• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM 2013 Announcements & Updates: 6, GFWL: 0 | Number of hours played bugged

Status
Not open for further replies.

drizzle

Axel Hertz
I wouldn't think so. I just mentioned FlyVPN since I know it offers a server in one of the listed countries as part of its free service (you're booted off after 20 minutes, but to run a region-locked game you only need it for 10 seconds: Run VPN -> Load up game -> Quit VPN).

Oh yeah, I forgot about that... for some reason, I thought you had to keep it during gameplay.

Good to know about the Free FlyVPN thing though. Good on a pinch.

Edit: Wait, I think the Free Account only allows connections from the Los Angeles servers - at least that's what the "Servers" row on the Pricing table implies.

Whooter

Sorry if I missed this, but if I have Arkham City that I bought through Steam, and want to get rid of the GFWL stuff, do I need to uninstall and re-download?

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Oh yeah, I forgot about that... for some reason, I thought you had to keep it during gameplay.

Good to know about the Free FlyVPN thing though. Good on a pinch.

Edit: Wait, I think the Free Account only allows connections from the Los Angeles servers - at least that's what the "Servers" row on the Pricing table implies

The site doesn't list all free servers offered for some reason. I used FlyVPN the other day to activate my FM 2012 Russian key, so rest assured there's a Russian server.

Nabs

It looks like Night Dive Studios brought those old titles to Steam today... maybe. They advertised it a bit on their facebook page, but maybe they just like old games.

Decided to get Bioshock Infinite at Amazon for $10 even though my laptop won't run it so well. The reason why is for some reason, I got a $5 promotional discount off, making it $5. Tested out on another digital game but no $5 promo discount applied to it. I'm guessing this was the 2K promo Amazon gave out a while back. I guess it never expired for me.

Lain

It's cool that my Arkham Asylum was changed to a GOTY version, but I seemingly lost my saves and all achievement, and that's not cool.

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge
I'm trying to decide if I really want to buy Arkham Asylum and City again even though I already own them on PS3. Any Mods that make it worth getting them again while it's on sale or are they all just skin changes?

Sajjaja

The shocking of bios

FALCON
1E62A00A21F479AF9D45C120C370995203F26761

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=187105511

PUNCH
1024x600.resizedimage

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=187105521

1024x768.resizedimage

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=187095805

Poor kitty
1024x600.resizedimage

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=187105420

It's cool that my Arkham Asylum was changed to a GOTY version, but I seemingly lost my saves and all achievement, and that's not cool.

there is a way to get the save file back with some tinkering

and you could possibly get the achievements again but getting that back is fucking shady as hell.

Just two Civs left to beat Brave New World with, the Zulus and Portugal. Really been impressed with this expansion, moreso than Gods & Kings. The Civs they added in BNW are probably the most varied play-style-wise out of the two expansions and numerous dlcs. I like the changes they made to the policy tracks (they re-worked some and added soem new ones) and the addition of the ideological tenets (the Freedom, Autocracy and Order policy tracks have been greatly re-worked and expanded upon). My only problem is I now find science victories to be a lot more elusive than they were back in vanilla and Gods & Kings. That used to be my preferred path to victory in Civ V but it's been a while since I last tried to play as India, Korea or Babylon.

It's so easy to be a warmonger in BNW and win diplomatic and cultural victories. This is what Gunboat Diplomacy nets you...

0BA4AB8F00933C0D320FFDA02C139732713974BB

Usually a strong military presence nets a fear status in non-allied city-states, you can use this to demand tributes (money or units at the cost of negative relations with said city-state). Gunboat Diplomacy is a third tier ideological tenet of Autocracy, instead of fear your military presence promotes positive relations with city-states. If your military is large enough the other Civs can never win back the allegiance of those city-states and you can run roughshod through the world congress. Dictate things like world religion or ideology. Casually deny the other Civs attempts to embargo trade with you while running a vote through the world congress that no one else wants a part of. Diplomacy at its finest.

Deques

I am still looking for someone that can help me buying the endless space dlc. Currently traveling in another country so I can't buy anything in steam now. I will be able to pay back on Tuesday.
PM me

DagsJT

Any idea why I'm getting an error saying "Failed To Start Game (App Already Running) even though it's not? Tried deleting clientregistry.blob but still not working.

Wok

I am still looking for someone that can help me buying the endless space dlc. Currently traveling in another country so I can't buy anything in steam now. I will be able to pay back on Tuesday.
PM me

It depends whether you are okay with the European price.

If you mean this DLC, it is currently 2,50€. If you confirm, I buy it.

Shahadan

Seeing Startopia in the store and then steam spanking me with a "not available in your country/region" message was a bit too harsh for me in the morning ;_;

fantomena

Im thinking about picking up The Longest Journey and Dreamfall up on the GOG sale now, but I want it on Steam, but it is so long since they were on a Steam sale. :(

JaseC

Hmmmm interesting. New Halloween bundle from Squeenix maybe?

Actually, it seems Squeenix made a new LoK Collection sub inclusive of Blood Omen 2 and just pulled the old one (which contained just Defiance and the two Soul Reaver games). Why BO2 wasn't just added to the first sub, I don't know, haha.

Edit: The Dawn of War shenanigans break down as follows:

- Warhammer 40,000: Dawn of War II - Retribution - All Wargear DLC was removed in favour of the more expensive Dawn of War II: Retribution - Tau Commander and All Wargear Bundle
- Dawn of War II: Retribution - Complete Chapter Pack Bundle was removed in favour of the more expensive Dawn of War II: Retribution - Complete DLC Bundle
- Dawn of War II Gold was removed in favour of the more expensive Warhammer 40,000: Dawn of War II Master Collection
- Dawn of War 2: Retribution - Last Stand Alone DLC Complete Pack was removed in favour of the more expensive Dawn of War II: Retribution - Tau Commander and All Wargear Bundle
- Dawn of War 2: Retribution - Campaign Wargear + TLS DLC Complete Pack was removed in favour of the (more expensive?) Dawn of War II: Retribution - Tau Commander and All Wargear Bundle
- Dawn of War Platinum Edition was removed in favour of the more expensive Dawn of War Gold + forcing people to purchase Dark Crusade individually

Dr Dogg

Actually, it seems Squeenix made a new LoK Collection sub inclusive of Blood Omen 2 and just pulled the old one (which contained just Defiance and the two Soul Reaver games). Why BO2 wasn't just added to the first sub, I don't know, haha.

Ah that makes sense. Didn't they just have SR 1&2 and Defiance on Steam for a while and you could only get BO2 from GOG? Seeing as all 4 are on there I might be swayed but I'm still holding out for OG BO to come back from licensing exile before I bite.

Also waaaay to many abbreviations :(

I asked this in the Batman thread, but didn't get a reply, so thought I'd try again here.

Anyone know how to retrieve a retail Batman AA key from an install? I've got it installed, but can't find the box and wanted to see if the retail key could be entered into Steam. I've tried looking through the registry, but couldn't find anything, and the Magic Jelly Bean tool didn't pick it up either.

JaseC

I asked this in the Batman thread, but didn't get a reply, so thought I'd try again here.

Anyone know how to retrieve a retail Batman AA key from an install? I've got it installed, but can't find the box and wanted to see if the retail key could be entered into Steam. I've tried looking through the registry, but couldn't find anything, and the Magic Jelly Bean tool didn't pick it up either.

Did you tie the key to your GFWL account? You could try asking Microsoft to retrieve it for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom