• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Fox 64 3D |OT| Online? Can't let you do that, Star Fox!

WillyFive

SF642.jpg

Billychu said:
I called this a week ago. Deal with it.

qjeGT.png

6senF.jpg

jk3cZ.jpg

Publisher: Nintendo
Developer: Nintendo EAD
Q-Games
System: Nintendo 3DS
Genre: Arcade Shooter
Players: 1 (Campaign, Score Attack, Multiplayer with bots), 2-4 (Single card local multiplayer only)
Release Date: NA: September 9
EU: September 9
AUS: September 15
JPN: July 14
Rating: ESRB E10+
PEGI 7
USK 12
OFLC PG
CERO A

9jCYO.jpg

Many years ago, a brilliant scientist named Dr. Andross Oikonny was the star of the Cornerian science scene. But eventually he tired of the peaceful research projects he was given and began to perform his own experiments in what interested him most: biological weapons. When the Cornerian government caught word of his twisted experiments Andross was exiled to the remote planet of Venom, a harsh world of dead ruins and poison seas.

Many years passed until rumors began to spread, first whispers, then a low panic. Andross’s experiments were continuing. The Cornerian government dispatched the ace mercenary team Star Fox to investigate and if possible, shut down his mad experiments once and for all. The team consisted of James McCloud, Peppy Hare, and Pigma Dengar. Once the team arrived at Venom a trap was sprung! Pigma was on Andross’s payroll and took James and Peppy by surprise. James’s Arwing was destroyed and is all but certainly dead. Peppy managed to escape, both his ship, and his mind broken and battered from the turn of events. He returned to Corneria to raise Jame’s son, Fox.

Now, years later (while the Cornerian military has done fuck all) Andross has almost completely taken over the Lylat system. Corneria, the jewel of the system is all that’s left and is quickly falling. They manage to get a distress signal out to the solar system’s last hope: the new and improved Star Fox team!

ESyOO.jpg

Fox McCloud is the new leader of the Star Fox team. Although he’s very young, he can fly circles around all but the most elite pilots. His leadership is essential to the mission; if he is shot down, all is lost.

Peppy Hare is the team’s most veteran member, having served on the original team that met it’s doom on Venom all those years ago. Peppy is always quick to remind Fox of his training and sometimes can’t help giving Fox basic pointers over the radio. His years of combat experience mean that he can often spot an enemy’s weak points. If Peppy tells you to do something, you should listen.

Slippy Toad is better suited to the Great Fox’s hangar repairing an Arwing rather than flying it, but this mission is too important to go without a full team. Slippy often bites off more than he can chew and will often be chased by large groups of enemies. Don’t think he’s useless, though, because he can analyze the shield strength of Andross’s commanders, letting you know how much more damage they can take.

Falco Lombardi is the team’s hotshot and might even be a better pilot than Fox. He’s a bit cocky and has a rivalry, albeit a friendly one, with Fox. Falco’s specialty is purely combat. He’s the most likely to help thin out the enemy’s numbers and helping him can even lead to a certain famous shortcut behind a certain waterfall.

cz6Tg.jpg

Corneria is the “capital world” of the Lylat system where all culture, science, and military powers are situated. Luckily, being so far away from Venom, it’s the last planet under attack. It’s very Earth-like and you fly over oceans, through cities, and in valleys. Your actions can then lead you to either Meteo or Sector Y.

Meteo is the asteroid belt surrounding Corneria. Andross has some of his troops here, but your biggest danger is the asteroids themselves. Scientific teams have noticed irregularities in space-time here, so watch out for any sort wormholes. Your actions can lead you to either Fortuna or Katina.

Sector Y is an area of space with very strong electro magnetic readings. Unfortunately for Andross a freak surge managed to destroy a large portion of the dreadnoughts he brought through here to attack Corneria. You can choose different paths through this level, but only an ace pilot will be able to unlock the hidden path to Aquas. Otherwise you proceed to Katina.

Katina is a remote military outpost on a backwater planet which explains why the invasion has only just begun here. On this day, the Cornerian military will fight for their independence (get it?). Although the planet is relatively unimportant, a certain friend from Fox’s academy days is rumored to be stationed here, and he might make a good wingman if you can give him a hand. Your actions can lead you to either Sector X or Solar.

Fortuna is an icy planet currently under the terraforming process by Corneria. Distressing reports have been heard that an infiltration team has planted a bomb in the facility and Andross’s most elite squad is protecting it... Your actions can lead you to either Solar or Sector X.

