• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Stealth Inc: A clone in the dark (PSV/PS3) |OT|

Playing this game on vita and loving it so far. I have a question though: can i pull boxes or only push?

Only push.

This port and Hotline Miami on Vita are so quick to instantaneously reload and reset... it's great. I haven't gotten hooked on trying to leaderboard like this since Motorstorm RC. Only thing I wish is that there was a friend score filter.

I still have #1 in a lot of the 2-X levels, and I thought I set unbeatable times in some of the 1-X levels, but I was pushed back down today. I think when more people pick this up, there will be crazy completion times.

nampad

So I actually paid €9.99. Did the store team fuck up the price? I was wondering why it was so high and your OP also suggests it should have been €7.99.

Maybe the reason the store update isn't online yet and the games page on the Vita store doesn't work properly anymore.

benny_a

extra source of jiggaflops
I think it's pretty fun. I wish the game or the Sony SDK wasn't so anal about online-checks all the time.

Just detect whether or not I'm in flight mode at the start of the game and not have me confirm it all the time.

I think it's pretty fun. I wish the game or the Sony SDK wasn't so anal about online-checks all the time.

Just detect whether or not I'm in flight mode at the start of the game and not have me confirm it all the time.

Yeah, I sometimes have to throw it on flight mode when I'm trying to play Pinball Arcade somewhere with no wifi. It speeds up the process, but it'd be nice if it just stopped the check completely.

Salaadin

Game is fantastic, loving how quick restarts are. Essential for a game like this.

Yep. Stuff like this and Hotline Miami really nail it. If youre going to have a reset heavy game, make it so that the resets arent even noticeable. They get it so right.
Super Meat Boy did it too.

ReaperXL7

Yep. Stuff like this and Hotline Miami really nail it. If youre going to have a reset heavy game, make it so that the resets arent even noticeable. They get it so right.
Super Meat Boy did it too.

Whats even better on this one is if you hit the select button it will reset the stage completely. Its good for me because the moment I die I reset it because I want to ace the levels as much as possible first time through, though there are a few building up that I just could not ace on the first go.

Whats even better on this one is if you hit the select button it will reset the stage completely. Its good for me because the moment I die I reset it because I want to ace the levels as much as possible first time through, though there are a few building up that I just could not ace on the first go.

Yeah, I've only complete the 1-1 to 1-9 and 2-1 to 2-9, but 2-8 and 2-9... I had to just screw up and try to figure out by going through it to completion before trying to reset and get it perfect piece by piece.

I imagine everything else in the game is about to get ridiculous.

Edgeward

A lot of the placements of the helix pieces are tricky. No way I would've figured it out on my own. But I cleared all of section 1 and got those two silver trophies out of the way.

FDC1

Anyone know if there is a collectible in every level? So far I have only found a couple of them, but they were pretty much in plain site.

Same question. I found the helix in 1-1 & 1-3 but nothing in 1-2 despite the small size of the level.

Oh, and something about the vita version for the developpers if somehow they read this topic: let the fu**ing of us play offline tranquilly. I play in the subway this morning, I start a level, connection attempt, I finish a level 1mn later, connection attempt, new level, connection attempt...It's not the only game to do that, and that just plain stupid.

Tizoc

Same question. I found the helix in 1-1 & 1-3 but nothing in 1-2 despite the small size of the level.

Oh, and something about the vita version for the developpers if somehow they read this topic: let the fu**ing of us play offline tranquilly. I play in the subway this morning, I start a level, connection attempt, I finish a level 1mn later, connection attempt, new level, connection attempt...It's not the only game to do that, and that just plain stupid.

Go to Settings and turn on Airplane mode. Should also save up some battery power I believe.

FDC1

Go to Settings and turn on Airplane mode. Should also save up some battery power I believe.

I don't want to have to change my Vita conf each time I'm out/back home. Some games manage that perfectly: after a failed attempt, they keep you offline until you choose (via the option menu, etc...) to connect again. It's just good sense.

anddo0

I think you need to be using the default gadget to get the S. Other ones are there for fun pls have their own separate leaderboards, I think

No wonder... I went back to get S-rank in the first area using the camouflage clone. I was wondering why I was only getting A-rank :(

Edgeward

Yes, there is a helix on every level even thre locked stages

nickcv

first time I see this games, seems really interesting, but the PC version also has a DLC with 20 more levels.

I'll probably just get it on steam.

Looks interesting, but an awful lot like Monaco and that's putting me off somewhat.

Has anyone played both? Are they at all similar in terms of gameplay?

anddo0

Looks interesting, but an awful lot like Monaco and that's putting me off somewhat.

Totally different games. Stealth inc has nothing to do with bank robberies, has no MP or different classes. It's a stealth based puzzle game.

Blizzard

Banned

As is mentioned above, Monaco is a multiplayer topdown stealth/action game, while Stealth Bastard/Inc. is a singleplayer sidescrolling stealth puzzle/platformer.

wouwie

stealth bastard is great, good fit for vita

Agreed. I tried both PS3 and vita versions and preferred the vita one in this case.

