• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

/: StarCraft II: Official EU tournament thread

Tacitus_

fanboi said:
Hey now! didn't see it :p

It was only my second post in the thread :|

I'll ask a couple of guys if they want to join, though they are propably going to be horrible at this :lol

fanboi

Banned
ChronicleX said:
Pretty ballsy trying for a 32 person tourny since you struggled to get a 16 player one to work :lol

Well yeah, but since it has been released and if you check the list of gaf players, there are a lot, also not only gaffers is allowed.

So are you in?

Trying to fake proxy myself into diamond currently, but I'll consider it. Someone has to represent Protoss.

Yes, I seriously have turned that retarded little meme the elitest retards "created" around me for shits and giggles. Premise is proxy with 2 starting probes, make sure 1 is spotted while hiding the other 1. Proxy as normal with the hidden one but moments before you make your first gateway use the second probe to make a pylon and cancel it, then do that once again when you have 100 minerals before making gateway 2 if a bunch of probe/scv are chasing it. Let that probe die, scream FUCK and Cheese with the real proxy. Can also be done with cannons.

fanboi

Banned
ChronicleX said:
Trying to fake proxy myself into diamond currently, but I'll consider it. Someone has to represent Protoss.

Yes, I seriously have turned that retarded little meme the elitest retards "created" around me for shits and giggles. Premise is proxy with 2 starting probes, make sure 1 is spotted while hiding the other 1. Proxy as normal with the hidden one but moments before you make your first gateway use the second probe to make a pylon and cancel it, then do that once again when you have 100 minerals before making gateway 2 if a bunch of probe/scv are chasing it. Let that probe die, scream FUCK and Cheese with the real proxy. Can also be done with cannons.

Well then, I sign you up since I want to see this in action.

chris-013

ChronicleX said:

/Prepare a SCV to roam around my base :lol

fanboi said:
Well then, I sign you up since I want to see this in action.

Its not going to work ever now that I've told you about it is it? :lol Also I sign me up not you, and I am not signing yet. Still fucking around with bat shit crazy stuff.

Like 1 base mothership into DT rush.

fanboi

Banned
ChronicleX said:
Its not going to work ever now that I've told you about it is it? :lol Also I sign me up not you, and I am not signing yet. Still fucking around with bat shit crazy stuff.

Like 1 base mothership into DT rush.

You are in, you just don't know it yet.

And the strat is already working since you got us all paranoid and will waste drones on scouting around our base ^^

f0rk

I'm just a lurker but I'll play. I haven't had time to finish placement yet but I'm 3-0 and think i should be gold - plat.

fork 351 zerg

fanboi

Banned
Darkkn said:
Dayum, traveling next week so i can't participate but i'm definitely in on a next tournament.

Well, we might start next week, but you will have time to play... when you get back (unless you are away for several days)

fanboi

Banned
^ you need to chose quakenet as server, add a nick etc. Then press the flash icon in the top left corner.

Success!

Also, to join, type /j #starcraft2-gaf

More Success!

fanboi

Banned
OP updated!

FIRST GAME TO BE PLAYED @ 2010-08-09, must be finished on 2010-08-16
We take seven days for the first round so all can get the info, after that we will lower it to 4 days.

Bracket:

sc2eu1.png

Rules

Matches
This is a best of three until Semifinals and finals, which is best of 5. Reporting of each game is done in this thread or directly via me, or in our IRC channel to one of the OP
(IRC channel is #StarCraft2-GAF @Quaktenet).

Replays is nice if you can upload and provide link. Also when reporting use SPOILER taggs so you don't spoil who won.

Ex.

fanboi vs NIN

Game 1:
Lost Temple
Winner:
Always fanboi

And so on for each game.

The first game will start on 2010-08-09 and must be finished before 2010-08-16 (7 days). We take seven days for the first round so all can get the info, after that we will lower it to 4 days. If you are ahead in the bracket and your opponent is already made, you can of course play the game ahead.

Race
Your race can't be changed after your first game has been played, if you change your race from what you have signed up with, post in this thread so we can update the bracket.

Disconnects/drops
The default choice for disconnects is a game loss. If a player believes that he/she truly could have won the game, he may provide fanboi replay and request a re-game (time permitting.) If there is not time left, the show must go on and you will receive a loss.

Disputes
Disputes will be handles on a case by case basis. If a player wishes to dispute a game, message fanboi. Keep in mind the organizers and casters reserve the right to ban your face off for being bad manner and lifting your command center and hiding it in the corner. (Seriously, come on now.) Save -all- replays in case of disputes until after the tournament. We will request these if needed.

Map selection
First map is always Lost Temple, then the loser choses the next. Same map can't be selected twice.

If its looser picks map I propose you also add the Veto 1 map option, and final a best of 7.
Not that I care since I'm just an observer

The stars denote non-gaffers right?

Then whomever signed up Falsus let him know he's actually in a tournament, he was a bit unsure what the deal was when I contacted him.

fanboi

Banned
Bjern Fita said:
The stars denote non-gaffers right?

Then whomever signed up Falsus let him know he's actually in a tournament, he was a bit unsure what the deal was when I contacted him.

He signed himself up.... from another site.... strange.

fanboi

Banned
Tournament starts today!

First game must be finished within or on the 7th day.

If you want stream contact frack.886 ingame or in our Qnet IRC channel (#starcraft2-gaf)

Keji (Xyphie) vs Malcolm (Stevie Gerrard)

Game 1;
Lost Temple
Winner:
Peji

Game 2;
Scrap station
Winner:
Peji

Diamond league v bronze league .. you can guess who won. First game was an all round nightmare by me, second at least lasted a bit longer

Will post the replays in a bit

Tacitus_

Fucking hell, my HDD took a nice time to start dying... CRC errors which killed my previous HDDs, maybe my mobo is eating them.

Will try to fix it by the weekend if possible.

Hixx

I too am having pc problems. Tried to play one of my placements (still not finished them :lol ) last night and half way through the fight my PC started chugging like fuck. Played a couple of games against CPU to see if it was just a bnet/internet problem but when they unit counts got high it came to a crawl. This has only started happening this weekend so I'm running some hardware checks before formatting the fucker.

I'll try to keep NIN up to date as I said I'd be able to play from today-thurs but if it is indeed a hardware problem I'm not too flush atm so will probably have to withdraw.

Ikuu

Had his dog run over by Blizzard's CEO
Ikuu vs moemoland

Game 1
Lost Temple
Winner:
moemoland

Game 1
Blistering Sands
Winner:
moemoland

I'll add replays later.

Falsus (Z) vs BjernFita (P)

Game 1
Lost Temple
Winner:
Falsus

Game 2
Desert Oasis
Winner:
Falsus

Game 3
Desert Oasis
Winner:
yeah he good

awesome fun playing. Signing up us protoss didn't manage to motivate me to actually practise a little, and I'm looking forward to the next tournament and flexing my zerg. Replays available if anyone wants them. Terrible, terrible play from me, but Falsus gives a great showing of the safe fast expo if anyone wants to check over it, (I know I will).

good luck to everyone, especially those heading on into round 2!

Top Bottom