• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Stardew Valley will never charge money on DLC or future updates, console and mobile versions still in the works

Draugoth

Gold Member

Regarding the upcoming update, it looks like it's still being worked on and still in progress​

the ports and next pc update are still in progress. I know it is taking a long time, its on my mind every minute. I have personally been working on the mobile port every day. I will announce when there is any meaningful news (e.g. a release date). hope youre having a good summer

Holammer

Stardew Valley sold over 30M copies by Feb. 2024. Even with discounts and store %'age cut, it's still a metric shot ton of money for a game developed by a single developer. Looking at the sales numbers, I believe Stardew sold more than all Harvest Moon & Story of Seasons games combined.

Stardew, Terraria and No Man's Sky show how supporting a game is a viable "GaaS" style strategy. Tricky part is making a good game.

Sakura

Wasn't he working on a new game? I'm surprised he still spends so much time working on Stardew Valley.

Holammer

It was one of the first games I played on my Switch. It was great. I might get it on PC one day.
I played the game for 478.4h on PC and I haven't even touched the mods yet.
One of the more interesting ones is Stardew Valley Expanded, where the cashier from JojaMart becomes a date-able NPC among others. Might give it a shot later.

supermarket-npc-by-on-twitter-v0-v7zm7kbh98ja1.jpg

art by @Peargor on twitter

I rather him charge for DLC or whatever for a faster release schedule.

I was trying to play multiplayer with my girlfriend on mobile, she’s now my ex. JEESH.

geary

Stardew Valley sold over 30M copies by Feb. 2024. Even with discounts and store %'age cut, it's still a metric shot ton of money for a game developed by a single developer. Looking at the sales numbers, I believe Stardew sold more than all Harvest Moon & Story of Seasons games combined.

Stardew, Terraria and No Man's Sky show how supporting a game is a viable "GaaS" style strategy. Tricky part is making a good game.
Stardew, Terraria and Rimworld are the golden childs of indie games..

geary

Minecraft is in its own category, but these 3 games were started to be developed by a single person, if i am not mistaken. They passed the test of time and are now behemoths.

Top Bottom