• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Stampede: Racing Royale - 60 Player Kart Racer by Sumo Digital Available Now on Steam / Xbox for Free

nikos

Played a few rounds and it's fun so far. Reminds me of ModNation racers for some reason, even though I don't really remember how that game played. There's a good amount of customization and a kart mastery system.

Supports ultrawide on PC. Haven't tried Steam Deck yet but supposedly it runs well. Only negative is 60 FPS cap but it's not too bad for this. I'd also like to see some more camera related settings.

Game is free to play, and they've given everybody a bunch of currency since the real money store isn't up yet. You can use that to grab the battle pass + more. There's a Dave the Diver bundle that's also free.

Last edited:

kevboard

seems cool. sadly no cross save currently, which is a shame.

it has crossplay however.

I just played the 3 introduction rounds on Steam Deck, and it runs decent. not a locked 60fps, but close enough I'd say.

nikos

Girlfriend saw me playing. Demanded to try. Picked up an item, somehow hit herself with it. Tried to drift, ended up going in the wrong direction. Handed back a sweaty controller after a few races. :|

Punished Miku

Human Rights Subscription Service
Its not bad. 60 car races make it feel super casual. You do series of 3 races so you could pop into this game for 10 min if you want and clear three races and then play a different game and you might enjoy it. Some tracks are too simplistic but a couple actually make you drift and have multiple routes. Nothing even close to as technical as Sonic racing but free I might play this for a couple days to see all the tracks if its not too boring.

Top Bottom