• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Starcraft II - 1v1 EU Tournament

fanboi

Banned
START DATE FOR TOURNAMENT WILL BE 17/5 (Monday). Games must be finished on Friday (22/5 since it is the first game you will have 5 days to play the games, after that 3 days)

Of course you can play your games before start date.

1. This tournament is double elminination, best out of 3. That means every matchup must consist of at least 2 games. If a participant loses a matchup, they will have another chance before they are removed from the bracket.

2. Each round has a deadline of 3 DAYS, or 72 hours. The deadline to get your matches done will be at 12 PM (NOON) CET on the third day. For example, a round will start at Noon on Monday, and will end at Noon Thursday. The next round will start on Noon Thursday, ending Noon Sunday. Communicate with your opponents and upcoming opponents as soon as possible so you do not miss the deadline!

Participants are allowed/encourage to start up later matchups if timing/scheduling and the bracket allows. However, this will not affect the timing of the deadlines unless every matchup in the next round is completed before the deadline of the current round.

IMPORTANT! The first round is an exception, and will have a 5 DAY deadline since not everybody will know the tournament starts the moment this is posted..

3. Participants are asked to "check in" whenever a new round begins. To check in, post your Starcraft 2 ID and state you are ready for the round. This is done to help decide the winner in cases when you and your opponent do not finish the matchup before the deadline. If one participant checks in but the other does not, than the player who checks in automatically wins the matchup if they deadline isn't met. If both or neither player checks in, than the winner is determined through coin toss. However, you cannot win twice in a row via coin toss. Since we have non gaffers in this tournament this rule can't be used to full extent. Judge (fanboi) will determine who has been most active and give the victory to that person.

4. Players must choose a race option during their first matchup. For example, a player who chooses Zerg for the first round must remain Zerg for the rest of the tournament. A player who chooses Random must remain Random for the rest of the tournament.

5. At the completion of a matchup, one of the participants must post the outcome of the game in this thread. It's also highly recommended that you post your replays with the results. Upload them to the file sharing site of your choice. Try http://www.mediafire.com/ or http://www.megaupload.com

6. MAP RULES. First round map will be Steppes of War. Second round map will be Lost Temple. Third round map, if required, will be Blistering Sands.

7. No builds are off limits. Proxies, 6 pools, cannon rushes, etc are all fair game.

8. Pausing is allowed for a maximum time of 2 minuets per pause, but please keep it to a minimum.

9. GL HF GG

WE WILL START WHEN WE GET 16 PLAYERS, DOESN'T NEED TO BE GAFers

Confirmed Players:

fanboi.gaf - Z
FoxSpirit.legacy - T
ChrisXIII.fra - T
msv.whaeva - T
NIN.gaf - Z
Sykra.vracki - P
lockon.flonty - P (non gaffer)
Tryckser.gorgosh - R
Knives.piski - R (non gaffer)
Belgorim.alvar - R
Oldern.Gaf - P
pnSTYLE.dima - Z
MiROi - T (non gaffer)
Rainy.raph - P
Invader.zim - P
Won.tollo - T

Bracket:

SC2EU.png

First round must be finished before or on 22/5 (Friday)

Corum

Would love to enter and get my ass handed back to me but my final University exams start this Monday so free-time is not a term that will be familiar to me. I hope enough players sign up, and I'll be game for the next tournament.

fanboi

Banned
Just to make clear, please post your ingame nick AND race you are going to play (you can change untill the first game is played)

I could play I guess even though I have only played this for a day so am bound to loose to anyone who knows what they are doing :lol So I'll think about it.

Belgorim

Cant say for certain if I will have time, I might have a busy schedule in the coming weeks. Good luck to everyone anyways! :)

As much as I do not want to play in this mainly as I still consider myself shite / CBA I did say I would join if I went up a league.... and I went up a league so... *gulp*

Invader.zim - Protoss

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
You need one more? Knives has been talking me into it, i thought you got Won in the sc2 thread

fanboi

Banned
Mr Cola said:
You need one more? Knives has been talking me into it, i thought you got Won in the sc2 thread

He said if we don't get another one, and he has been inactive.

Go for it.

EDIT: Chris, what race will you play as?

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
IF im not in id like to try casting it again, set up is alot better now, shouldnt be the same issues as last time

fanboi said:
That would be awesome.

Added bracket to OP:

SC2EU.png

nice matches
hope the start wont be that soon cuz im busy with school for 3 weeks so wont have so much time to play

edit: oO so if i read correct it already started because we got 16 players?

Mr Cola

Quick 2v2 match test proved the stream works and works well, located the issue with lag/crashing.

I said in the sc2 thread but il reiterate here if you want the game streamed pm me with a general time, or talk to me on b.net frack.lehat and ill do my best to be there. Also someone mentioned getting a few other gaffers there to "analyse" as it were, while this is fine i wont be doing much analysis because well, i know shit. So if anyone has a vent or a better system to do it thats great, ill accomodate.

fanboi

Banned
START DATE FOR TOURNAMENT WILL BE 17/5 (Monday). Games must be finished on Friday (22/5 since it is the first game you will have 5 days to play the games, after that 3 days)

Of course you can play your games before start date.

Mr Cola

we are moving to livestream also because it is 100x better than shitty justin.tv, quality much improved and no lag

Top Bottom