• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars Outlaws Title Update 2 Provides Large Number of Fixes And Stability

Kacho

This update has been used to focus on the speeder and camera movement, but most importantly, they've added more fixes to the stealth experience in the game. AI detection has been adjusted, with the number of NPCS and their positioning, patrol pathing, camera detection and environmental opportunities being tweaked to allow for a smoother, less challenging experience for the players that are struggling. The stealth missions have been a point of contention since the game was released, with Ubisoft and Massive Entertainment already releasing fixes for this issue in Title Update 1.

For all platforms, they have improved stability and performance across all platforms, as well as fixing FPS drops for those using a rig with Intel ARC GPUs. VRAM impact has also been added to RTXDI usage.

To try to give Kay more life, they've improved the animation of her movements and scaled AI reactions to environmental actions from investigation to combat. Ubisoft have also listed all the issues they've fixed, where Kay wasn't receiving any damage from enemy blasters, or controller presets not being saved when players were playing on different consoles of the same platform.

Vyse

Gold Member
Are they gonna make her less batshit ugly or is that just wishful thinking?
QjYGx15.gif

Chuck Berry

Gold Member
I had zero issues with the stealth so Im curious to see how the adjustments are. Sounds like they just dumbed everything down, like the stormtroopers will now barely move and always have their backs turned to you or some shit.

The stealth was ridiculously old school and simple. It's like people couldn't handle it. Sad shit.

Cyberpunkd

Too little, too late, and we know they wouldn’t give a shit if not for poor reception. If you need to fix this much you shouldn’t launch to begin with.

Majormaxxx

They need to add a character generator so we can fix her face ourselves without them losing face.

Next, fix the bare hand knockouts of soldiers in Armour. It's laughable.

Next, allow carrying weapons.

Next, copy paste stealth from some old assassin's Creed or splinter cell

Last edited:

cormack12

Gold Member
Less challenging for players lol, as though they had created some amazing stealth game that we just didn't get.

Tbh I haven't struggled with the stealth. I have got pissed off at my speeder hitting random rocks though. But the game is so bland and dull. I finish most games even if I'm not 100% into them but this is a slog like.

Are they gonna make her less batshit ugly or is that just wishful thinking?
The game had problems that neither you will admit or fix.
The first character model that looks better as a demake
You want more resolution and pixels to see that face ? ... damn
Either Reptile under the mask or Wukong cobra boss, but definitely not human.

Will a Mandalorian mod suffice?

Last edited:

Gambit2483

Mos Eisley spaceport. You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy. - Lucasfilm

Mos Eisley spaceport. You will never find a more misunderstood place of cheeky chaps and loveble rogues. - Disney
Yeah, I guess Disney doesn’t want to be associated with "other" outlaw themed open world games and have their protagonists mowing down rows of npcs.

Then again Ubisoft still could/should have programmed npcs to fall over in pain or react in SOME way. It looks stupid as fuck to throw a grenade in direct blast radius and npcs have absolutely ZERO reaction to it 🙄

Duchess

That Mandalorian mod is quite amusing, because you can see the mo cap actor is a girl, due to the stance, and the way they walk and run. Also, the way the hips move!

EDMIX

Writes a lot, says very little
"This update has been used to focus on the speeder and camera movement, but most importantly, they've added more fixes to the stealth experience in the game. AI detection has been adjusted, with the number of NPCS and their positioning, patrol pathing, camera detection and environmental opportunities being tweaked to allow for a smoother, less challenging experience for the players that are struggling. The stealth missions have been a point of contention since the game was released, with Ubisoft and Massive Entertainment already releasing fixes for this issue in Title Update 1."

Look, I'm not saying this is bad as any correction is good, merely that this sounds like this game needed to be delayed to get more feed back for a lot of this.

Top Bottom