Aquas is a water world, the civilization that lived here is now buried under the waves. What could Andross possibly want here? There’s nothing but ruins...and monstrous creatures of the deep. Your actions can lead you to either Solar or Zoness.

Solar is the Lylat system’s sun. Good thing Arwings can take temperatures up to 9,000 degrees! Get in, get out, and blow things up as quickly as you can because your shields can barely take the heat and regardless of your performance you can only proceed to Macbeth.

Sector X is a ship graveyard. It is swarming with Andross’s troops. What sort of device can he be hiding here? Depending on how fast your trigger finger is you’ll either head on to Titania or Sector Z.

Zoness was once a beautiful resort world, now Andross’s factories pollute the seas and air. The stealthy approach to Venom will take you through Sector Z. Otherwise you’ll head to Macbeth.

Titania is a desert world full of the fossils and bones of massive creatures. But even Andross couldn’t resurrect one of these massive monsters...right? Your actions can lead you to either Macbeth or Bolse.

Macbeth is the heart of Andross’s factories. A massive train is making a supply run to his main facility. Can the Landmaster tank take it out in time? An...explosive conclusion will take you to the heart of Andross’s fleet in Area 6. Otherwise you’ll have to fly to Bolse and take out his defensive satellite.

Sector Z is an empty area of space. Perfect for sneaking through to get to Venom. Unless that’s what Andross was expecting and laid a trap to cripple the Great Fox? Keep the Great Fox at full strength and take the fight to Andross’s home at Area 6 or head out on your own to Bolse.

Bolse is Andross’s defensive satellite. No one can enter Venom without going through his fleet or Bolse. The satellite’s core is protected by an energy shield and it’s rumored Andross’s elite squadron is ready for a rematch. Now there’s nothing left between you and Venom!

Area 6 is the heart of Venom’s fleet. You’ll be facing squadrons of fighers, defensive platforms, carrier ships, and battleships while cutting your way through minefields and supply lines. The Great Fox can provide fire support and I suggest you make the most of it. After this you’re at Andross’s front door. Onwards to Venom!

Venom 1. If you came from Bolse you have to fight through Venom’s ground forces through several different paths to make it to Andross’s base. But something doesn’t seem right... was the the right way?

Venom 2. Star Wolf is not letting you off easy. Be prepared for the hardest fight of your life. Each member of their team is an ace pilot and their ships are better. But if you prevail, you’ll catch Andross off guard and finish him off once and for all!

bxkdf.jpg

M43bV.jpg

mm2V9.png

xYfhU.png

WnNxr.jpg

equMl.jpg

Review scores go here

6ZC1D.jpg

Normal
Corneria
Meteo
Sector Y
Katina
Fortuna
Aquas
Solar
Sector X
Zoness
Titiania
Macbeth
Sector Z
Bolse
Area 6
Venom

Expert
Corneria
Meteo
Sector Y
Katina
Fortuna
Aquas
Solar
Sector X
Zoness
Titiania
Macbeth
Sector Z
Bolse
Area 6
Venom

Willy105 said:

STAR FOX 64 3D on Nintendo 3DS

Coming Sept. 9th to the US and EU (Sept. 15 for Australia) | Red Nintendo 3DS coming same day as Star Fox​

Nnthj.jpg

Kurdel

Banned
I played to original to death. Like a million trillion times.

But I guess my OoT machine can finally serve a different purpose!

I'll probably pick it up sometime after the big holiday rush. But I'll probably be out one day and realize I want to play the best Star Fox and pick it up.

I don't think anyone realizes how much I loved this VHS back in the day...

Edit: And I just realized I fail because I didn't click the big picture in the OP! :(

Vercimber

Is this on the Genesis? What the hell is Nintendo thinking these days? [/sarcasm]

I'm excited and picking this up on the 9th.

Tyeforce

I'm so excited for this, I never really played the original. And it's going to make StreetPass meetups so much more fun!

I'm gonna go to all the Targets around my area tomorrow to see if any of them are selling this game early. They dun goof'd with Ocarina of Time 3D, so let's see if they'll do the same with Start Fox 64 3D. I expect there to be some slip ups since it's Nintendo's first Friday release. Surely there will be a handful of retailers putting them out for sale on Tuesday.

Salsa

well i for one dont get the hate at all besides the crappy camera and local mp

game is gonna be awesome, Star Fox 64 is awesome and there's no reason for the people who enjoyed OOT 3D to complain about this really.

