• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star War Jedi Survivor will get a patch on PC for performance

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
jm637AE.jpeg
lmao. I wonder if all of those performance improvements happened as soon as they removed Denuvo. That was the main issue plaguing RE8 Village on PC IIRC.

I also dont understand why you have to rebuild shaders every time. I dont need to do that in black myth or avatar, Starfield or alan wake. Why do i need to do it on Hogwarts, Callisto, and Star Wars on every single bootup? its so stupid.

winjer

Gold Member
I tried this patch. And it's much better.

A week ago, I tried this game, to check the 24H2 performance.
At that time I found that in the Koboh village, performance was similar. And the stutters were identical to when I had played the game several months ago.
This was probably because I'm GPU bound, with a 6800XT.

But when I went to the the abandoned Jawa village. When I played this part originally, performance would drop to the 60-70 fps. With the GPU with lower usage.
With 24H2 it went above 90 fps. So a pretty big improvement.

Now with this game patch, I get similar performance in the Koboh village. But the stutters are almost all gone. Only when entering the bar, did I see stutters, but even these were minor. Almost unnoticeable, if I didn't have RTSS frame times showing.
In the Jawa section, performance seemed a bit better, closer to 100-105 fps. And now I'm GPU limited. And this part was also very smooth, virtually no stutters.

So this patch, along side with Win11 24H2, is an amazing combo. Higher frame rates and much more stable performance.
This is how the game should have been released.

00_Zer0

Thanks EA, but I'll wait to see reports on the performance after the patch. Plus, it's been almost a year and half after release date so I won't reward them when a full price purchase. It's going to have to go to around $30 or less to bite now.

Gaiff

SBI’s Resident Gaslighter
I also dont understand why you have to rebuild shaders every time. I dont need to do that in black myth or avatar, Starfield or alan wake. Why do i need to do it on Hogwarts, Callisto, and Star Wars on every single bootup? its so stupid.
Do you? I tried Callisto Protocol and don't think I had to rebuild the shaders every time.
I tried this patch. And it's much better.

A week ago, I tried this game, to check the 24H2 performance.
At that time I found that in the Koboh village, performance was similar. And the stutters were identical to when I had played the game several months ago.
This was probably because I'm GPU bound, with a 6800XT.

But when I went to the the abandoned Jawa village. When I played this part originally, performance would drop to the 60-70 fps. With the GPU with lower usage.
With 24H2 it went above 90 fps. So a pretty big improvement.

Now with this game patch, I get similar performance in the Koboh village. But the stutters are almost all gone. Only when entering the bar, did I see stutters, but even these were minor. Almost unnoticeable, if I didn't have RTSS frame times showing.
In the Jawa section, performance seemed a bit better, closer to 100-105 fps. And now I'm GPU limited. And this part was also very smooth, virtually no stutters.

So this patch, along side with Win11 24H2, is an amazing combo. Higher frame rates and much more stable performance.
This is how the game should have been released.
So, they finally fixed it?

winjer

Gold Member
So I did a bit more testing.
The previous report was done with RT disabled.

When I turned RT on, then running around in Koboh, I got several stutters.
But this was because of shader compilation. Running a second time on the same area, most of these stutters are gone.
But entering the bad, I had several stutters. Not as bad as it was before the patch, but noticeable.
Watching the Vram usage, I saw total usage was at 15Gb. With RT off, it was at around 13GB.
So this might be the problem. And I suspect that GPUs with less vram, might suffer even more with RT on.

proandrad

Is the PS5 getting a patch? The game runs like total shit there too.
When was the last time you played? They did a patch last year that increased the resolution and removed ray tracing from the performance mode. Got the game running pretty close to stable 60fps and vastly improved IQ.

winjer

Gold Member
lmao. I wonder if all of those performance improvements happened as soon as they removed Denuvo. That was the main issue plaguing RE8 Village on PC IIRC.

I didn't measure loading times, but I have a strong impression that they now take significantly less time.
And this is usually one of the problems with denuvo. And denuvo has been the cause for stuttering and performance issues in many other games.
So it's very likely that removing denuvo is a good part of the reason why performance is now so much better.

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
Dear EA, fix the horrible traversal stutter in Dead Space while you're at it.
That game was last patched 2 weeks after its release. It is never being touched again.

Star Wars has received like a dozen patches since its release. for some reason, Respawn has the bandwidth to fix it while EA motive has been told to leave DS as is. maybe the pc version didnt sell well.

It's literally the worst PC port ive played. everything from gotham knights to tlou1, hogwarts and now star wars has been fixed post launch, but DS remains atrocious to play.

RCX

That game was last patched 2 weeks after its release. It is never being touched again.

Star Wars has received like a dozen patches since its release. for some reason, Respawn has the bandwidth to fix it while EA motive has been told to leave DS as is. maybe the pc version didnt sell well.

It's literally the worst PC port ive played. everything from gotham knights to tlou1, hogwarts and now star wars has been fixed post launch, but DS remains atrocious to play.
Which sucks, because there's a really great game underneath all that. Wonder if it'll work fine in 10 years or so when the hardware might be able to just brute force its way through?

StereoVsn

I didn't measure loading times, but I have a strong impression that they now take significantly less time.
And this is usually one of the problems with denuvo. And denuvo has been the cause for stuttering and performance issues in many other games.
So it's very likely that removing denuvo is a good part of the reason why performance is now so much better.
And this is why my policy is to wait at least six months or more post release to play a lot of games. I don’t want to deal with this shit.

I got Survivor for free with my CPU and still haven’t played it much. Guess finally it’s time.

CGNoire

Update caused a shit ton of graphical glitches in jedi making it unplayable
13900k 4090

Worst offender being RT lightmaps are now takeing a minute to super slowly fade in. Also there now often flickering in the background. :(

Laptop1991

Same thing happened with Starfield, this is why i no longer buy games on release, you have to wait to get a fully working product on PC, and they know full well it doesn't work properly as well. better late than never i suppose.

Top Bottom