Also, i finished the 2nd world yesterday and had a lot of fun. Can't wait to continue. A nice suprise and a neat puzzle/platform game.

first time I see this games, seems really interesting, but the PC version also has a DLC with 20 more levels.

I'll probably just get it on steam.

The Teleporter Chambers DLC is also on Vita.

stealt10.png

stealt11.png

It was $7.99 for PS+ members in NA through pre-ordering, and the DLC is free in EU for the first week. I have it on Steam already, but I bought it on PSN and am finally playing it... a lot.

As is mentioned above, Monaco is a multiplayer topdown stealth/action game, while Stealth Bastard/Inc. is a singleplayer sidescrolling stealth puzzle/platformer.

Thanks, the screens in the OP threw me a little as looking almost identical to Monaco, but having watched some gameplay footage, I can seen it's very, very different. Bought on the Store, now I just need to start the download when I get home and hope it doesn't eat up too much of my time tonight.

One last question, how does it compare to Mark of the Ninja?

Salaadin

Thanks, the screens in the OP threw me a little as looking almost identical to Monaco, but having watched some gameplay footage, I can seen it's very, very different. Bought on the Store, now I just need to start the download when I get home and hope it doesn't eat up too much of my time tonight.

One last question, how does it compare to Mark of the Ninja?

I think its pretty different from MOTK. This is a stage based stealth puzzler/platformer with an emphasis on speed while MOTK is more of a traditional stealth game that emphasized the slower, methodical approach..or at least thats how I approached that game.

Carl

Man I am awful at this game, but it's a great fit on the Vita. Fantastic stuff. Look forward to more stuff from Curve.

Salaadin

A Clone in the Dark does have a certain SNES platformer subtitle ring to it.

I like how its a play on "Alone in the Dark". At least thats how I see it.
I dont know why they added "Stealth, Inc". Didnt they have a user suggestion contest for it? I wonder who came up with that.

Man I am awful at this game, but it's a great fit on the Vita. Fantastic stuff. Look forward to more stuff from Curve.

Me too but it is a perfect portable game.
A few times now, I got stumped and I sat there staring at the screen and wonder wtf Im supposed to do. Minutes later, the solution jumps out and you feel like such an idiot.

I think its pretty different from MOTK. This is a stage based stealth puzzler/platformer with an emphasis on speed while MOTK is more of a traditional stealth game that emphasized the slower, methodical approach..or at least thats how I approached that game.

Thanks. Sounds great. Now I really can't wait to get home and play it.

DBT85

Only push.

This port and Hotline Miami on Vita are so quick to instantaneously reload and reset... it's great. I haven't gotten hooked on trying to leaderboard like this since Motorstorm RC. Only thing I wish is that there was a friend score filter.

The instant restarts is essential on these type of games, fortunately Velocity Ultra is the same in that regard.

Played through the first 8 tests last night. very enjoyable and I can see I'm going to spend quite some time with it. Another game that fits the Vita perfectly.

Kensuke

Really enjoying the game. Getting those S-ranks sometimes requires perfect execution, without it being overly or insanely difficult. I'm on the top of some leaderboards as Wretched_Walrus, although in a few more days I probably won't even be top 100.

CamHostage

This port and Hotline Miami on Vita are so quick to instantaneously reload and reset... it's great. I haven't gotten hooked on trying to leaderboard like this since Motorstorm RC.

Yeah yeah, I know that feeling, where the lack of load makes it feel more like a "fun game!" and less like a real experience that you've got to deal with even if things go wrong and a whole lot less like a chore...

Edgeward

Really enjoying the game. Getting those S-ranks sometimes requires perfect execution, without it being overly or insanely difficult. I'm on the top of some leaderboards as Wretched_Walrus, although in a few more days I probably won't even be top 100.

I've already been kicked out of almost every leaderboard on sector 1 and 2 =(

Geedorah

Wait, what's with the name change? May actually check this title out - wish in a perfect future you could double-dip at a reduced price automatically or something, lol.

Skyzard

Banned
UK price in OP is incorrect. Actual price is £7.99

Might hold off for a while if there are 2 more DLCs coming already. Maybe a full pack at a reasonable sale, looks good though, will be sure to want all of it.

Guess I'm spoiled by the sales. PSN and PS+ can be good but whenever steam sales hit... Civ V Gold for 50p less than vanilla stealth inc... I've put in about 30 hours already.

Unfortunate timing hah, for all new digital games really.

Number45

Picked this up yesterday and loving it. I've only played through the first three areas (not bothering to S rank anything just now), but it's already pretty tough!

I assume you need to complete each area with each costume to unlock the next costume for use in that area?

Might hold off for a while if there are 2 more DLCs coming already. Maybe a full pack at a reasonable sale, looks good though, will be sure to want all of it.
Don't forget you get the current DLC for free if you buy within the first two weeks.

Number45

I unlocked the second suit (
camouflage
) after beating the first boss but noticed it wasn't available to use, so I went back to the first area and I could select it there. Same now for the second and third areas.

I assume the same is for each subsequent costume, but I haven't actually gone back and used it yet so I'm not sure.

Top Bottom