• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

//: StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty |OT4| Everyone Else Would Beat Catspajamas

Striek

I honestly thought the overlord speed buff was about ZvT. Modern pro zergs don't really seem to have any scouting issues in ZvP.
It is for ZvT. Stephano never even really scouts protoss apart from setting initial overlords and taking watchtowers. He held off an unscouted double stargate with ease against Hero yesterday. He had a blind spore at third and two queens there, lost them easily but then just kept making queens and put down a ton more spore crawlers, he countered with his mass roaches and easily won.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
toystory-creep-creepeverywhere.jpg

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you
This man is happy about potential queen change
yogH6.jpg

He wants easier ways to do this
iCCkI.jpg

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
that is ridiculous actually.

Yoshichan

A protoss can't keep up with a zerg in a pure macro game, why do you think 2 base all ins are so popular in pvz? Protoss needs an element of surprise to keep up with a zerg at all, that's all he's talking about..

Slightly faster OVs wouldn't stop Toss players from being cheesy bastards

Deadman

My favourite comment about the queen change "stephano's 11 minute max - now with creep!"

Hopefully the fact they are testing it on a map that is bad for Zerg will give them balanced results and they put it out for everyone. Just In time for stephano in code s.

Yoshichan

How many drones/bases does Stephano have when he maxes out at 11 min?

TL to GSTL
http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=334525

Between Hero and Taeja they could possibly win some matches.

Artosis should coach

Fanatic as well

Both have no chance due to the shallow roster but they should have some good games with alive and Hero there, until they choose to field Jinro and TLO then every korean will beg their coach to start sending them to foreign events where these guys and their play are considered "top players" and get some of that free money.

Mairu

Fanatic as well

Both have no chance due to the shallow roster but they should have some good games with alive and Hero there, until they choose to field Jinro and TLO then every korean will beg their coach to start sending them to foreign events where these guys and their play are considered "top players" and get some of that free money.

Both teams are in a much better position to compete than FUnited & FXO (pre-fOu) were when they were in the GSTL

Both teams are in a much better position to compete than FUnited & FXO (pre-fOu) were when they were in the GSTL

I meant no chance to win or even be in the finals, but yeah they are in much better shape than the last 2, especially if on of them draws the free win for the next round (zenex)

Mairu

I meant no chance to win or even be in the finals, but yeah they are in much better shape than the last 2, especially if on of them draws the free win for the next round (zenex)

The majority of teams don't have a chance to make the finals of gstl, but that doesn't mean they should just cut GSTL down to only 3-4 teams :p

Deadman

Oh thank god gaf is back, i must have absent mindedly clicked the bookmark 15 times today before remembering.

Jp, Incontrol, Tyler and Artosis on state of the game tonight. Day9 is now "on hiatus" because he is too busy.

Corran Horn

Oh thank god gaf is back, i must have absent mindedly clicked the bookmark 15 times today before remembering.

Jp, Incontrol, Tyler and Artosis on state of the game tonight. Day9 is now "on hiatus" because he is too busy.
Producing funday mondays are hard!

Yeah, and he gotta really stay in shape to be able to maintain those 3 Grandmaster accounts (one for each race of course).

I think he knows almost as much about this game as best player in the world David Kim.

Sliver

Day9 is the worst. You could tell his cohosts on SoTG are sick of his shit, and the show is much better without him. Im glad Cloud called him out so people realize how bad he is.

Also, Liquid needs some better team shirts before they go to GSTL, because their current ones look ghetto as hell compared to the Korean teams.

Snowman

You know what, you're right, I shouldn't have assumed anything like that.. Sorry corran <3

I still think Day9 works ridiculously hard though, but if you wanna make sarcastic comments about him on the internet then who am I to judge.

You know what, you're right, I shouldn't have assumed anything like that.. Sorry corran <3

I still think Day9 works ridiculously hard though, but if you wanna make sarcastic comments about him on the internet then who am I to judge.

I think the issue some people might have is in acknowledging his hard work is mostly mental and not physical. I'm not sure what Corran does, but Panda does manual labour, which is more exhausting physically and often means people see it as harder work.

I'm not going to argue one way or another, but I will say that work that is hard mentally can be cured with rest. You can't undo the damage that manual labour does.

Aylinato

I think the issue some people might have is in acknowledging his hard work is mostly mental and not physical. I'm not sure what Corran does, but Panda does manual labour, which is more exhausting physically and often means people see it as harder work.

I'm not going to argue one way or another, but I will say that work that is hard mentally can be cured with rest. You can't undo the damage that manual labour does.

Manual labor is super easy compared to mental labor. Unless it's 90 degrees out and you do 16 hour days(yes I have done that before, so has wedge). Mental labor is much more exhausting and you need more time to recover.

Anyway I love when people say that people calling out day9 changes anything. Remember when idra called him out over Zerg? O, look stephano is owning everyone, as Zerg, idra, sucking ass and getting wtfpwnt. Only time idra wins is when eg makes his teammates throw the games for him.

Snowman

That would make more sense, I just figured they were being sceptical of how much day9 actually does, which I thought was weird given how you hear people in the community talk all the time about how busy the guy is.

Anyway I love when people say that people calling out day9 changes anything. Remember when idra called him out over Zerg? O, look stephano is owning everyone, as Zerg, idra, sucking ass and getting wtfpwnt. Only time idra wins is when eg makes his teammates throw the games for him.

Idra is beyond garbage, but him exposing day9 for his serious lack of knowledge and trying to speak as some sort of authority about the actual game and what people should do when he clearly doesn't know what the fuck he's talking about, was the highlight of his abysmal career so far.

Snowman

SOTG is soooooooooo much better without day9

I agree, I feel like day9 is always too careful of what he says because of how big of a figure he is within the community and how much influence he has, which makes sense, but it makes him boring on something like sotg :/

Corran Horn

I'm fairly sure Day9 works harder than you on an average week, you constantly hear about how he makes himself ill from overworking and stuff.

As a person who through most of my adulthood working 50+ hours a week to afford to go to college at the same time. Sure say whatever you want.

zlatko

Banned
Lol @ Day 9 "over working" himself. When he does that, it's over working. When anyone else does that it's called calling in sick to work when you really just want to be a lazy pile for the day and sleep in. Come on now. :/

Zzoram

I have no idea what Day9 does other than dailies and tournament casts, but I don't doubt that he's busy. Maybe he has another side project/job or a girlfriend or something.

Top Bottom