• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Fox 64 3D |OT| Online? Can't let you do that, Star Fox!

kehs

Banned
SalsaShark said:
i really dont understand this like moral pride or whatever people get when doing an OT, is it like some sort of attention thing?

Me neither

but I suddenly feel the urge to create a grass roots movement to support my thread as the true OT.

Salsa

Willy105 said:
It feels good.

It's like you're helping out.

I know but to like go all "DIBS" after someone already made one, i dont get why it gets that far

i think some people like showing off how BIG FANS of the game they are, like putting together images and whatnot makes you like a game more than any other person :p

i do like making OTs when i get the chance btw, i just dont fight for it

edit: and im speaking in general! not just to you billychu

SalsaShark said:
I know but to like go all "DIBS" after someone already made one, i dont get why it gets that far

i think some people like showing off how BIG FANS of the game they are, like putting together images and whatnot makes you like a game more than any other person :p

I honestly expected a BruceLeeRoy-type OP for a game of this magnitude. Disappointment on all fronts.

Boney

Banned
SalsaShark said:

billychu should get banned

WillyFive

SalsaShark said:

If I know about them, I will respect "Dibs", but those usually get lost in long threads, and if I want to talk about a game that no one has done an OT for it, I'll just do one myself.

Still debating getting this, will wait for some GAF impressions.
eKl33.jpg

qq more

I almost want to make another OT just for laughs but I don't want to get into trouble. :lol

Cool OT post, by the way.

Emitan

SalsaShark said:
Basically yeah. It's my second favorite game of all time so I really wanted to make the OT and it seemed like no one else wanted to so I called dibs on it in a thread and no one else objected.

Boney said:
billychu should get banned
But I'm busy viraling SWTOR for Bioware!

I've been lucky enough to have been playing through this early and I love it. Starfox 64 was one of my favorite games of all time when it origially launched, mind.

I've got all the medals on both Nintendo 3DS and Nintendo 64 modes - they've added a rebalanced mode for the 3DS controls which feels a bit easier as well as included the regular N64 mode unchanged - and I'm now starting on Expert Mode which is identical to the N64 version's Expert Mode also.

The lack of online sucks ass, but if you're looking for a story-based game with some good score attack options where you can play in five or ten minute chunks, this is ideal.

Rerecorded VA feels good and mostly true to the original. Some voices are better (I prefer Falco here for instance) but some aren't quite right (Pigma in particular)

Looks absolutely amazing in motion and works well in 3D with the slider about halfway up for me. I dug out my old cart and played side by side and also watched some YouTube videos to remember how to best get some of the medals and what really strikes me is how damn dark the N64 game is. This is far more vibrant and beautiful by comparison, and it's really cool to see big explosions like the Macbeth ending actually rendered as proper explosions now rather than giant spheres of light.

Salsa

Billychu said:
Basically yeah. It's my second favorite game of all time so I really wanted to make the OT and it seemed like no one else wanted to so I called dibs on it in a thread and no one else objected.

i wanted to say something more along the lines of:

like if putting together images and whatnot made you like a game more than any other person

but i get it

Salsa

Gravijah said:
i really dont understand this like moral pride or whatever people get when doing an OT, is it like some sort of attention thing?

i was posting this as a joke YOU SILLY

Seda

Gravijah said:

I think it's about the fact that it takes some work to compile an OT's OP. Don't want that work to be for nothing.

(BTW I have a Kirby Mass Attack OT made already no one else better post one next week :p)

Top Bottom