• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM 2013 Announcements & Updates: 6, GFWL: 0 | Number of hours played bugged

Status
Not open for further replies.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Isn't Enhanced steam like a security risk or something? its pretty fishy for program that knows how much money I spent on steam so far, and that info is probably stored somewhere too...

I know you probably won't believe me (since I'm the author) but the extension is open source and has been reviewed several times.

It's permissions prevent it from even executing on login and checkout pages where you would put any account information in.

And nothing about your transactions are stored anywhere on a server. :)

Grief.exe

Isn't Enhanced steam like a security risk or something? its pretty fishy for program that knows how much money I spent on steam so far, and that info is probably stored somewhere too...

No, this information isn't a security risk. Steam provides all of this information to you in the client or via the website.
Enhanced Steam doesn't dig it out of your credit card information, but tallies data Steam already provides to you.

Enhanced Steam does not send the data anywhere, program is open source. Feel free to check out the script yourself.
Even if it was apart of some conspiracy and was sending the exact number of your Steam purchases. What would that matter?
Your profile is public, it tells people how many games you have on your account. The exact number of dollars you have spent is essentially irrelevant at that point. We could easily estimate how much you have spent on your account with a reasonable amount of error.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Oh and as of this morning Enhanced Steam has surpassed 300,000 downloads since it was introduced last December, with over 100,000 active daily users (Google and Mozilla keep track, not Enhanced Steam).

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
My secret weapon is to bribe him with one Khaleesi.

Incidentally, I started watching GoT recently and finished s03 just a few hours ago. What a dull season finale. :( The ending to episode nine would've been much more befitting of a finale.

No, this information isn't a security risk. Steam provides all of this information to you in the client or via the website.
Enhanced Steam doesn't dig it out of your credit card information, but tallies data Steam already provides to you.

Enhanced Steam does not send the data anywhere, program is open source. Feel free to check out the script yourself.
Even if it was apart of some conspiracy and was sending the exact number of your Steam purchases. What would that matter?
Your profile is public, it tells people how many games you have on your account. The exact number of dollars you have spent is essentially irrelevant at that point. We could easily estimate how much you have spent on your account with a reasonable amount of error.

Yeah I set my profile to private, no ONE is going to view account, I don't even have any steam friends.

Anony

I'm still missing 2 cards:
Reus (beach ball) and Torchlight II

if anyone has spares, that would be greatly appreciated

I have dups of Dead Island Riptide cards for trade of my missing cards

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
My only friend is the heavy duty roll of aluminum foil in my drawer.

It shall keep my darkest secrets safe.

The_Monk

Incidentally, I started watching GoT recently and finished s03 just a few hours ago. What a dull season finale. :( The ending to episode nine would've been much more befitting of a finale.

I agree fellow GAFfer, but either way I'm really liking the TV Show (which is why I need that Bundle with GoT even if it's a weak game but I also liked LoTR: War in the North so...)

I'm reading the Books now, I know I should have done the other way around but I only found a humble price for the books recently.

They should just release the SteamOS and let us tinker with it. It would be the best way to keep the momentum going.

Here is the game library available for linux steam games: http://store.steampowered.com/search/?sort_by=Metascore&sort_order=DESC&os=linux

I hope that their steamOS becomes a good replacement for windows so that I can switch to it entirely. I think this will entail making sure every major release from now on, on PC, will also have a linux version. Not sure if porting their entire library is a bigger deal.

JBourne

maybe tomorrow it rains
Didn't realize I already owned this.

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

header_292x136.jpg

Proteus -- MB-73E05202CD18A2B8 - Taken by jakershaker

Grief.exe

Its just how the books work out.

Something huge and heart-stopping happens near the end of the book, and then they have a calm wrap-up to setup the start of the next book.

maty

That happens with all 3 seasons, the 9th episode is when shit happens and the last episode is just setting things up for next season.

Since I'm already halfway through book 4 I can not bring myself to finish season 3. I watched 2 episodes and was very disappointed. But that's for another thread.

maty

I'm reading the Books now, I know I should have done the other way around but I only found a humble price for the books recently.

You won't be disappointed, so many details and events missing in the TV series. As well as some changes I didn't like

Didn't realize I already owned this.

Damn, I made a mistake :/ Already owned it too, not sure from when as I don't recognise it. Thought it was that one with the giants but now I see that is called Reus.

Can you put it up on modbot again? Sorry again for the hassle.

Tenrius

Since I'm already halfway through book 4 I can not bring myself to finish season 3. I watched 2 episodes and was very disappointed. But that's for another thread.

I couldn't even finish Season 2. Season 1 was alright as a series veteran, but I thought that they totally lost it afterwards.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
That happens with all 3 seasons, the 9th episode is when shit happens and the last episode is just setting things up for next season.

Yeah, but at least the previous two finales gave something exciting to ponder: s01's had
the hatching of the dragons
and s02
the march of the White Walkers

fantomena

Reposting for new page if someone missed it. :)

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

header_292x136.jpg

Rogue Legacy -- MB-73CD052867832013 - Taken by webrunner. 98 entrants total.

t1380145180z1.png

JBourne

maybe tomorrow it rains
Damn, I made a mistake :/ Already owned it too, not sure from when as I don't recognise it. Thought it was that one with the giants but now I see that is called Reus.

Sure, I'll do another one later tonight. It's no big deal. If you want, you could see if anyone wants to trade for Rage or something.

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge

Well if you have the code, you could do the ModBot process yourself now.

So how do I play a game in Big Picture mode on a PC?

At the top right of Steam, you should see four arrows surrounding BIG PICTURE, click that. Once you enter Big Picture mode, simply traverse your way into library and select the game.

Gamerloid

So if I want to be added to the Steam Group, should I just drop off my profile link here and see if I get an invite?

Might as well try: Gamerloid

If this isn't the correct way, I'll just wait for Bisk to log on.

My first ModBot giveaway. Hope I didn't bollocks it up.

ModBot said:
Just quote this message and paste the quote in the thread:

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

FTL -- MB-D96797C839F7990F - Taken by MechaGodzilla. 1 entrants total.

t1380137711z1.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom