• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars Jedi Survivor rated for last-gen consoles, suggesting release date news could arrive soon

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?

Last-gen console versions of Star Wars Jedi: Survivor have been rated, suggesting EA may share release plans for the products in the near future.

According to VGC contributor Andrew Marmo, Respawn’s sequel was recently classified for Xbox One and PS4 in Brazil.

While this don’t necessarily mean a product release is imminent, fans could receive news on when the game will be making the jump to new platforms soon.

EA announced plans to bring Star Wars Jedi: Survivor to PS4 and Xbox One last August.

Punished Miku

Human Rights Subscription Service
I just beat it recently. Environments look very impressive at times. Better than stuff I saw in FFXVI honestly. It will be interesting to see how this port is accomplished.

intbal

Perhaps they just converted the level geometry, textures, models, and scripting to the Fallen Order version of the engine. That would explain the delayed release. And it's a version that already works on the 8th gen machines.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
The game runs considerably better now on PS5/Series in Performance mode, I can easily see that version at DRS 900p~/30 FPS and cut-back geometry etc on PS4/XBO and maybe a little better on Pro and One X.

Last edited:

kruis

Exposing the sinister cartel of retailers who allow companies to pay for advertising space.
Bruv. At least update the visuals in perf mode on current gen pls. Playing it a year later and it's still not looking up to snuff 🙁

The last official patch for Jedi Survivor was released back in January. The devs used to release a new patch almost every month but after January there was only the sound of crickets. But the SteamDB shows that they're working on a new patch. I hope that the CPU/GPU optimizations needed to create last gen versions will transfer to current gen and PC in the patch they're currently working on.

tommib

Gold Member
The Switch version will run at 120p
They’re releasing this for the Switch? My god.

fire no GIF by FOX Sports: Watch. Enjoy. Repeat.

Last edited:

justiceiro

Marlboro: Other M
Maybe it's launch game for switch 2 and since they had to downgrade anyway, they included last gen consoles on the release too.

Top Bottom