• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam | 02.2016 - Orangeade

Status
Not open for further replies.

Maniac

Banned
I just want DR1. Especially cause I never finished it cause my fucking 360 got that there Ring o' Death.

'Twas a fucking tragedy, really.

Knurek

Bah, there's no way to reset progress on D4?

I did a story trigger a bit too soon, looks like I'm missing some side content.
Not sure if I'd want to replay the whole episode, but being able to rewind would be great.

Weird game.

A new indiegala giveaway; Timberman
https://www.indiegala.com/#giveaway

it seems like Adventure Capitalist developer forgot to disable dev console after last patch, which allowed to grab as much free gold as wanted. (now, before you fly to click yourself some, its been fixed already).

sadly, apparently even this much gold wasnt enough for the OP to unlock the last achievement
The gap on Earth is something like 1E28 so giving yourself 1E6 worth of multiplier isn't going to scratch that. But it raises the question of is it ethical to offer what are essentially completely useless boosts for real money (though to some extent I can see Gold being useful on the Moon). What is annoying is how the devs drag their feet on the Earth issue even going as far as to outright lie saying multiple people have completed it despite numerous proof of it being mathematically impossible (though I suppose the flux capacitor makes it possible now...if you're prepared to spend several million dollars). It wouldn't be so bad if the multipliers were not additive.

I kind of regret "only" going for x150000 and 200 flux capacitor (which make timewarps completely useless for some odd reason) on Earth (I couldn't position the cursor so that the buy and confirm button overlapped because I completely forgot about the gold upgrade tab on Earth) but on the other hand it is futile in any case.

On mobile you can watch ads for temporary profit boosts that have to be done on each planet hence why are there are events happening (adding another planet and thus another ad to watch).

C4rter

I have to totally agree. Van Helsing 1 was kinda "meh" and the sequel was pretty terrible. Never played the third so I don't know if it picked back up. The loot was pretty much identical and the skill tree was interesting but ultimately flawed.

Meanwhile Path of Exile has had years of regular content updates, an interesting loot/in-game economy system, vastly different play styles between character types, lots of varied places to explore, and best of all it's free. It even does free-to-play right, since the only things you pay money for are cosmetic unlocks or "premium stash tabs" that let you color code stuff.

I recommend Path of Exile to anyone that loooooves Diablo.

Too bad they don't add some sort of Adventure Mode to make the leveling up of a new (or existing) character more fun. I just can't stand to go through the storyline a fourth time.

Ozium

Free Crap for doing Crap:
https://ushockgaming.com/free-game/
game is: Axis Football 2015

axis-football.jpg

Complete the 8 of the 9 entries below to claim a free steam key of Axis Soccer 2015!

lol

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Wait who was the GAFfer who liked Van Helsing 1?
I thought it was jshackles o_O

I really liked it at first, but after the DLC pricing fiasco and the fact that the sequel was so bad really retroactively soured me on the experience.

fantomena

Alright, forgot to tell you folks that The Ship Remastered beta keys are being sendt out. Check your boxes. It also require a code for a beta branch.

axis-football.jpg

Complete the 8 of the 9 entries below to claim a free steam key of Axis Soccer 2015!

lol

Too much crap to do.

Not worth it.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

GameGuru: Death Valley Pack -- MB-F09B9205B7CF1663 - Taken by voodooray

Bloodborne is indeed fantastic, I like the core gameplay even more than Souls, but that frame-rate...
It's really ironic how the studio that produces the best gameplay in the biz doesn't seem to care about performance in its games.

Pachimari

Others were not as fortunate

Did you put me in a squad?

---

Cross posting my impressions of Final Fantasy XI for iOS:

I just bought Adventures of Mana for my phone two days ago, and now I got this as well. Have just played 1:08 hour of the game, and I think it is fantastic. Such a rich atmosphere, and it really draws you in. I like the whole premise of the start, the whole scenery and characters. I do like this start more than I did FF VII - which I am currently playing on PC - and FF X, so it bodes well for me. First time playing it too.

Controls is great, with a virtual stick but I have no problem with those, and the menus are easy to navigate by tapping or swiping, like the other games. You can also tap to make the character walk, instead of using a virtual stick.

I paid $18.

Free Crap for doing Crap:
https://ushockgaming.com/free-game/
game is: Axis Football 2015
If Steamspy is anything to go by this giveaway is going quadruple the ownership.

Three of the steps require twitter and...
Authorize Gleam Competition App to use your account?
Gleam Competition App
gleam.io
In order to verify your entry to this competition via Twitter we need permissions from your account. You will only need to do this once & for future competitions 1 click will be enough to enter.

Sign In Cancel
This application will be able to:
Read Tweets from your timeline.
See who you follow, and follow new people.
Update your profile.
Post Tweets for you.
WTF at the last two? I can kind of understand the one before given it wants you to follow 3 things and so the app can check/do that easily. In any case I decided to make my twitter profile private while I did that and revoked the app immediately after.

Of course that might be something all twitter apps can do for all I know in which case laugh at me and my ignorance.

edit:
Not getting my email for Timberman :/
It took a while to arrive for me.

WTF at the last two? I can kind of understand the one before given it wants you to follow 3 things and so the app can check/do that easily. In any case I decided to make my twitter profile private while I did that and revoked the app immediately after.

Of course that might be something all twitter apps can do for all I know in which case laugh at me and my ignorance.

Yeah. Best I can tell, if you go for one of their giveaways and click "Post on Twitter", it autoposts a status update pimping their service. Took it out once I realized what it was.

another Jast groupees bundle soon
https://groupees.com/jast2

unlike mangagamer ones, Jast bundles weren't bad. I still would like for them to release some games on steam and do bundles, but it isn't happening, or so it would seem.

The problem with mangagamer bundles are that they usually just offer nukige....
If that has Steins;Gate inside, it could be that the actual Steam release by 5pb itself is inbound soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom