• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars Merch |OT| Chewie, We're Broke.

They changed the text on the sphero signup site. It originally said the reveal was going to be today at midnight, but now it says the 4th.

nfpsQHC.jpg

I am tempted to drop by Best Buy and see if I can get one tomorrow... seems they are on some shelves already.

Lo6NLjO.jpg

You ain't kidding... Best Buy, despite GCU which is awesome. is just about the worst stocked store for those things I can think of. It's absolutely terrible.

Barnes & Noble will have the BB-8 as well on Friday morning. In fact, they will have a lot of stuff that morning if you don't want to hit midnight launches.

Tangentially related but I was at Walmart earlier and they had the Rey's Speeder Lego set out. Unfortunately they wouldn't let me buy it, though. It's all locked until Friday. =(

They are unveiling the LEGO Poe Dameron's X-Wing right now on the stream.

That ship is sexy.

New Sex Wing! Is that windshield a smaller version of the one from the Red Five set? It looks so.

And damn, those new helmets look awesome on the mini figs!

EDIT: okay, this is uncomfortable to watch them attempt to play with the toy.

EDIT 2: B-Wing love in the top fighters of the series video. I am fine with that. B-Wings are awesome.
And I am torn between calling the X-Wing or the TIE Fighter the best fighter of the series.

MattyG

Banned
So do we know what the verdict is on the YA and kids novels? Any worth picking up for those of us who are trying to see everything humanly possible of the new canon?

I'm getting Aftermath for sure, but if I hear good things about those books I'll pick them up too and give them a quick read.

ghostmind

You can always scrub backwards.

Correction though, this isn't the Force FX version. It's a mid-tier version. Still awesome though.

EDIT: apparently this one is a Disney Store exclusive.

Rootbeer

Banned
New Star Wars Elite series figures being shown on the livestream. Disney Store exclusive.... maaaaan I'm so bummed. Disney Store is nowhere near my other Midnight Madness destinations. I'll have to try to grab these on their website.

They are 1/12th scale (6 inches) roughly, the unboxing segment for them was not fully clear. Other figures from this line were shown at D23 (the huge box set that had a bunch of prequel and original trilogy figures, those will be released individually this year too)

They are die cast metal if I heard right. I did not catch a price but these will be more expensive than Hasbro's Black Series for sure. $25-$30?

CN-TrTzUcAA8T9r.png:large

CN-TTz3UEAAbUnJ.jpg:large

Imperial

New Star Wars Elite series figures being shown on the livestream. Disney Store exclusive.... maaaaan I'm so bummed. Disney Store is nowhere near my other Midnight Madness destinations. I'll have to try to grab these on their website.

They are 1/12th scale (6 inches) roughly, the unboxing segment for them was not fully clear. Other figures from this line were shown at D23 (the huge box set that had a bunch of prequel and original trilogy figures, those will be released individually this year too)

They are die cast metal if I heard right. I did not catch a price but these will be more expensive than Hasbro's Black Series for sure. $25-$30?

CN-TrTzUcAA8T9r.png

CN-TTz3UEAAbUnJ.jpg

The Captain Phasma and BB-8 figures looks really cool, but I guess these will be harder to obtain than the Black Series line

Rootbeer

Banned
I think these elite figures will be on disneystore.com at 12:01AM EST on Sept 4th. You can get free shipping with a $75+ order using the code SHIPMAGIC. I am gonna get Phasma, Kylo and probably Rey (cause she comes with BB-8, just like the Black Series version)... maybe 1 more, I dunno if I want the full set right now. They are kinda expensive.

Also yes since these are Disney Store exclusive, they will be rarer to find and more expensive on the aftermarket.

thebeeks

Banned
I'm attending Force Friday. I have a Target and TRU right next to each-other and both are participating. Will be hitting both and scoring as much as I can at midnight.

On this eve of a new trilogy of films and the deluge of merchandise for it... let us remember the days of yore... A long time ago (in the year 1999) when yet another new Trilogy was kicking off:

https://www.facebook.com/yakfacecom/posts/10153227386896799 <-- Gallery

That's pretty cool that they had a little girl playing with Darth Maul's lightsaber.

Calcium

Banned
Hmm, not sure about the BB-8 after seeing it in action. The head doesn't really stay in place like I was hoping it would.

Moff

Hmm, not sure about the BB-8 after seeing it in action. The head doesn't really stay in place like I was hoping it would.

it's not perfect but it's good enough
it's on the livestream right now and I want it

it's a shame I don't like any of the lego sets
I would have wanted the first order star destroyer, but I guess I'll have to wait for that one

Calcium

Banned
BB-8 did look better when the hosts were controlling him and the Sphero ad looked great. I think I'll go ahead and get him.

Peru

It's pretty impressive that the head not only stays in place but is actually moving separately and 'acting' even though it's only kept in place by magnets. Like someone said, we didn't think they could do that on set, nevermind on a toy.

Top Bottom