• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM 2013 Announcements & Updates VII: Known bug with library game count.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Li Kao

Ok Steam, you win, if you want it that way I will play FTP titles ! So installing POE, Warframe and War Thunder. And don't you tempt me or I will try Neverwinter too !
These and the indies I listed earlier, I can't fucking hold all these games. I will soon have to pay somebody to play my games.

jediyoshi

That's unfortunate. If you've purchased any kind of content, it should tie it to your account. At that point, it shouldn't be up to the developers.

It was probably the easier implementation at the time since game transactions only affect your inventory and store transactions being the one dealing with entitlements.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Ok Steam, you win, if you want it that way I will play FTP titles ! So installing POE, Warframe and War Thunder. And don't you tempt me or I will try Neverwinter too !

The difference being that Path of Exile is a game worthy of having a price tag.

nexen

These and the indies I listed earlier, I can't fucking hold all these games. I will soon have to pay somebody to play my games.

Every time I see "POE" I think "Portal of Evil".

random

Me: Man, Limbo was alright and beautiful and all, I hope people enjoy it a bit more than I did, I remember it was pretty fun on the 360 when it released.

avHippo.jpg

"Let me and chance gift you this game, bitter one."

Me:

Gonna have to pay this forward somehow... To be continued.

Enjoy!

It's the first time I hear to "pay this forward", I guess you started by paying me back with some wisdom:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pay_it_forward

Edit: Some keys were unclaimed in the raffle. It's first come first serve now.

Wok

If I want to activate the Family Sharing for a friend of mine, I have to authorize his computer on Steam Guard so that I can log in once. If I reset Steam Guard after doing so, would he still be able to have access to my library?

Edit: Yes, Steam Guard authorizations are independent from Family Sharing authorizations.

Dr Dogg

Urgh I've gone out, done some food shopping and got a murder burger from the grotty kebab van and I've still got 2 hours to go downloading PoE. CliffyB was right "Get your shit together UK broadband".

Payment options just added to the Enslaved Sub

Ooohh top stuff. Come on Friday release *fingers crossed*

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Urgh I've gone out, done some food shopping and got a murder burger from the grotty kebab van and I've still got 2 hours to go downloading PoE. CliffyB was right "Get your shit together UK broadband".

Once it's done, get ready to wait in line. The current server queue is over 4000 users and growing.

Altazor

small question: I already have the PoE beta installed in my PC... I gotta redownload this 1.0 version from Steam? Do I have to uninstall the beta version? Sorry if this has been answered before!

Megasoum

Banned
I bought a new joystick this morning.... Oh how I wish Microsoft would finally put Flight Simulator X on Steam. I know there was some traces of it in the database but nothing is happening...

The only way to buy it right now would be at retail which sucks of course lol.

Imagine a day where FSX is ont Steam with Steam Workshop support..... sigh

jshackles

I played Path of Exile when it was in beta. Is there anything new campaign related?

There is a new character class that can be unlocked after doing a full playthrough. There is also new end-game content that essentially finishes Act 3.

Depending on when you played the beta, there could be significant changes as they were constantly working on it.

drizzle

Axel Hertz
Hahaha. Well you know, stopped clocks and all that. Besides...

3052692427.png

and that's with everything stopped!

A 650 ms ping on a server 50 miles from you? What? I think that's worse than that Army Gaffer in Afghanistan paying 20 dollars a week for 256kbps wifi access.

Dr Dogg

A 650 ms ping on a server 50 miles from you? What?

To be fair it's a bad night and a bad example but...

WHAT. Do you live in the middle of nowhere? BT not expanding FTTC to where you are?

the wiring is still original from the 1950's and copper wire to premises. The exchange has been upgraded to FTTC but our cabinet doesn't server enough dwellings apparently. The council have received one of the government grants but they've been mum about what's going on.

drizzle

Axel Hertz

the wiring is still original from the 1950's and copper wire to premises. The exchange has been upgraded to FTTC but our cabinet doesn't server enough dwellings apparently. The council have received one of the government grants but they've been mum about what's going on.

There must be something wrong somewhere on your path (from the phone central to your modem) 650ms on 50 miles is unacceptable, I don't care about your speed or how much you pay for it. That's straight up unreliable internet.

Have you looked at your packet loss? It must be high. I'm sure you can complain about it. Have you tracert to find out which server is giving you most problems?

I'm on 100mbit fiber, and I usually have a 5-25ms latency to anywhere in Brazil, but twice a month one of the servers in my internal ISP route goes to shit (maintenance maybe), and my latency goes to 50ms base and packet loss to 2%. Since it's the third hop on my routes, everything goes to shit. There must be something along these lines happening to you.

FloatOn

So this is what today update was about? I'm crying oceans of joy, as I put it aside because I'm not in the mood of playing with kb/m!

I have the same story. I'm on the couch for PC gaming and so kbm is less than ideal. However I do suffer through if the game is good enough

Zeknurn

Li Kao

Hmm, you know, I will have to move house in the coming months because of hey what wonderful times we are living in and... I seriously considered excluding all towns without fiber. I feel shame and nerdiness for that.
But my family would never accept to move in a big city. So I feel shame, nerdiness and sadness.

Dr Dogg

There must be something wrong somewhere on your path (from the phone central to your modem) 650ms on 50 miles is not anywhere near acceptable, I don't care about your speed. That's straight up unreliable internet.

Have you looked at your packet loss? It must be high. I'm sure you can complain about it. Have you tracert to find out which server is giving you most problems?

I'm on 100mbit fiber, and I usually have a 5ms ping to anywhere in Brazil, but twice a month one of the servers in my internal ISP route goes to shit (maintenance maybe), and my latency goes to 50ms and packet loss to 2%. Since it's the third hop on my routes, everything goes to shit. There must be something along these lines happening to you.

When we moved here just under 2 years ago we used to have an engineer out every other month. The main socket has been replaced twice. Depending who I get on the other end of the phone differs to the help I get. Some will say they notice errors on the line after conducting a test others will say it's fine. Still I've managed to harbor a stockpile of micro filters that I don't want and/or need. Besides, I've kind of got used to how shit it is now
though fingers crossed something gets sorted soon re: the cabinet on the street

Hmm, you know, I will have to move house in the coming months because of hey what wonderful times we are living in and... I seriously considered excluding all towns without fiber. I feel shame and nerdiness for that.
But my family would never accept to move in a big city. So I feel shame, nerdiness and sadness.

Well at the time we moved there wasn't too many area's local that had decent broadband let alone fiber. Win some and you lose some :(.

jshackles

I moved across the country (about 2,000 miles) almost 4 years ago. Before deciding where to move, I excluded any town without at least DOCSIS 3.0 standard compliant cable service, which supports approximately 150 Mbit/s.

If it was slower than that, I didn't want to live there.

nexen

I moved across the country (about 2,000 miles) almost 4 years ago. Before deciding where to move, I excluded any town without at least DOCSIS 3.0 standard compliant cable service, which supports approximately 150 Mbit/s.

If it was slower than that, I didn't want to live there.

Where do you even get this information?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom