• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

//: StarCraft II NA 1v1 Bronze Tournament

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
RULES - Please read all rules before you start a match!

1. This tournament is single elimination, one match only. You get only one shot, one opportunity. Make it count! Matches will be uploaded and commentated on, so having a billion matches would be a lot of work for this host!

2. Each round has a deadline of 4 DAYS, or 96 hours. The deadline to get your matches done will be at 12 PM (NOON) EST on the fourth day. For example, a round will start at Noon on Monday, and will end at Noon Friday. The next round will start on Noon Thursday, ending Noon Monday. Communicate with your opponents and upcoming opponents as soon as possible so you do not miss the deadline!

Participants are allowed/encourage to start up later matchups if timing/scheduling and the bracket allows. However, this will not affect the timing of the deadlines unless every matchup in the next round is completed before the deadline of the current round.

IMPORTANT! The first round is an exception, and will have a 5 DAY deadline since not everybody will know the tournament starts the moment this is posted.

3. Participants are asked to “check in” whenever a new round begins. To check in, post your Starcraft 2 ID and state you are ready for the round. This is done to help decide the winner in cases when you and your opponent do not finish the matchup before the deadline. If one participant checks in but the other does not, than the player who checks in automatically wins the matchup if they deadline isn’t met.

If both or neither player checks in, than neither player is considered a winner. Instead, a player will take their place from the backup pool.

4. Players must choose a race option during their first matchup. For example, a player who chooses Zerg for the first round must remain Zerg for the rest of the tournament. A player who chooses Random must remain Random for the rest of the tournament.

5. At the completion of a matchup, one of the participants must post the outcome of the game in this thread. It’s also highly recommended that you post your replays with the results. Upload them to the file sharing site of your choice. Try http://www.mediafire.com/ or http://www.megaupload.com

6. MAP RULES. The player with the lower ladder rank hosts the game and chooses a map. These are the possible map choices: Agria Valley, Blistering Sands, Jungle Basin, Junk Yard, Steppes of War, Scrap Station, Worldship, Lost Temple, Kulas Ravine, Metalopolis.

7. No builds are off limits. Proxies, 6 pools, cannon rushes, etc are all fair game.

8. GL HF GG

gafnabronze.png

Backup Pool:
TheDrizzle
KuroNeeko
Keikaku
NameGen
VALIS

ZealousD

Round 1

The bracket is in the OP. Deadline is at Noon EST on Sunday August 8th.

Zerokku

WHAT HAVE YOU DONE?
:eek:

This'll be fun. Didn't think I'd get in on it.

Ready whenever though. Pretty easy to catch me online.

Zerokku.236

darkiguana said:
Great!! Have fun guys!!

You too man, our matchup shall surely be epic. Good luck :)

EDIT: when would be a good time for you to get our match going ?

DTUD and code is 231 btw

Thanks for organizing Zealous!

Keikaku

Good luck to all the competitors. I'm sad that I don't get a chance to fail publicly, but thanks to Zealous for organizing this :D

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
I'm Shiggy, just so you know. I know there's a member called Shiggy here - that's not me.

I'll try contacting you through MP, Zerokku.

Edit: Checking in.

Shiggy 316

eznark

Banned
Assembly Required said:
Checking in.

Chmstry 358

Ready when you are, Eznark!
Just saw this now. Can play tomorrow afternoon/night or Friday morning. Heading out of town for the weekend. Could also play tonight after ten.

Thanks for setting this up Zealous!

ZealousD

Forgot to check whether or not the in-game names matched the GAF names. Any differences were noted in the bracket, with the GAF name in parenthesis.

Zerokku

WHAT HAVE YOU DONE?
Brazil said:
I'm Shiggy, just so you know. I know there's a member called Shiggy here - that's not me.

I'll try contacting you through MP, Zerokku.

Edit: Checking in.

Shiggy 316

Yah I checked the sign-up thread to find you last night.

eznark said:
Just saw this now. Can play tomorrow afternoon/night or Friday morning. Heading out of town for the weekend. Could also play tonight after ten.

Thanks for setting this up Zealous!

After 10pm tonight would be ideal. If not, then either of the following days will work. I'll shoot you a messege when I'm ready.

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
Ok, Zerokku just beat me. He'll send you the replay, ZealousD.

Even I can point out a lot of mistakes I made during the game - mistakes I don't usually make. But, oh well. :lol

Good luck to y'all.

I (Chmstry) lost! Eznark won...Lol, GG. Sorry I bailed so quick, someone needed to use the computer. If you need me to upload the replay, let me know. I can do it later.

I really suck against Terran.

eznark

Banned
Where are saved replays on my PC?

That was my last ditch effort, I was all in on that attack. When I saw that big red blob coming from bottom right as I was destroying your base I was like....oh fuck! I thought you had expanded next to me or something.

I was nervous as hell playing that match. It was a long time before I realized I hadn't expanded yet!

Zerokku

WHAT HAVE YOU DONE?
eznark said:
Where are saved replays on my PC?

For me at least (Windows 7)

Documents -> Starcraft 2 -> Accounts -> Bunchanumbers -> Buncharandomnumbersandacoupleletters -> Replays

-Mikey-

autobzooty said:
Checking in. autobzooty.952

When would be a good time for you to play, CBH?

Thursday maybe? I'll post on here once I'm free. I'm expecting a long day at work. : /

-Mikey- said:
Thursday maybe? I'll post on here once I'm free. I'm expecting a long day at work. : /

Okay. If you need to do it Friday or Saturday, that would be fine also. No rush! Also I'm afraid.

Zerokku

WHAT HAVE YOU DONE?
autobzooty said:
Also I'm afraid.

I was too. Nervous as fuck. Hand was shaky on my mouse and I made a handful of mistakes I normally wouldn't have. But when it comes down to it, its not like its for a prize or anything, just relax and have fun.

Of course I made it to round 2 so I get to be nervous all over again :lol

eznark

Banned
Zerokku said:
I was too. Nervous as fuck. Hand was shaky on my mouse and I made a handful of mistakes I normally wouldn't have. But when it comes down to it, its not like its for a prize or anything, just relax and have fun.

Of course I made it to round 2 so I get to be nervous all over again :lol
Watched your replay this morning. Such an awesome feature to have.

I went to bed after winning my match last night all confident. So I woke up stoked to play some SC II. Got trounced twice. Sigh...

eznark

Banned
Zerokku said:
What did you think of the match?
I thought there were some of the same mistakes I always see in my own replays, and I was relieved!

Specifically, not throwing out something that could detect cloak after repelling the first wave. Zerg probably wins if they do that, or at least it comes down to a base race.

ZealousD

Zerokku said:
I completely forgot about my economy when I did the counter-offensive there. (A mistake I make all the time)

Yeah, what was the deal with your Nexus rally point? You occasionally had it pointed at the minerals but you'd seemingly randomly stick it to the side of your Nexus.

Zerokku

WHAT HAVE YOU DONE?
ZealousD said:
Yeah, what was the deal with your Nexus rally point? You occasionally had it pointed at the minerals but you'd seemingly randomly stick it to the side of your Nexus.

Just a quirk for when I have a probe coming and plan to have it building right away so I dont want it heading straight to my minerals, and then never reset the rally point. I know I shouldn't even worry about it and just pull a probe off my mineral line as needed but yah. Hey I'm in bronze :p Still learning the ins and outs. While I've been playing SC since I was like 8, I only ever played the campaign and UMS games. The beta was the first time I really bothered to give any actual competitive play a shot.

Top Bottom