• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars |OT| I have a very good feeling about this...

Danthrax

Batteries the CRISIS!
Grakkus' arc was my favourite as well. It helped that it had by far the best art too.

A move away from the big three and more of a focus on what the Empire/Rebels are doing across the galaxy would be nice. It's not like the book wouldn't sell if they moved the focus to new characters or existing side characters.

that might be what they're afraid of, though.

sphagnum

Banned
Read it too. Just before Lost Stars. Great book and actually the reason I wanted to give Lost Stars a try even though it was a YA book. (And I am anything but Young)

Claudia Grey knows how to write SW novels!

The young adult novels are often better than the adult novels. If you haven't read the Servants of the Empire series, read that.

Just finished #3 of Screaming Citadel. I enjoyed it a lot more than #2. Gillen's dialogue is a lot livelier. Leia, BT and Triple Zero make for an interesting team.

Marvel have an interview with Duane Swierczynski and Fernando Blanco about the Cassian/K2 one-shot.

Duane Swierczynski: I was brought to LucasFilm to read the script and watch some rough footage back in March 2016, a good nine months before the movie opened, which was a real treat—that I couldn't tell a living soul about. The assignment: tell a story about Cassian and K-2SO's first meeting. I thought about it for a while, then went in to pitch the Story Group directly, which was sort of like appearing before the Jedi Council. But it was also incredibly helpful, since I was able to fine-tune some details on the spot. So, the experience was unlike any other that I've had in comics—and one I'd do again in a heartbeat.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
Are there any hints that we get a first order Probe droid?

Please dont forget the spoilertag in either way

latest

One of my favorite designs of the saga

Sayers

I'm usually not a big fan of overt fan service (I thought the walrus guy from the bar in ANH being in Rogue One was really silly) but I am totally ok with R2 and 3PO popping up somewhere in every movie.

Because of course there's 90 "angry" reactions to the Kathleen Kennedy birthday post on the Star Wars Facebook, along with "true fans" whining about her "ruining Star Wars" in the comments.

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
Because of course there's 90 "angry" reactions to the Kathleen Kennedy birthday post on the Star Wars Facebook, along with "true fans" whining about her "ruining Star Wars" in the comments.

That's especially sad since she had done such an amazing job as the head of LucasFilm. The day she retires will be a terrible day for the franchise.

Sayers

My guess is mostly old EU fans.

Don't know why they are so upset though, from what I've heard about some of the comics, the new EU is just as stupid as the old one.

Teggy

I impulse purchased TFA and Rogue One the other night on Amazon streaming. I don't really want to buy movies on physical media anymore and I don't know why it never occurred to do this before. Technically it won't ever be the best quality but it still looks really good and I can watch it on every screen I own any time I feel like it.

Meowster

Nah, it's because she has breasts.

Not sarcasm. That's the reason.
Most of the people I've seen get angry about her claim she's a racist. No clue where that comes from. Maybe I'm just on Tumblr too much but it is weird seeing both sides of the same coin digging in on her.
I love her and the many movies she has been responsible in her career - HBD Kathy.

ok. time to talk.

ANIME.

Anyhoo. Weiss Schwarz (WS) is a Japanese Card game like Magic or Yugioh. Collect cards, make a deck fight. WS is unique in that it is all based on media licenses. Mostly anime, but sometimes video games too. It has evolved from a standard use whatever cards from whatever, into a NEO STANDARD rule set. Your deck must consist of the same show/series/game, as deemed by the company. Thus, WS has become an horrible place where you bring your favorite anime/character to fight against someone else's favorite video game.

They have gotten some neat anime and video games in the past, like Attack on Titan, or love live, or Madoka, or Hatsune Miku, Idolm@ster, or even Puyo Puyo. But these all have something in common. They are all things from Japan. of course, it is a Japan made card game. But now they have secured an american license to play with.

STAR WARS. In a few weeks, we can see strange things like this:

Sure, I guess star wars has had card based games in the past, even right now there's some cool card games for star wars. But since this is a weiss schwarz set, you will be seeing star wars characters fighting against the true enemy of the universe: anime

So yeah, I'm super excited about this (by how absurd it will be). BUT! I don't think you guys really care. I didn't really come here to make ^this^ post. I just started making it and couldn't stop.

I wanted to show you guys the strange art the cards have. I think it's the movie scenes redrawn??? So next post will have a bunch of card art I thought you guys might enjoy. or I might just edit into this post so it's not double posting.

Edit: The smart thing about the license was that they chose to license movies 4-7, opting out on getting the prequels :D

Also also, this game uses terminology for certain abilities cards can have: encore, brainstorm/concentrate, change, back-up, alarm, experience. Most are used in most sets, depending on the flavor of what show the set is about.

Star Wars has a new term, and one I don't think will be used again. At least not with this term. Some Star Wars cards has an ability called "The Force", which involves moving two of the opponents cards, trading places. I have not seen WS make a new term that will be used only for that one set ever, so that's cool.

Anyone get some of the Star Wars Marvel stuff on sale on Amazon the past few days? Sale is over, but, I was able to scoop up all the new stuff I hadn't read yet.

Disney has been really going hard on the red eyes on Vader over the past year or so. Its something i had never really noticed and just thought it was a mistake in A New Hope. Which is why the other movies avoided it. But man have they really been making sure Vader has red eyes lately. The toys, the comics, Rogue One, Rebels. Maybe its just me, because ive always associate Vader with black lenses on his helmet.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
I still don't understand why this is so hard for people to get. When Pixar does something good or bad, it's "Pixar". For Marvel, it's "Marvel". For Lucasfilm, it's "Disney".

Just repeat lies until they become the truth.
You can even become president with that.

sphagnum

Banned
Really liked Vader #1, even with the goofy retcon at the beginning. However, my interest immediately dropped when Vader had to fight those no name thieves. Wish he still got to stay on Coruscsnt for a bit.

I'm also surprised Palpatine didn't mind wasting the kyber crystals in those lightsabers.

SargerusBR

I love Pokken!
So yeah just read the new Vader comic...

They really are going forth with that stupid idea about how sith lightsabers are red, sigh.

sphagnum

Banned
That can't be a retcon, as it contradicts the scene in RotS. The movies prevail above all other canon.

Also Sidious looks like a child in a robe there lol

I believe when the preview came out, Pablo said that takes place immediately after the scene in RotS. So uh I guess we should pretend that they just smushed things together a bit to compact it into one frame.

They really are going forth with that stupid idea about how sith lightsabers are red, sigh.

You mean that cool idea.

What's the premise of this Darth Vader run vs. the one that ended last year?

This one is immediately after RotS while the previous one was after ANH.

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
That can't be a retcon, as it contradicts the scene in RotS. The movies prevail above all other canon.

Not if I edit that scene to just be that panel, then it will be officially canon, I think.

That's how that works, right?

Gravidee

I'm guessing after his more infamous "Nooooo!" outburst, he calmed down and did the more cold and isolated "No" in the comic panel.

Why? Aren't they supposed to be?

Top Bottom