Luigi87

I am psyched for this -- though I've listened to the OST on YouTube, and I don't much care for the changes to Boss B and Boss C...
Hopefully will sound better on 3DS <.<

VGChampion said:
Yeah right. OT's are much better small. No one wants those big humongous things that people praise for the first 20 pages.
Ah so one you made previously didn't get praise huh?.
It's ok my friend. Tomorrow is a new day. Keep your head up.
"Good luck."

Septimius

Going to skip this. As much as I love the game, it irks me that this is the 3rd game worth considering on the 3DS, and it's the second remake. I have OOT3D, and that's as far as I'll go with supporting the remake galore future of gaming we're walking into.

Boney

Banned
I'll get this!

when it's cheaper

good bye starfox, you can go meet f zero and wave race in dead ip heaven

Poyunch

Oh man I just noticed this game comes out on the day of The Second Annual Big Live Live Show: Live.

Well fuck. Going to have to buy the game after the show.

Emitan

I called this a week ago. Deal with it.

qjeGT.png

6senF.jpg

jk3cZ.jpg

Publisher: Nintendo
Developer: Nintendo EAD
Q-Games
System: Nintendo 3DS
Genre: Arcade Shooter
Players: 1 (Campaign, Score Attack, Multiplayer with bots), 2-4 (Single card local multiplayer only)
Release Date: NA: September 9
EU: September 9
AUS: September 15
JPN: July 14
Rating: ESRB E10+
PEGI 7
USK 12
OFLC PG
CERO A

9jCYO.jpg

Many years ago, a brilliant scientist named Dr. Andross Oikonny was the star of the Cornerian science scene. But eventually he tired of the peaceful research projects he was given and began to perform his own experiments in what interested him most: biological weapons. When the Cornerian government caught word of his twisted experiments Andross was exiled to the remote planet of Venom, a harsh world of dead ruins and poison seas.

Many years passed until rumors began to spread, first whispers, then a low panic. Andross’s experiments were continuing. The Cornerian government dispatched the ace mercenary team Star Fox to investigate and if possible, shut down his mad experiments once and for all. The team consisted of James McCloud, Peppy Hare, and Pigma Dengar. Once the team arrived at Venom a trap was sprung! Pigma was on Andross’s payroll and took James and Peppy by surprise. James’s Arwing was destroyed and is all but certainly dead. Peppy managed to escape, both his ship, and his mind broken and battered from the turn of events. He returned to Corneria to raise Jame’s son, Fox.

Now, years later (while the Cornerian military has done fuck all) Andross has almost completely taken over the Lylat system. Corneria, the jewel of the system is all that’s left and is quickly falling. They manage to get a distress signal out to the solar system’s last hope: the new and improved Star Fox team!

ESyOO.jpg

Fox McCloud is the new leader of the Star Fox team. Although he’s very young, he can fly circles around all but the most elite pilots. His leadership is essential to the mission; if he is shot down, all is lost.

Peppy Hare is the team’s most veteran member, having served on the original team that met it’s doom on Venom all those years ago. Peppy is always quick to remind Fox of his training and sometimes can’t help giving Fox basic pointers over the radio. His years of combat experience mean that he can often spot an enemy’s weak points. If Peppy tells you to do something, you should listen.

Slippy Toad is better suited to the Great Fox’s hangar repairing an Arwing rather than flying it, but this mission is too important to go without a full team. Slippy often bites off more than he can chew and will often be chased by large groups of enemies. Don’t think he’s useless, though, because he can analyze the shield strength of Andross’s commanders, letting you know how much more damage they can take.

Falco Lombardi is the team’s hotshot and might even be a better pilot than Fox. He’s a bit cocky and has a rivalry, albeit a friendly one, with Fox. Falco’s specialty is purely combat. He’s the most likely to help thin out the enemy’s numbers and helping him can even lead to a certain famous shortcut behind a certain waterfall.

cz6Tg.jpg

Corneria is the “capital world” of the Lylat system where all culture, science, and military powers are situated. Luckily, being so far away from Venom, it’s the last planet under attack. It’s very Earth-like and you fly over oceans, through cities, and in valleys. Your actions can then lead you to either Meteo or Sector Y.

Meteo is the asteroid belt surrounding Corneria. Andross has some of his troops here, but your biggest danger is the asteroids themselves. Scientific teams have noticed irregularities in space-time here, so watch out for any sort wormholes. Your actions can lead you to either Fortuna or Katina.

