• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Stanley Parable (Half Life 2 mod) |OT| Philosophy 101 in Source

Shiggy

Danne-Danger said:
No you need the SDK, it's like a gig's worth of content if you have HL2 installed. That's what I had to download at least.

The first post says "Note that you need either Half Life 2 or the Source SDK Base 2007 to play it, as it uses the same assets."

Edit: So now it finally works.

The Half-Life 2 part was my favourite...I thought the game crashed when I ended up in that level :D

-COOLIO-

The Everyman
this gave me a cool idea for a game.

itd be cool if you cooould fight against the narrator for real. like using saves/loads to acquire information you weren't suppose to have, or lowering the fps in the console to make split second decisions, or pausing to do... i dunno, but you get the idea

-COOLIO-

The Everyman
maybe you could raise the brightness to see in a dark room....

basically, anything meta/4th wall breaking

Chinner said:
you're right that is a really cool idea.

right on, make it and ill play it

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Sorry to necrobump, but I'm trying to install the mod and I'm not sure why it's not working.

I extracted the directory into the sourcemod folder and it shows up in Steam as an installed game, but when I click "Play" in Steam, nothing happens.

I also downloaded the Source SDK manually to try to see if that was the problem but it didn't fix the problem.

Ah, never mind. Even though the readme says Source SDK is okay, it does need 2007.

Top Bottom