• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Trek |OT?| (the game)

Sooo, this comes out tomorrow...I'll wait for a price drop but I will get it eventually.

Any of you trekkies stoked? Kirk and Spock are in it.

Skytylz

Banned
I'll be back home for a week or two soon and I"ll probably rent it and play through it with my little brother. I watched those recent videos from IGN or wherever of it and it looked ok, nothing amazing but it's still Star Trek so I'll deal with the mediocrity.

I'm interested, a licensed game can be entertaining if it clones a big budget game the right way (Wolverine). I'm sure it'll be mediocre though, hopefully easy trophies

Chris_C

I'm more stoked than I expected. I just hope it does well enough to justify more Trek games, and a greater investment in them.

There's a Star Trek game coming out?

I saw a pre-order case at EB at the mall earlier today, that was the first I'd even heard of it.

Don't exactly have high expectations right now.

It seems like a perfect rental, if the gameplay is at least as solid as Mass Effect 2.

I can't imagine dropping a dull $60 on this game unless the gameplay videos I've seen have really undersold the experience.

Takao

Banned
There's a Star Trek game coming out?

I saw a pre-order case at EB at the mall earlier today, that was the first I'd even heard of it.

Don't exactly have high expectations right now.

It's been in development for years rather than months, and is from Digital Extremes, a studio who's put out some solid games. It definitely won't be the worst licensed game of the year, but probably not the best either.

I will buy if it gets a Giant Bomb and Gamespot, recommending review. 8 or greater, and 4 stars. Otherwise i will wait for bomba pricing.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
people said it was like mass effect. Does it have dialogue trees and let me chill in the enterprise/normandy?

That would be the game it should be. This doesn't seem like that game.

Big-E

Every time I look at that game, it makes me want a ST RPG (akin to KoTOR).

I would take this or a Walking Dead style adventure game. Walking Dead was all about choice and a Star Trek game where you are a captain would be great for that. Sending people to die constantly and the like.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
Every time I look at that game, it makes me want a ST RPG (akin to KoTOR).

I would totally love a ST RPG that was like Mass Effect, but there's more time spent on the ship than in the field...and there are ship battles.

boingball

This is the OT? Nice work.

As a Trekkie might buy it from the bargain bin. Looks a little bit like ME which is not a bad thing. I expect an average Metacritic of 60% at most.

Will there be any reviews soon? I really want this to be decent, give me an 8 and you're all mine.

Also, where is the digital only prequel and phaser/move add-on hmmm?

I kind of want to get it. The promo videos make it look like it's fun but at $50 for a licensed game that could be buggy as hell, I think I'll wait for reviews.

Hope it's good.

I'll be picking it up. So I guess I'll be the guinea pig.

Also if any of the devs are listening, a great DLC would be a way to make the gorn all look like they did in the original series.
StarTrek-Gorn.jpg

Karak

The game sure got downgraded visually since then as well.

Game looks a bit rough but my brother buying almost every star trek game he can find so I will probably play this eventually.

First thing I noticed and I am seeing right now.
It is a step down.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I wish someone would get the Star Trek license just to put up Bridge Commander and Elite Force.

I'd like a Star Trek game in the style of The Walking Dead with an all new cast.

I'll be picking it up. So I guess I'll be the guinea pig.

Also if any of the devs are listening, a great DLC would be a way to make the gorn all look like they did in the original series.
StarTrek-Gorn.jpg

I'd buy that! It'll be fascinating to see how they explain in-universe just like how they explain the klingon ridge change.

Andrew.

Banned
I saw some footage of it at the local GS and it looked like a B-style Mass Effect.

Will wait on it. I'm no Star Trek fan either.

Epcott

LoL oh man... I was wondering when the OT for this would show up. Its gorgeous.

I suppose it's fitting it would appear a few hours before release rather than a week before, for a game like this.

Top Bottom