• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Square Enix Twitter Teasing Possible FFXIII Trilogy Remake (?)

EDMIX

Writes a lot, says very little
When they delayed Versus XIII into oblivion and rolled the assets into the turd that is FF XV is when they lost me as a customer. A proper release would bring me back. It might bring them back too...

Proper release of what? lol

I'm sorry man, you guys don't even fucking know if what was even left from Versus XIII would have even been good, its almost as if some of you have made up a whole fictional game in your heads or something.

Even if we get some "directors cut", I caution anyone on thinking its some radically different game, for all you know the opening is different where Noctis is with that Stella person, kingdom gets attacked, you fight mechs, they separate, he speeds off with his dumbass friends and ohhhhh boy the car broke down (ie the start of FFXV as you know it) annnnnnd the rest of the game is the same.

We just don't have enough context regarding any of that, the writer of the game doesn't even seem to care btw as he feels FFXV is faithful to what was written about FF Versus XIII

So I don't really buy that the BEST PART of that whole game was just left behind, maybe it really wasn't that good of a game man

If we ever get some remaster, directors cut etc, don't get your hopes up, FFXVI didn't have any of that and was still "meh"

For all you know, that really is how FF Versus XIII was going to be received, to hype it up like "would bring me back", how do you know you'd like what the actual, REAL version of that game was going to be though? So folks make it sound like all the bad in FFXV is based on its current director and its like, you don't even fucking know WHAT those elements are that he added that wasn't even in the original to cry over it.

Maybe.....just maybe FF Versus XIII was going to be bad and maybe we only got FFXV because of a director that put in all the important elements to actually make a final game and people's reaction is what likely would have been if it was still "Versus XIII"

I know man, I was hype for it too from the very first trailer, when I was first learning Japanese, I did so JUST to read some the articles regarding this game, read up on all the leaks etc ,but realistically, I must concede that maybe, objectively what was being talked about based on its core concept, really is what released with FFXV. Maybe what we think it was going to be, is not feasible based on the level of hype that was around the game for so long, I mean, you had people fucking saying the tone of the game was darker...you saw 1 fucking trailer and spent years acting is if THAT WHOLE THING was the whole game, yet we see its merely 1 scene, that is what this type of hype can do.

but I digress

ZehDon

Gold Member
26849922_1898393233823640_1289722162046309758_o.jpg
giphy-8.gif

yazenov

Im In. I've played only part 1 and want to replay it again along with the sequels.

Last edited:

Hudo

Eh, a simple visual upgrade to the HD-2D style would be nice. No need for Horii and the Gooch, honestly.
You say that as if they wouldn't try to meddle with it somehow. I don't trust Square to "just" make a HD-2D port.

But I am not against being pleasantly surprised.

West Texas CEO

GAF's Nicest Lunch Thief and Nosiest Dildo Archeologist
You say that as if they wouldn't try to meddle with it somehow. I don't trust Square to "just" make a HD-2D port.

But I am not against being pleasantly surprised.
Yeah, they'd probably make an option to turn Crono into a girl, lol

Last edited:

Seyken

When they delayed Versus XIII into oblivion and rolled the assets into the turd that is FF XV is when they lost me as a customer. A proper release would bring me back. It might bring them back too...
Yes, it lost you and many more people. FF15 sold very well, but it eroded a lot of the consumer's trust.

You're telling me if it was up to you we wouldn't get FF7 Part 3 with Tifa being the lead for half the game? The only approved bait-and-switch in the history of gaming?

TBvgN0S.jpeg

No, sir. No.

This will never do.

I’m out, the 2nd game was a convoluted mess way too much going on.
I will watch a video on YouTube of the story and save my money. I feel like a sucker for spending $70 on this game.

If we ever get some remaster, directors cut etc, don't get your hopes up, FFXVI didn't have any of that and was still "meh"

Ah, but they did that - the Royal Edition.

As for FF13 (and 9)... I have to assume at best we are talking about like the Crisis Core remaster. A/A+ budget at max, bit better graphics, maybe voice acting for 9. But nothing major. Oh and it'll be $50, $60.

What Square did for FF7 is just a one time thing.

Seyken

Never got the FF15 hate boner, but I cannot deny its existence and that it's real.

Me and many other people waited (no exaggeration) 10 years for that game to come out. It oozed with style and potential and it seemed like the future of Final Fantasy. It had one of the biggest marketing campaigns I've seen to this day, including a CG movie, a short anime series and MULTIPLE demos. Hironobu Sakaguchi himself appeared on a Square Enix stage for the first time after leaving the company to endorse the game. It was that big, seriously pushing to be the new FF7 moment.

Then the game comes out and...what do you know, it's the definition of mediocre and clearly a rushed product. From the stories that people have gathered ever since, we know that what we got was basically a miracle put together in 3 years with prayers and duct tape, not resembling at all the original presentations of the game, especially if you played during launch (chapter 13, anyone?).

So yeah, the game is a 6-7, but people hate on it because it could've been so much more, and you can tell there are hints of greatness there, it just wasn't executed. It also tarnished the franchise for a lot of people and Square has been trying to recover from the blow ever since.

Last edited:
Top Bottom