• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars Merch |OT| Chewie, We're Broke.

Well, went to the Toys R Us at Mt Gravatt QLD and it was abysmal in stock too. They had lego at least, but no bb8, falcon, xwing, shirts, phasma or anything. The larger figures all got snapped up super quick, there was a lot of vader, luke and some jar jar and PT stuff left. The first people in basically grabbed everything then moved to other sections of the store to actually filter what they wanted to buy and left the remainder lying around... ugh.

Walked out empty handed. I'll check out stuff in the CBD tomorrow.

-griffy-

Banned
Oh damn, the Sphero is gonna be at Apple Stores and Target too? That makes three stores right around my work that I can check out.

Sidzed2

Just did Force Friday in Melbourne, Australia. Went to Toys R Us and Target at midnight. TRU had none of the new Force Awakens sets at all, and Target had only the Millennium Falcon, First Order Tie Fighter, and Rey's Speeder.

Nothing else.

They disappeared off the shelves in seconds, but I managed to snag a Millennium Falcon and Tie Fighter. Really wanted Poe's X-Wing but it's nowhere to be found.

Really disappointing and weird.

There were about half a dozen black series figures at TRU, but one bloke literally scooped them off the shelf in one sweeping motion and put them all in his bag. Revolting.

JMizzlin

Well, went to the Toys R Us at Mt Gravatt QLD and it was abysmal in stock too. They had lego at least, but no bb8, falcon, xwing, shirts, phasma or anything. The larger figures all got snapped up super quick, there was a lot of vader, luke and some jar jar and PT stuff left. The first people in basically grabbed everything then moved to other sections of the store to actually filter what they wanted to buy and left the remainder lying around... ugh.

Walked out empty handed. I'll check out stuff in the CBD tomorrow.

A staff member at Aspley said Mt Gravatt got even less stock than us so I can't even imagine. The only Lego they had was a Star Destroyer and that's not even Force Awakens. Did you see a Millennium Falcon?

We're hitting up Big W and Target in the morning. Hopefully a better showing.

Just got to try out the new BB-8 toy. Its pretty fun, Idk if it's $150 worth of fun but if you're a collector I could see why it might sell fast.

Only knock on it is that its extremely small, even the box is about double the size, and when it lights up you can see a perfect circle to where his bottom sphere splits in half. Can be pretty noticeable at times.

I'm reconsidering Toys r us now. I kinda wish I wasn't in the first US time zone so I could see how other people do. Maybe Walmart is the better choice.

Canada gets screwed per usual

Toys R Us has only 11 stores nationwide opening at midnight tonight and those that are just opening regular hours tomorrow won't even have any of the giveaways. They also have no sales at all.

Wal Mart didn't even put anything in their flyer for this week.

Really lame.

Anyone have any experience ordering from the Disney Store to Canada? Shipping seems to be between $25-75 depending on the size and weight of the item and the free shipping over $75 code does not apply for Canadian shipping.

Those Elite figures are in big boxes and heavy, so it's going to cost a lot to ship them. Ugh

Savitar

Checked out Toys R Us the other day, the aisle mostly had nothing there. A few SW items but not much, it was clear they had it empty to prepare for Friday. Both sides were ready to be filled up with things.

Picked up the little model Y Wing and snow vehicle used in Empire Strikes back to go with my Tie Fighter, X-Wing and Falcon.

curb

Banned
Anyone have any experience ordering from the Disney Store to Canada? Shipping seems to be between $25-75 depending on the size and weight of the item and the free shipping over $75 code does not apply for Canadian shipping.

My experience was that they wouldn't ship what I wanted to Canada so I had to send it to a friend in the US. It was a Marvel item though and I've found in general that some places won't ship Marvel merch to Canada. Star Wars might be different though. The ordering experience was good though and it shipped quick but again, to the US.

Black-Series-Phasma-and-Snowtrooper.jpg

Phasma is so hot, way better than the Elite.

Savitar

How rabid will these people be in stores?

I'm worried.

It's Star Wars.

People are hyped.

People are excited.

Oh did I mention collectors, scalpers and more?

The question isn't how rabid they will be. It's how armored will you be to survive.

Kitoro

So, Disney Store is giving pins to first 100 customers.

Do we know what the other retailers are giving out?

sphagnum

Banned
Does the Phasma figure have a removable helmet?

I assume she removes it in the movie, since they cast a "known" actor.

Strangely enough, we still don't actually know whether or not she's always helmeted. There's a leaked still from the movie showing her and Hux looking at a screen and she's wearing the helmet even though they're indoors.

So it's Phasma and the Snowtrooper in Wave 2? I didn't see this part of the stream but I heard rumours Poe and Constable Zuvio were the other two.

Yeah that's wave 2. Hope Phasma is double packed.

Does the Phasma figure have a removable helmet?

I assume she removes it in the movie, since they cast a "known" actor.

Probably not since the helmet looks really good in that pic.

Also, all plastic on the Figuarts Kylo makes all the articulation in the figure pretty pointless. Will stick with Black Series.

Top Bottom