• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

//: StarCraft II World Championship Series GLOBAL FINALS 2014 – November 1st, 7-8th

SamuraiX-

HHYYYYPPPPPPPUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

BaCYyby.jpg

SamuraiX-

I am STUPID hyped for this. WAY more than I thought I could be.

LotV reveal, dat stage, dem product values...

So, so good.

These map picks are already insane.

Foxtrot Labs and Deadwing to open up Bomber vs MMA Bo5?

lawd

SamuraiX-

You know how to effectively kill hype?

When in the very first minute of the very first game of the very first match played...

BlizzCon Observer A instantly drops from the game. -_-

Blizzard pls

SamuraiX-

It looks like Bomber is using the same style that he used to crush the Terrans at the Red Bull events.

Get 1/1 upgrades on a single E-bay, mass units, push and steamroll opponent with superior army count before they can get 2/2.

Edit: Looks like it's backfiring this time though... :-/

Syf

Banned
Dude imagine what the siege tank medivac micro will do in a position like this. I can't wait for LotV lol

SamuraiX-

And Foxtrot was MMA's first choice for the opening game. This could be a quick 3-0 if MMA doesn't come up with something crafty on Deadwing, but I have a feeling Bomber prepared something special for this next map.

SamuraiX-

Not sure why MMA didn't rebuild turrets in his main after the second doom drop by Bomber.

He was scanning really well, so it looked like he was very much anticipating the doom drops but he just never positioned/split his army well enough to hold the front line and also defend the main.

SamuraiX-

Jeez, insane game. MMA went Super Saiyan. Mech vs Bio on Deadwing feels like a death sentence in TvT. Too much airspace and open space for drops and setting up for flanks.

Durante

Amazing play from both sides in that game. Bomber's defence was great and it looked like he was about to turn it around, but that's when MMA pulled out the 3-pronged harass while still not completely losing his central defensive line.

Very impressive.

Amazing play from both sides in that game. Bomber's defence was great and it looked like he was about to turn it around, but that's when MMA pulled out the 3-pronged harass while still not completely losing his central defensive line.

Very impressive.

Both games so far were amazing. How all of these go 5/7 games.

SamuraiX-

Bomber's control is slipping. Losing that second game seemed to make him slip mentally. Regardless, impeccable play by MMA considering TvT is his weakest matchup.

SamuraiX-

Damn, Bomber was making a comeback toward the end there. That didn't end how I expected it to. lol Glad Bomber at least put up a fight to the very end. You can tell that second game really shook him. MMA kept him on the defensive in those last three games. That took Bomber completely out of his element.

gg wp

Luckily I also love MMA so I'm not horribly down about this.

Gogo MMA/Life/TaeJa/INno for the championship! Please no more Protoss. Although if herO wins I guess I won't complain.

SamuraiX-

Welp, I'll miss the rest of the quarterfinals live but definitely getting on those spoiler-free VODs when I get back to prepare my anus for the semifinals + grand final tomorrow. HYPE

New curse established. Day9 predicted the exact opposite outcome lol

Bomber's Law doesn't even hold a candle to the curse archon that is Artosis and Day9.

He never had a chance. ;_;

Fantastic series. Sad to see bomber gone but MMA is awesome as well. Now for the most hype part of SC2 tournaments, the countdown clock. They hired basically every caster in the world to be at this event, surely they could just have someone talking there instead?

Aaron

The clock is super short. It's amazing how quickly they turn things around, compared to the sometimes hour between matches at Dreamhack.

Top Bottom