Sector Y is an area of space with very strong electro magnetic readings. Unfortunately for Andross a freak surge managed to destroy a large portion of the dreadnoughts he brought through here to attack Corneria. You can choose different paths through this level, but only an ace pilot will be able to unlock the hidden path to Aquas. Otherwise you proceed to Katina.

Katina is a remote military outpost on a backwater planet which explains why the invasion has only just begun here. On this day, the Cornerian military will fight for their independence (get it?). Although the planet is relatively unimportant, a certain friend from Fox’s academy days is rumored to be stationed here, and he might make a good wingman if you can give him a hand. Your actions can lead you to either Sector X or Solar.

Fortuna is an icy planet currently under the terraforming process by Corneria. Distressing reports have been heard that an infiltration team has planted a bomb in the facility and Andross’s most elite squad is protecting it... Your actions can lead you to either Solar or Sector X.

Aquas is a water world, the civilization that lived here is now buried under the waves. What could Andross possibly want here? There’s nothing but ruins...and monstrous creatures of the deep. Your actions can lead you to either Solar or Zoness.

Solar is the Lylat system’s sun. Good thing Arwings can take temperatures up to 9,000 degrees! Get in, get out, and blow things up as quickly as you can because your shields can barely take the heat and regardless of your performance you can only proceed to Macbeth.

Sector X is a ship graveyard. It is swarming with Andross’s troops. What sort of device can he be hiding here? Depending on how fast your trigger finger is you’ll either head on to Titania or Sector Z.

Zoness was once a beautiful resort world, now Andross’s factories pollute the seas and air. The stealthy approach to Venom will take you through Sector Z. Otherwise you’ll head to Macbeth.

Titania is a desert world full of the fossils and bones of massive creatures. But even Andross couldn’t resurrect one of these massive monsters...right? Your actions can lead you to either Macbeth or Bolse.

Macbeth is the heart of Andross’s factories. A massive train is making a supply run to his main facility. Can the Landmaster tank take it out in time? An...explosive conclusion will take you to the heart of Andross’s fleet in Area 6. Otherwise you’ll have to fly to Bolse and take out his defensive satellite.

Sector Z is an empty area of space. Perfect for sneaking through to get to Venom. Unless that’s what Andross was expecting and laid a trap to cripple the Great Fox? Keep the Great Fox at full strength and take the fight to Andross’s home at Area 6 or head out on your own to Bolse.

Bolse is Andross’s defensive satellite. No one can enter Venom without going through his fleet or Bolse. The satellite’s core is protected by an energy shield and it’s rumored Andross’s elite squadron is ready for a rematch. Now there’s nothing left between you and Venom!

Area 6 is the heart of Venom’s fleet. You’ll be facing squadrons of fighers, defensive platforms, carrier ships, and battleships while cutting your way through minefields and supply lines. The Great Fox can provide fire support and I suggest you make the most of it. After this you’re at Andross’s front door. Onwards to Venom!

Venom 1. If you came from Bolse you have to fight through Venom’s ground forces through several different paths to make it to Andross’s base. But something doesn’t seem right... was the the right way?

Venom 2. Star Wolf is not letting you off easy. Be prepared for the hardest fight of your life. Each member of their team is an ace pilot and their ships are better. But if you prevail, you’ll catch Andross off guard and finish him off once and for all!

bxkdf.jpg

M43bV.jpg

mm2V9.png

xYfhU.png

WnNxr.jpg

equMl.jpg

Review scores go here

6ZC1D.jpg

Normal
Corneria
Meteo
Sector Y
Katina
Fortuna
Aquas
Solar
Sector X
Zoness
Titiania
Macbeth
Sector Z
Bolse
Area 6
Venom

Expert
Corneria
Meteo
Sector Y
Katina
Fortuna
Aquas
Solar
Sector X
Zoness
Titiania
Macbeth
Sector Z
Bolse
Area 6
Venom

StuBurns

Banned
Two OTs? I don't understand how GAF decides who is making these threads, but there has been a communication breakdown.

Luigi87

StuBurns said:
Two OTs? I don't understand how GAF decides who is making these threads, but there has been a communication breakdown.

Because when OTs merge, you see in THREE-DEE!

Edit: Oh yeah, and nice job on that OP.

WillyFive

SalsaShark said:
i really dont understand this like moral pride or whatever people get when doing an OT, is it like some sort of attention thing?

It feels good.

It's like you're helping out.

Top Bottom