reading right now.

BEYBLADE BURST #30 The Winged Snake! Quetziko!

Yes I love these episode in sports anime, I always just need the stress of the responsibility of being a captain shown, so dramatic. I hope Valt feels back to his usual self, everyone agreed for him to be captain, so just be your usual self, dont need to be like kami sama Quon.

Valt Wakiya is hilarious.
DAsRn6JXoAAqblV.jpg:small

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom