• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2017 |OT| Don't be a SukaSuka for Gacha

Status
Not open for further replies.
....there's another seven X sins?
giphy.gif

giphy.gif

I'd post the lewd gifs I have from my review but I don't wanna get banned even if they are censored.

Drifters 07

That was awesome. This is the reason I watch this show: to see Gilles de Rais ripped to shreds by The Sundance Kid shooting a Gatling Gun. I loved everything about this episode, from the fight between Toyohisa and Joan of Arc, to Toyohisa being a freaking madman with his use of Olminu's spells, to Nasu's fight with giant, near-unkillable Gilles de Rais.

I really liked how they tied in actual history to the character's motivations and backstory. It's shown that after Joan was killed, Gilles decided that he would sin so much so he would join her in hell. For those unaware, Gilles de Rais ended up doing some pretty bad stuff after his fighting in the Hundred Years War. Stuff so bad that it makes me sick to my stomach and the details of which I don't want to post here. It's bad. Really, really bad. It's so bad it puts him up there as one of history's greatest monsters. That bad.

I've gotten used to the comedy and even started enjoying some of it, but I did appreciate this episode's focus on only the action. I liked how the Ends turned into salt after they died (Are they NeoGAF members?), and I'm wondering who the leader of The Octobrists is. He's a Drifter, but I wonder who exactly.

Hamst3r

Heartcatch Precure - 7 episodes in - I like this so much more than the first Pretty Cure. It's more appealing to me across the board, but I really like the art style in particular, and the eye-searing colors.

Also enjoyed:
Crusher Joe OVAs - I found it funny every time Joe was on screen, because he's dressed like he's a Gundam.
Shooting Star Gakusaver
Haven't You Heard? I'm Sakamoto - episode 13 - Saw this special was on Crunchyroll. Good job, Japanese boy. Very delicious!

Not as much:
Shadow Skill (1995 & 1996)
Casshern: Robot Hunter (1994) - I'm thinking I just don't like Casshern that much, aside from thinking he's super-cool and wanting to watch him karate chop robots in half all day. I just haven't really enjoyed any iteration of Casshern yet.
Licca: the Mystery Tale of Mysterious Yunia

Kickz

Bleach Ep 345
Z2eVaE9.jpg
JSBxrY5.jpg
d7Ytvd5.jpg

Don't think your pinky should be able to do that

Was funny seeing Karin and Yuzu debating whether Ichigo was masturbating in his room lol. Also kinda convenient Ramen dude has the solution ready for a problem that Ichigo didn't have before he met him.

Forgot to do commentary for the last week or so of episodes I watched. Whoops.Ah well, going to start fresh with today's stuff.

Steins;Gate Episode 12 and 13
And things start going pretty crazy. I somehow had a feeling that this would end up with
Okabe having to save Mayushii from an infinite string of deaths
but it still came as a shock.
And all the not-so-subtle hints that Mayushii was going to get hit by the train made me dread the inevitable. Poor Mayushii. :(
There's so many other mysterious layers going on all at once too. Why is Kurisu considered a threat and what about her death from that alternative timeline? Who is Suzuha and what is her goal? What does Moeka want? Have I reached peak crazy or is it only going to get worse from here?

Zero kara Hajimeru Mahou no Sho Episode 9
For some reason I didn't see that identity reveal coming, even though I probably should have. Is Albus hiding their gender magically somehow or is he just a really good trap? Anywho, it was nice seeing wolf man get redeemed.

Oushitsu Kyoushi Haine Episode 9
I feel like kidnapping a prince can only ever end badly. Also we get to see Haine as a badass!

Fukumenkei Noise Episode 8
Yuzu is too good for Nino. Realistically, there's no chance Nino could be a professional, not with how many times she just loses it and bails.

Jarmel

Banned
I actually generally prefer post-OG Zeon for that added layer of depth. The Zeon certainly have Nazi aspects, but I've always felt their uprising for independence strayed them just far enough from true Nazism that it feels natural to see a more even portrayal. However while the Zeon are sympathetic here, my personal opinion is that the show ultimately decides that Gato, Delaz, etc are not people to admire, but rather pity for being so stuck and clung onto the past.

I generally agree too however it's just somewhat funny. It's obviously setting up the Federation to be the bad guys in Zeta with the Titans.

Why would you punch yourself in the face?

Still better than LWA. dohohohoho

I'm on a Kawamoto binge so I'll be going through 08th MS Team at some point too.
I also want to trigger your memories of the finale.

Watching Tsugumomo is a weird experience, because it's a pretty straightforward Japanese fantasy show, and it'll just randomly become a Brazzers scenario for an scene/episode, and then it'll go back to reminding me of Inuyasha.

Natsume Roku 08

First miss from Natsume this season. The human-youkai romance in this episode felt like it tried to be straightforwardly heartwarming, and yet the series itself has been using the "humans and youkai cannot form long-lasting relationships" deal for so long and in so many episodes that this one just feels really out of place and ill-fitting.

dickroach

trying to catch up on AoT by the weekend and join in on the season 2 hype...
practically every episode has a twist, or at least something surprising.And the end of every episode ends on, not really a cliffhanger, but, something that gets you really hyped for the next episode.
Attack on Titan 1-16
I knew nothing about this show coming in, so every place this story's been going has been interesting. like, I legit thought they killed off the main character a few episodes in.
but so much shit has happened by this point. the whole Battle of Trost arc was great. it's nice that practically all of the gang ended up together in the Survey Corps. and it's also nice that the explanation of what's in that fucking basement that was mentioned in episode 1 is finally coming.

Sorry if that was spoiler-ish but if I hadn't said anything on that remark then others would have.

But, don't worry, I think AoT is excellent and as far as I'm concerned there's so much happening non-stop that getting to the basement isn't some sort of carrot on a stick anyways.

Zero kara Hajimeru Mahou no Sho 08

Welp that's at least two surprises in this episode. Albus is really a girl like some people also watching this suspected and Mr. Wolfman is actually an important character in the story and not just some vengeful evil dude like he was being made out to be at first.

Rokudenashi Majutsu Koushi to Akashic Records 09

How long until Rumia gets kidnapped...again? I'll give it two episodes or maybe they'll switch it up and kidnap Sistin next!!!

Shuumatsu Nani Shitemasuka Isogashii Desuka Sukutte Moratte Ii Desuka 08

Troll-lady basically tells you flat out she wants the D and would love to have children with you and raise a family and he tells her "Can we pretend you never said that?" Wow fuck off bro. I don't like seeing him paired with Cht because their relationship feels more like it should be father-daughter like it is with the other girls even though
it is obvious that she's the reincarnation of the girl he loved who died 500 years ago.

ibyea

Banned
The Laughing Salesman: 2
I like the show, but it's one of those things where overdosing it makes me feel bad, even if I share in its cynicism. Anyways, my favorite moment is the way they represented the boss of a black company using some great animation, and which the character of that story transformed into.

Kado: 2-5
I thought I would like the show. Heck it looked like it was going to be like Arrival, which I really liked. But I began to have an uneasy feeling and as I progressed with the episodes, I realized I hated this show. I hate the way the characters are just some dumbass ideals and not really people. Seriously, what is Shindo but the ideal person who is nonetheless an empty shell of a human being? I hate the stupid scientist with her stupid cutesy act. I hate how the woman negotiator is just another obnoxious anime archetype that was given nothing to do. I hate the way they just shove all the complicated questions under the rug. I hate the smug, self satisfying way that Japan has the moral superiority and wins out over all the other nations. I just think this show has its head so far up its own ass that it thinks it's clever, but it's not, it's disgustingly self indulgent.

Now, I wish I could figure out why this show in particular makes me react so negatively when I have watched worse shows than this, and came out with way less agitated.

So yeah, I am dropping this.

*snip*

Now, I wish I could figure out why this show in particular makes me react so negatively when I have watched worse shows than this, and came out with way less agitated.

Doesn't seem uncommon to be more annoyed when an initially promising show turns sour. And generally speaking one tends to get increasingly fed up with certain tropes or flaws and even if some show isn't a particularly terrible offender you can still snap just then.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Boruto: Naruto Next Generations Episode 9

Okay, I understand that this episode was more focused on character growth but that isn't changing the fact that this storyline has officially devolved into monster of the week territory and is in fact spinning its wheels and it is getting dull quickly.

Boruto Episode 9
tumblr_oqtinkG8JM1qjf3iyo3_540.gif

Omg Boruto and Sarada did the SasuNaru, the whole scene I was like please do it, please.

tumblr_oqtinkG8JM1qjf3iyo5_540.gif

And Boruto is so powerful. I did wish they had uncovered his eye jutsu when Naruto and co were watching.

Cornbread78

Fairy Tail ep. 102-103
Damn, $hit went downhill really fast here. I was pretty shocked about the Nest reveal, but it makes sense after the arc's opening episode. I'm ready for some carnage, then the power of friendship to take over and save the day! I just really hope they don't kill off any characters as was kinda teased......

....there's another seven X sins?

Don't worry. I always get thrown off at how closely titled both shows are, too.

Kado: The Right Answer.

I can't stand the constant switching between 2D animation and CG. It is so, so distracting. Only watched the first two episodes but because of it I am not motivated to keep watching it. Maybe someday.

Finally.

Next episode of Eromanga is a beach one.

But how will they get the imouto to come out into the daylight? She's gonna get sunburned!

Fairy Tail ep. 102-103

Damn, $hit went downhill really fast here. I was pretty shocked about the Nest reveal, but it makes sense after the arc's opening episode. I'm ready for some carnage, then the power of friendship to take over and save the day! I just really hope they don't kill off any characters as was kinda teased......

This looks like filler

blurr

I can't stand the constant switching between 2D animation and CG. It is so, so distracting. Only watched the first two episodes but because of it I am not motivated to keep watching it. Maybe someday.

Their usage of 3DCG for some characters hasn't made much sense for me but I haven't found it bothersome to such an extent. The narrative and the themes overshadow that aspect to a good degree. It's the most interesting show I've seen in a while and in this season.

I thought I would like the show. Heck it looked like it was going to be like Arrival, which I really liked. But I began to have an uneasy feeling and as I progressed with the episodes, I realized I hated this show. I hate the way the characters are just some dumbass ideals and not really people. Seriously, what is Shindo but the ideal person who is nonetheless an empty shell of a human being? I hate the stupid scientist with her stupid cutesy act. I hate how the woman negotiator is just another obnoxious anime archetype that was given nothing to do. I hate the way they just shove all the complicated questions under the rug. I hate the smug, self satisfying way that Japan has the moral superiority and wins out over all the other nations. I just think this show has its head so far up its own ass that it thinks it's clever, but it's not, it's disgustingly self indulgent.

I feel much the same about the show, and dropped it as well.

Cornbread78

The arc after sn't really filler either. It's actually an arc that Hiro didn't have time to make so he had it be Anime-only instead. It gets referenced in the manga.

Wait, how did he not have time to put it in the source material, yet be canon? I'm sure it fits into the story, but that's kind of rare, no?

Rin Daughters of Mmmmmmmmseen 02

We're reaching levels of trashiness that shouldn't even be possible. Events in this episode -

Rin wakes up with a hangover and asks for some water, so Mimi brings some in, drinks it then gives it to her mouth to mouth. And it was actually Vodka because Vodka means water in Russian. And the episode is about some USSR politician after the Berlin Wall fell. Deep

Rin and the assassin girl get into a gunfight in the park in the middle of some dudes run and just shoot around him. This doesn't bother the guy at all, I think he had headphones in.

Rin catches the girl and starts strangling her but then her chest opens up and a claymore (the explosive kind not the sword) materializes and explodes. Then whats-his-face finds Rin in an alley and she looks like she got hit by a fatality because her ribcage and internal organs are busy reforming

Hey I know what those pager things are because I started playing Yakuza 0

There's some angel with Tokyo Ghoul powers killing people and he goes after this girl and the girl tries to give him a blowjob to convince the angel thing to not kill her. He does.

Rin meets some girl and she pours booze into Rin's hand then licks it up. Then they fuck. Then the girl sticks some evidence (?) into her cooch and Rin eats her out to get it. HIGH ART.

Apparently theres some fruit of immortality that only girls can eat and if a guy eats it you turn into an angel. And then the immortal girls and the angels are drawn together sexually so they can fuck and the angel can eat them? Queue midair makeout and groping before Rin tears her clothes and bra open so they can make out/eat and then she impales the angel on some wood or some shit.

STAMPS

blurr

Yikes, Japan/Japanese or not, I like the setup it builds and the way it pushes forward to see how things unfold. Even if the choices themselves aren't reflective of someone/an entity's behaviour IRL, the consequences for every event feels compelling enough along with the questions it brings up.

I get the criticism towards Shindo though.

Joe Molotov

Rin Daughters of Mmmmmmmmseen 02

We're reaching levels of trashiness that shouldn't even be possible. Events in this episode -

Rin wakes up with a hangover and asks for some water, so Mimi brings some in, drinks it then gives it to her mouth to mouth. And it was actually Vodka because Vodka means water in Russian. And the episode is about some USSR politician after the Berlin Wall fell. Deep

Rin and the assassin girl get into a gunfight in the park in the middle of some dudes run and just shoot around him. This doesn't bother the guy at all, I think he had headphones in.

Rin catches the girl and starts strangling her but then her chest opens up and a claymore (the explosive kind not the sword) materializes and explodes. Then whats-his-face finds Rin in an alley and she looks like she got hit by a fatality because her ribcage and internal organs are busy reforming

Hey I know what those pager things are because I started playing Yakuza 0

There's some angel with Tokyo Ghoul powers killing people and he goes after this girl and the girl tries to give him a blowjob to convince the angel thing to not kill her. He does.

Rin meets some girl and she pours booze into Rin's hand then licks it up. Then they fuck. Then the girl sticks some evidence (?) into her cooch and Rin eats her out to get it. HIGH ART.

Apparently theres some fruit of immortality that only girls can eat and if a guy eats it you turn into an angel. And then the immortal girls and the angels are drawn together sexually so they can fuck and the angel can eat them? Queue midair makeout and groping before Rin tears her clothes and bra open so they can make out/eat and then she impales the angel on some wood or some shit.

STAMPS

This was a super interesting show.

The Laughing Salesman: 2
I like the show, but it's one of those things where overdosing it makes me feel bad, even if I share in its cynicism. Anyways, my favorite moment is the way they represented the boss of a black company using some great animation, and which the character of that story transformed into.

Perhaps it is because you had more faith or higher expectations of this show?

i.e. Watching a magical school harem school show and finding out its trash is a whole lot less disappointing than a show that presents itself as smart and turns out it is anything but.

JulianImp

Regarding Kado being a bit of a letdown, I'd say the same as what was posted above: Watching trash and it turning out to be decent is a nice surprise, but if it still sucks then you aren't really surprised. By comparison, watching a show that you think looks promising meander and perform below your expectations is a lot more noticeable.

Watching Tsugumomo is a weird experience, because it's a pretty straightforward Japanese fantasy show, and it'll just randomly become a Brazzers scenario for an scene/episode, and then it'll go back to reminding me of Inuyasha.

I'd recommend the manga over the anime if you ever want to keep following the series, because the series won't ever drop the action-hentai-action loop and it's much easier to skim through the copious amounts of smut there.

Outside of the latest arc, which is a pretty generic tournament setting, the action and adventure parts are pretty decent (if a bit derivative).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom